Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printing unix error codes
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Printing unix error codes Post 302359876 by فارس الأحزان on Wednesday 7th of October 2009 03:37:32 PM
Old 10-07-2009
very thanks vijaya2006

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix return codes

Suppose I have a script which is monitoring a directory whenever a file drops in that directory,it sends alert say I want to write a return code for the above script which on successful execution of script gives a return value Based on return code , I want to do initiate some jobs in other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhib45
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to write c codes in UNIX

Sorry for asking a very basic question. How do i compile my c codes in UNIX. That is how do i know whether any c compiler is there in my system? If nothing is present where from do i get one and load into my system? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rraajjiibb
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you Sum UNIX return codes

Hi, I know how to read a return code after executing a single command. "echo $?". But I do not know how to sum the return code for a group of commands. If I string 3 commands together and I do an echo $? all I get is the retunr code for the last command. Example below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1tt45uuprs7
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Codes for Diacritics

Could someone please correctly tell the codes to use on Unix operating systems to produce the below diacritics: A Ā = Unicode Character 'LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH MACRON' (U+0100) a ā = Unicode Character 'LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH MACRON' (U+0101) D Ḍ = Unicode Character... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Krishna Birth
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CUPS printing and control escape codes

I ported application from SysV to Linux and run into troubles with printing. Application uses lp and HP JetDirect-based printers, it inserts HP control codes in the file and uses plain lp -d dest doc-file command to print it. The Linux (Ubuntu 8) has CUPS system, which I am not familiar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error Codes for VCS

Do we have common VCS error codes for all platforms. eg. 10195 Agent(s) for group %s failed on system %s for all Linux,Solaris and windows ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Printer printing control codes

Solaris 10: Having some trouble with a new printer printing control codes. This is an HP MFP M632. Tried a few ppd files and without a ppd file using commands similar to the follow: lpadmin -p L4102A -v /dev/null -m netstandard -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kuliksco
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to remove unused html codes from the file using UNIX?

Hi All, We have a HTML source which will be processed using a informatica workflow. In between these two we have a Unix script which transforms the file. We are getting an error from past week in the informatica saying invalid format, because the file has unused html reference (0-8,14-31 etc)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
2 Replies
factor(1)						      General Commands Manual							 factor(1)

NAME
factor, primes - factor a number, generate large primes SYNOPSIS
[number] [start[stop]] DESCRIPTION
If no arguments are provided on the command line, waits for a number to be typed in. If a positive number is typed, it factors the number and print its prime factors; each one is printed the proper number of times. It then waits for another number. exits if it encounters a zero or any non-numeric character. If an argument is provided on the command line, factors the number as above, then exits. Maximum time to factor is proportional to sqrt(n) and occurs when n is prime or the square of a prime. The largest number that can be dealt with by is 1.0e14. prints prime numbers between a lower and upper bound. If no arguments are provided on the command line, waits for two numbers to be typed in. The first number is interpreted as the lower bound; the second as the upper bound. All prime numbers in the resulting inclusive range are printed. If start is specified, all primes greater than or equal to start are printed. If both start and stop are given, all primes occurring in the inclusive range start through stop are printed. start and stop values must be integers represented as long integers. If the stop value is omitted in either case, runs either until overflow occurs or until it is stopped by typing the interrupt character. The largest number that can be dealt with by is 2,147,483,647. DIAGNOSTICS
Both commands print when the input is out of range, illegal characters are encountered, or when start is greater than stop. EXAMPLES
Print the prime factorization for the number 12: Print all prime numbers between 0 and 20: factor(1)