Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Advanced error handling in shell scripts Post 302363701 by jlliagre on Wednesday 21st of October 2009 05:40:11 AM
Old 10-21-2009
I sometimes use a similar construction where I also add a question prompting the user to execute or not each command.

One limitation is handling structured instructions (i.e. loops, pipelines, conditional ) is more complex than single ones.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Null handling in scripts

Hi, I face some problem with handling of nulls. I declare a variable - say i - and intialise to 0. Later I read it from console, wherein if I dont give any variable and press return key, I get this error: "0403-004 Specify a parameter with this command" Is there anyway to handle this error? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error Handling in Korn Shell scripts

Hi, I am using few ISQL statements to update and delete from a few tables in sybase, now i want to roll back the transaction when any of the statements fail.How i can i capture these errors in the shell scripts.Please advise. Thanks, Gopi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Handling Errors in Shell Scripts

I have a shell script, which calls a load script to load a database. How can i handle errors in Unix(similar to 'error level' in Batch scripts)? I am trying to use 'mailx' to send a Success/failure message based on the error level returned by the load script. I have already used an error log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarsani
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error Checking in Shell scripts.

What i need to do is when the database connection is not successful , the script should move to next list i.e skip the current. But when i do this - if ; then break; fi The script break but it goes to the condition - if ; then for LIST in $LISTS do for TABLE in $TABLES do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell variables advanced

Hi all, i have more questions but its all about variables so lets begin 1st, is possible to list all variables ? Command env display only shell variables, but what if i declared another variable? Command set display more variables but not defined by me. 2nd, what difference is between set... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
24 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error handling in Unix shell scripting

Hello, I have written a shell script and suppose there is any error in the script. How i can do exception handling in shell script.for example i have below code sqlplus -s <<uid>>/<<pwd>>@<<$ORACLE_SID>> <<EOF > 1_pid1.log set pagesize 0 set feedback off set heading off set linesize 200... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rksingh003
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error in shell scripts

Hi, I have a shell script confug-msys.sh which callls config-common.sh. When run from command prompt,these work fine but give the below error when i try to run from code-blocks line 7: --without-contrib: command not found ...Also I am unable to understand what the second script does...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnyshah
4 Replies

8. Programming

Advanced Exception Handling in C++

Hi Friend, Could you please provide me with some tutorial for Advanced Exception handling in C++, mainly set_terminate() and set_unexpected() functions? Please find the details below: OS: Unix Compiler: gcc. Thanks. :) Awesome001 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: awesome001
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripts error

Dear all I have shell script where files have been organized into directory, i pass the directory name and it shold pick all the files within the directory and move to differnet path. When i run the scripts it doesn't move and come out with error and i am not able to understand it the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling scripts in two different servers

Hi , My Script work as below 1- On server 1 execute script1.sh , through this script one parameter file is generated as file.txt this is to transfer on server 2 2- After reaching on server2 other shell script script2.sh execute using parameter file file.txt This generate file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
1 Replies
math::complexnumbers(n) 					 Tcl Math Library					   math::complexnumbers(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
math::complexnumbers - Straightforward complex number package SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.3 package require math::complexnumbers ?1.0.2? ::math::complexnumbers::+ z1 z2 ::math::complexnumbers::- z1 z2 ::math::complexnumbers::* z1 z2 ::math::complexnumbers::/ z1 z2 ::math::complexnumbers::conj z1 ::math::complexnumbers::real z1 ::math::complexnumbers::imag z1 ::math::complexnumbers::mod z1 ::math::complexnumbers::arg z1 ::math::complexnumbers::complex real imag ::math::complexnumbers::tostring z1 ::math::complexnumbers::exp z1 ::math::complexnumbers::sin z1 ::math::complexnumbers::cos z1 ::math::complexnumbers::tan z1 ::math::complexnumbers::log z1 ::math::complexnumbers::sqrt z1 ::math::complexnumbers::pow z1 z2 _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The mathematical module complexnumbers provides a straightforward implementation of complex numbers in pure Tcl. The philosophy is that the user knows he or she is dealing with complex numbers in an abstract way and wants as high a performance as can be had within the limita- tions of an interpreted language. Therefore the procedures defined in this package assume that the arguments are valid (representations of) "complex numbers", that is, lists of two numbers defining the real and imaginary part of a complex number (though this is a mere detail: rely on the complex command to con- struct a valid number.) Most procedures implement the basic arithmetic operations or elementary functions whereas several others convert to and from different rep- resentations: set z [complex 0 1] puts "z = [tostring $z]" puts "z**2 = [* $z $z] would result in: z = i z**2 = -1 AVAILABLE PROCEDURES
The package implements all or most basic operations and elementary functions. The arithmetic operations are: ::math::complexnumbers::+ z1 z2 Add the two arguments and return the resulting complex number complex z1 (in) First argument in the summation complex z2 (in) Second argument in the summation ::math::complexnumbers::- z1 z2 Subtract the second argument from the first and return the resulting complex number. If there is only one argument, the opposite of z1 is returned (i.e. -z1) complex z1 (in) First argument in the subtraction complex z2 (in) Second argument in the subtraction (optional) ::math::complexnumbers::* z1 z2 Multiply the two arguments and return the resulting complex number complex z1 (in) First argument in the multiplication complex z2 (in) Second argument in the multiplication ::math::complexnumbers::/ z1 z2 Divide the first argument by the second and return the resulting complex number complex z1 (in) First argument (numerator) in the division complex z2 (in) Second argument (denominator) in the division ::math::complexnumbers::conj z1 Return the conjugate of the given complex number complex z1 (in) Complex number in question Conversion/inquiry procedures: ::math::complexnumbers::real z1 Return the real part of the given complex number complex z1 (in) Complex number in question ::math::complexnumbers::imag z1 Return the imaginary part of the given complex number complex z1 (in) Complex number in question ::math::complexnumbers::mod z1 Return the modulus of the given complex number complex z1 (in) Complex number in question ::math::complexnumbers::arg z1 Return the argument ("angle" in radians) of the given complex number complex z1 (in) Complex number in question ::math::complexnumbers::complex real imag Construct the complex number "real + imag*i" and return it float real (in) The real part of the new complex number float imag (in) The imaginary part of the new complex number ::math::complexnumbers::tostring z1 Convert the complex number to the form "real + imag*i" and return the string float complex (in) The complex number to be converted Elementary functions: ::math::complexnumbers::exp z1 Calculate the exponential for the given complex argument and return the result complex z1 (in) The complex argument for the function ::math::complexnumbers::sin z1 Calculate the sine function for the given complex argument and return the result complex z1 (in) The complex argument for the function ::math::complexnumbers::cos z1 Calculate the cosine function for the given complex argument and return the result complex z1 (in) The complex argument for the function ::math::complexnumbers::tan z1 Calculate the tangent function for the given complex argument and return the result complex z1 (in) The complex argument for the function ::math::complexnumbers::log z1 Calculate the (principle value of the) logarithm for the given complex argument and return the result complex z1 (in) The complex argument for the function ::math::complexnumbers::sqrt z1 Calculate the (principle value of the) square root for the given complex argument and return the result complex z1 (in) The complex argument for the function ::math::complexnumbers::pow z1 z2 Calculate "z1 to the power of z2" and return the result complex z1 (in) The complex number to be raised to a power complex z2 (in) The complex power to be used BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category math :: complexnumbers of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
complex numbers, math CATEGORY
Mathematics COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Arjen Markus <arjenmarkus@users.sourceforge.net> math 1.0.2 math::complexnumbers(n)