Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: format output in csv file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting format output in csv file Post 302369131 by Prashant Jain on Friday 6th of November 2009 02:20:56 PM
Old 11-06-2009
Question format output in csv file

I am sending the output of a file to .csv file.
The output should look like this:

Total Customers Processed:,8
Total Customers Skipped:,0
Total Customers Added:,8
Total Customers Changed:,0

Total Policies Deleted:,0
Total Policies Failed:,0

total:,8

Now i want this output in only one cell, i.e line break in the same cell of csv file.like, we use Alt Enter on the cell in excel.

Wht my approach is , first of all i will replace the , with something else, thn i will remove the new line character with some spaces so that data comes in different lines bt in same cell, but its not working..

Please Help.........

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting into CSV format of SQL session output

I am getting a no of fields from a SQL session (e.g. select a,b,c from table). How do I convert the output values into CSV format . The output should be like this 'a','b','c', (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csv format output file using scirpt

Hi All, I get the test result file daily after running the main test script. from the resultfile, need to fetch only server info and status and put them in tabular format in a file and as well in CSV format output file. I tried using awk command but am not able to put them in tabluar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command output in csv format

I'm just wondering is there any way to capture the output of a unix command in a csv format. df -h gives the result of filesystem,free space,Used space, use %,mounted on. Is there a way to capture the command output and format it as comma sparated or fixed length file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anita81
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself

Hi, all I want to sort a csv file based on timestamp from oldest to newest and save the output as csv file itself. Here is an example of my csv file. test.csv SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0739.JPG,2015:02:17 11:32:21 /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0749.JPG,2015:02:17 11:37:28... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to translate df -h output into a CSV format?

Hi, Can someone please let me know as how I can send the below df -h format of a linux system into a CSV format ? Resource Size GiB Used GiB Avail GiB Use% Cleanable GiB* ---------------- -------- -------- --------- ---- -------------- /data: pre-comp -... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2prog
10 Replies

10. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
RADLIST(1)							Yard Radius Manual							RADLIST(1)

NAME
radlist - lists current on-line users and per user stats SYNOPSIS
radlist [ -bhnstx ] [ -D|M|Y ] [ -F format_string ] [ -d day ] [ -m month ] [ -y year ] [ -u user ] [ -y year ] DESCRIPTION
This program gives detailed statistics for current users on line (which is the default) or any user you like. Its statistics are on a per- day/month/year base and can be used to produced useful reports. It shows on-line time and traffic, along with numbers of logins and cur- rent port usage. Its output can be largerly customized as you prefer with a suitable format string. See FORMATS section below. OPTIONS
-b Uses a brief output format. -t Uses a `traditional' tabular output format. -n Skips the header when `-t' option is used. -h Prints out usage of the command. -F -Hformat_string Define customized formats for output rows and the header. See FORMATS section below. -m month Reports statistics for month month where month is in the range 1-12. -y year Reports statistics for year year that is a four digits number. -x Shows extedend information (port information). - u user Gets a single username database entry, i.e. select a specific username to report statistics for that user only. -M -D -Y Reports statistics on a dayly/monthly/yearly basis. They should be used along with d,m,y options. If not specified current date and -M is considered. FORMATS
radlist does allow the user to have a customized output format with the `-F' command line option (see above). The program accepts and out- puts any character in a format string and parse it to find some %-prefixed one-letter tokens. Those `a la' printf tokens are substituted with corresponding entry values. Normal C substitution are performed for \, , , and \%. The list of legal % tokens follows, any oher combination is parsed and ignored. Token Value --------------------------------------------------------- %l Username %s Number of current sessions %n Total number of sessions in the period specified %t Total online time in secs %T Total online time in HH:MM:SS format %i Total input traffic in bytes %I Total input traffic in KBytes %o Total output traffic in bytes %O Total output traffic in KBytes %m Total traffic in bytes %M Total traffic in KBytes %k Mean online time per session in secs %K Mean online time per session in HH:MM:SS format %g Mean traffic per session in bytes %G Mean traffic per session in KBytes %% literal '%' No alignment decimal values are allowed in this version of format strings. FILES
/usr/logs/YEAR/user-stats These are files which constitutes the yearly radlist database. They are in binary GDBM format and collect statistics on a per user base, day by day. /usr/logs/NAS/YEAR/detail-XX These text files stores accounting information for every access server (NAS) listed in the clients file. Each user session is iden- tified by a unique session-id and these accounting files store start/stop records for every single authenticated session. Informa- tion stored in those records, but for a group of standard ones, strictly depend on the NAS model and operating system. BUGS
The -x option apparently is not working. SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radlast(1) builddbm(8), radtest(1), radwatch(1), radius_attributes(5) AUTHOR
Francesco Paolo Lovergine <francesco@yardradius.org>. A complete list of contributors is contained in CREDITS file. You should get that file among other ones within your distribution and pos- sibly installed under /usr/docs directory COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997 Cristian Gafton. All rights reserved. Copyright (C) 1999-2004 Francesco Paolo Lovergine. All rights reserved. See the LICENSE file enclosed within this software for conditions of use and distribution. This is a pure ISO BSD Open Source License . 1.1 Aug 25, 2004 RADLIST(1)