Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [bash] passing array to function Post 302364422 by cfajohnson on Friday 23rd of October 2009 03:14:52 AM
Old 10-23-2009

Code:
array_assign() ## assign array "${2[@]}" to $1
{
  eval "$1=( "\${$2[@]}" )"
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH - KSH] Passing array to a function

Passing a array to a function, a basic feature in modern language, seems to be only possible in KSH. Not in BASH. Depite all my efforts I couldn't come to a solution. See the following examples: It works perfectly in KSH: #!/usr/bin/ksh function print_array { # assign array by indirect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash-function with array acting bizarre, bug?

Hello, basically what this script is supposed to do is showing a list of hosts that is given a number, that you will be able to choose from a list. A check is made to verify that the chosen number is within the array and this is where things go bad and I don't know why, bizarre. I've spent... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gand
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Function Array Arguement Passing

Hi All, I have some questions regarding array arguements passing for Perl Function. If @array contains 2 items , arguements passing would be like Code_A. But what if @array needs to add in more items, the rest of the code like $_ will have to be modified as well (highlighted in red), which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
5 Replies

5. Programming

Passing two dimensional array to a function

Hi. I have a problem with passing two dimensional array to a function. First, let me show my code to explain what i am going to do: I have function:void initialize_board(char board);which is supposed to modify content of passed array. I have read here: Question 6.18 how such arrays should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shang
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to bash script function (or subroutine)

I've found a few posts regarding passing parameters to a function or subroutine, but for some reason when I try to run a command based on part with these parameters it's not working. If I have the function echo the parameters they show correctly so I believe they are being passed right but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: withanh
2 Replies

7. Programming

[solved]help passing array of structs to function in c

this is my code to try and prinnt out a deck of cards. the print function worked when used inside main without being a function but now i cant get it to work as a function probably since i dont know how to pass a struct array in c. I gave it a shot but i keep getting an assortment of errors. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhum33
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Passing An Array

Good grief so this should be easy. Passing an array as an argument to a function. Here is the sample code: #/bin/bash function foo { local p1=${1} local p2=(${2}) local p3=${3} echo p1 is $p1 echo p2 is $p2 echo p3 is $p3 } d1=data1 d2=data2 a=(bat bar baz) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brsett
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing values from file into array in Bash

Hi, I'm trying to write a bash script that takes a file and passes each line from the file into an array with elements separated by column. For example: Sample file "file1.txt": 1 name1 a first 2 name2 b second 3 name3 c third and have arrays such as: line1 = ( "1" "name1" "a"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShiGua
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable value in a function to be used by another function

Hello All, I would like to ask help from you on how to pass variable value from a function that has been called inside the function. I have created below and put the variables in " ". Is there another way I can do this? Thank you in advance. readtasklist() { while read -r mod ver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aderamos12
1 Replies
std::gslice(3cxx)														 std::gslice(3cxx)

NAME
std::gslice - SYNOPSIS
Public Member Functions gslice () gslice (size_t, const valarray< size_t > &, const valarray< size_t > &) gslice (const gslice &) ~gslice () gslice & operator= (const gslice &) valarray< size_t > size () const size_t start () const valarray< size_t > stride () const Friends class valarray Detailed Description Class defining multi-dimensional subset of an array. The slice class represents a multi-dimensional subset of an array, specified by three parameter sets: start offset, size array, and stride array. The start offset is the index of the first element of the array that is part of the subset. The size and stride array describe each dimension of the slice. Size is the number of elements in that dimension, and stride is the distance in the array between successive elements in that dimension. Each dimension's size and stride is taken to begin at an array element described by the previous dimension. The size array and stride array must be the same size. For example, if you have offset==3, stride[0]==11, size[1]==3, stride[1]==3, then slice[0,0]==array[3], slice[0,1]==array[6], slice[0,2]==array[9], slice[1,0]==array[14], slice[1,1]==array[17], slice[1,2]==array[20]. Definition at line 65 of file gslice.h. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libstdc++ from the source code. libstdc++ Tue Nov 27 2012 std::gslice(3cxx)