Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using grep for find values larger/less than Post 302372312 by Scott on Tuesday 17th of November 2009 03:47:32 PM
Old 11-17-2009
Horses for courses.

Why bust a gut with grep when other tools make light work of this sort of thing?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep two values together.

Hi... I have a file abc.txt , havin more then 10,000 lines, each field separated by '#'. I want to grep 9914699895 and 999 from abc.txt I am trying cat abc.txt | grep 9914699895 | grep 999 but i am also getting data like 9991111111 or 9991010101 I want to grep "999" exactly and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file whick is consuming larger disk space in file system

Hello, Can anybody please tell me the command to find out the filesystem or a file which is consuming larger disk space sing i want to find out the file and want to compress it please help me out any help would be appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshpashine
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find values between values in two different fields

Hi, I need help to find values between two different fields based on $6 (NUM) AND $1 (CD), within the same ID. The result should show the values between the NUMs which will be extracted from within $3 and $2 in data.txt file below. data.txt ex 139 142 Sc_1000004 ID 4 CD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep & find command to find references to a particular file

Hi all , I'm new to unix I have a checked project , there exists a file called xxx.config . now my task is to find all the files in the checked out project which references to this xxx.config file. how do i use grep or find command . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangam
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep to find matching patern and return unique values

Request: grep to find given matching patern and return unique values, eliminate the duplicate values I have to retrieve the unique folder on the below file contents like; /app/oracle/build_lib/pkg320.0_20120927 /app/oracle/build_lib/pkg320.0_20121004_prof... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the X highest values in a list depending on the values of another list with bash/awk?

Hi everyone, This is an exemple of inpout.txt file (a "," delimited text file which can be open as csv file): ID, Code, Value, Store SP|01, AABBCDE, 15, 3 SP|01, AABBCDE, 14, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 13, 2 SP|01, AABBCDE, 16, 3 SP|02, AABBCED, 15, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 12, 3 SP|01, AABBCDD,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremy589
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find larger on replicates and output

Hi All I have a question. I have a file like this: 10 name1 ID1 value1 value2 valueN.. 31 name2 ID1 value1 value2 valueN.. 20 name3 ID2 value1 value2 valueN.. 23 name4 ID2 value1 value2 valueN.. 33 name5 ID2 value1 value2 valueN.. 45 name6 ID2 value1 value2 valueN.. well, my output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate values in specific column and delete all the duplicate values

Dear folks I have a map file of around 54K lines and some of the values in the second column have the same value and I want to find them and delete all of the same values. I looked over duplicate commands but my case is not to keep one of the duplicate values. I want to remove all of the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
4 Replies
TURNINCFG(1)						      General Commands Manual						      TURNINCFG(1)

NAME
turnincfg - manage assignments submitted with turnin SYNOPSYS
turnincfg [ OPTIONS ] [ project-name ] DESCRIPTION
Manages assignments submitted with the turnin(1) program. Allows the creation of courses and projects and the management of said courses and projects. This command used to be known as project in the early days of Turnin-NG and in the original turnin/project suite. Omitting [ project-name ] will cause turnincfg to use the default project. OPTIONS
--version Print project's version. -h, --help Print these options. -d, --disable Disable the current project. -D, --perm-disable Permanently disable submissions for the current project. -e, --enable Enable submissions for the current project and make it the default project. -l Enable submissions for the current project but does not make it the default project. -r, --remove Remove the current project and all associated files. -i, --init Initialize a project. Requires you to pass project-name -p, --compress Compress this project using the tar(1) and gzip(1) formats. -x, --extract Extract this project. This option will be called automatically if you enable a compressed project. -v, --verify Verify the cryptographic signatures on submitted assignments using gpg(1) May require you to fetch the student's public key. --list Print a list of projects, along with whether or not they are enabled and shows which project is the default project. --config=CONFIG Path to an alternate configuration file. -c COURSE, --course=COURSE Switch between the courses you are currently administering. -w, --legal Print warranty and license information. ADMINISTRATIVE OPTIONS --create-course=COURSE Creates the course COURSE. --delete-course=COURSE Deletes the course COURSE. --archive-course=COURSE Archives the course using the tar(1) and gzip(1) formats. EXAMPLES
turnincfg --create-course world-cheeses Create the course world-cheeses. turnincfg -c world-cheeses -i stilton Create the project stilton in the course world-cheeses. turnincfg -c world-cheeses -e stilton Enable and make default the project stilton turnincfg -c world-cheeses -D stilton Permanently disable submissions for the project stilton. turnincfg -c world-cheeses -p stilton Compress the project stilton. turnincfg --archive-course world-cheeses Compress the course world-cheeses and remove it from the global configuration file. FILES
/etc/turnin-ng.cf SEE ALSO
turnin(1) The full documentation for turnincfg is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and turnincfg programs are properly installed at your site, the command info turnin-ng should give you access to the complete manual. AUTHOR
Turnin-NG and this manpage were written by Ryan Kavanagh <ryanakca@kubuntu.org> in the summer of 2009 and are still actively maintained. Turnin-NG is a replacement for the 'project' and 'turnin' commands written in 1990 for the SPARC architecture by an unknown author. Both Turnin-NG and this manpage are distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2, or (at your option) any later version. Turnin-NG SEPTEMBER 2010 TURNINCFG(1)