Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Backup of 20 GB Logical Volume in Linux Post 302360554 by fpmurphy on Friday 9th of October 2009 09:36:49 AM
Old 10-09-2009
What is your question for us?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - Extending Logical Volume within Volume Group

Hello, I have logical volume group of 50GB, in which I have 2 logical volumes, LogVol01 and LogVol02, both are of 10GB. If I extend LogVol01 further by 10GB, then it keeps the extended copy after logical volume 2. I want to know where it keeps this information Regards Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
3 Replies

2. AIX

Moving a Logical Volume from one Volume Group to Another

Does anyone have any simple methods for moving a current logical volume from one volume group to another? I do not wish to move the data from one physical volume to another. Basically, I want to "relink" the logical volume to exist in a different volume group. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisw
2 Replies

3. AIX

Basic Filesystem / Physical Volume / Logical Volume Check

Hi! Can anyone help me on how I can do a basic check on the Unix filesystems / physical volumes and logical volumes? What items should I check, like where do I look at in smit? Or are there commands that I should execute? I need to do this as I was informed by IBM that there seems to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
1 Replies

4. AIX

Logical volume name conflict in two volume group

Hello, I am a french computer technician, and i speak English just a little. On Aix 5.3, I encounter a name conflict logical volume on two volume group. The first volume lvnode01 is OK in rootvg and mounted. It is also consistent in the ODM root # lsvg -l rootvg |grep lvnode01 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

6. AIX

Position of the logical volume on the physical volume

Hello everyone, I just read that while creating a logical volume(LV) we can choose the region of the physical volume (PV) in which the LV should be created. When I say region I mean: outer edge - outer middle - center - inner middle and inner edge. Can anyone help me understand the utility... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
11 Replies

7. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Shrink ext4 filesystem and reduce the size of a Logical Volume in Linux

Hello guys, I would like to ask you kindly if you don't know some quick and safe method how to shrink ext4 filesystem and reduce the size of a Logical Volume in Linux, please? Thank you very much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: los_bandidos
2 Replies
BACKUP_LISTVOLSETS(8)					       AFS Command Reference					     BACKUP_LISTVOLSETS(8)

NAME
backup_listvolsets - Lists volume set entries from the Backup Database SYNOPSIS
backup listvolsets [-name <volume set name>] [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup listv [-n <volume set name>] [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup listvolsets command displays the Backup Database records for either o All volume sets and their volume entries, if the -name argument is omitted. o The volume set specified by the -name argument, along with its volume entries. OPTIONS
-name <volume set name> Names the volume set to display. If this argument is omitted, the output lists all volume sets defined in the Backup Database. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The entry for each volume set begins with the "Volume set" header and the volume set's name. A temporary volume set's name is followed by the string " (temporary)". Each volume entry follows on a separate line, indicating the entry's index number and the server, partition, and volume names it matches. The output uses the metacharacter notation described on the backup addvolentry reference page. Use the index number to identify volume entries when deleting them with the backup delvolentry command. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the volume entries in the three volume sets currently defined in the Backup Database: % backup listvolsets Volume set user: Entry 1: server .*, partition .*, volumes: user.*.backup Volume set sun Entry 1: server .*, partition .*, volumes: sun4x_55..* Entry 2: server .*, partition .*, volumes: sun4x_56..* Volume set rs Entry 1: server .*, partition .*, volumes: rs_aix42..* PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_addvolentry(8), backup_addvolset(8), backup_delvolentry(8), backup_delvolset(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_LISTVOLSETS(8)