Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers About the file /etc/rc.d/rc.local Post 302371282 by mihaylov23 on Saturday 14th of November 2009 04:18:20 AM
Old 11-14-2009
Are you booting into Xorg ?
try tty1 it should display the string.
i mean console 1, alt+ctrl+f1

Last edited by mihaylov23; 11-14-2009 at 05:42 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find whether a file is local or remote file?

Is there any system call to find whether a file is local or remote?? Thanks in advance!! -Jack Fds (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackfds
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoiding rc.local file during reboot

Hi, I am tryin to install custom software during the linux reboot. So,I have changed rc.local file, but unfortunately I have added a code that is going on a infinite loop. And now I am in a pick. Is there anyway that I can avoid rc.local file while reboot. Can anyone help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Avoiding rc.local file during reboot

Hi, I am tryin to install custom software during the linux reboot. So,I have changed rc.local file, but unfortunately I have added a code that is going on a infinite loop. And now I am in a pick. Is there anyway that I can avoid rc.local file while reboot. Can anyone help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the time difference between a local file and a remote file.

I m stuck with a issue. I need to calculate the time difference between two files.. one on the local machine and one on the remote machine using a script. Can any one suggest the way this can be achevied Thanks, manohar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meetmano143
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file size comparision local file and remote file

Hi, I have written a script which would FTP a dump file to the FTP server and log the whole activity into a file. to confirm the success of the file copy i grep for "226 file receive OK" and then send out an email saying success. Now i want to make sure the bytes of the local file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba.admin2008
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Local max values of a file

I have a data file of two columns (corresponding to the x and y axes of a graph) separated by a comma. I want to find the local maximum values and print them to a file. It has been a while since I've done any scripting and I've forgotten everything. I have a few basic questions. 1.) How do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jemm
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

rc.local file question

Hi, I putted the following code in my rc.local file: logf=/tmp/rc.local.log if then echo Start >> $logf /usr/sbin/pppd nodetach debug call internet >> $logf echo Stop >> $logf ping -c 1 google.com >> $logf fi But after login rhere was no rc.local.log file in my temp folder: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a file from a dvd to the local AIX file system

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX, so please bear with me. I have mounted a dvd drive on AIX. I am trying to copy the file that is on the dvd drive on to the local machine. However, I get an error: cp: c1m_0001.gz: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. Can some one point me to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anurag1510
1 Replies

9. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh cat file output into a file on local computer

Hello, I'm on a remote computer by SSH. How can I get the output of "cat file" into a file on the local computer? I cannot use scp, because it's blocked. something like: ssh root@remote_maschine "cat /file" > /locale_machine/file :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borsti007
2 Replies
readkey(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  readkey(3alleg4)

NAME
readkey - Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int readkey(); DESCRIPTION
Returns the next character from the keyboard buffer, in ASCII format. If the buffer is empty, it waits until a key is pressed. You can see if there are queued keypresses with keypressed(). The low byte of the return value contains the ASCII code of the key, and the high byte the scancode. The scancode remains the same whatever the state of the shift, ctrl and alt keys, while the ASCII code is affected by shift and ctrl in the normal way (shift changes case, ctrl+letter gives the position of that letter in the alphabet, eg. ctrl+A = 1, ctrl+B = 2, etc). Pressing alt+key returns only the scan- code, with a zero ASCII code in the low byte. For example: int val; ... val = readkey(); if ((val & 0xff) == 'd') /* by ASCII code */ allegro_message("You pressed 'd' "); if ((val >> 8) == KEY_SPACE) /* by scancode */ allegro_message("You pressed Space "); if ((val & 0xff) == 3) /* ctrl+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Control+C "); if (val == (KEY_X << 8)) /* alt+letter */ allegro_message("You pressed Alt+X "); This function cannot return character values greater than 255. If you need to read Unicode input, use ureadkey() instead. SEE ALSO
install_keyboard(3alleg4), ureadkey(3alleg4), keypressed(3alleg4), clear_keybuf(3alleg4), simulate_keypress(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 readkey(3alleg4)