Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printing unix error codes
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Printing unix error codes Post 302359869 by pludi on Wednesday 7th of October 2009 03:32:40 PM
Old 10-07-2009
You might want to take a look at perror

Last edited by pludi; 10-28-2009 at 08:53 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix return codes

Suppose I have a script which is monitoring a directory whenever a file drops in that directory,it sends alert say I want to write a return code for the above script which on successful execution of script gives a return value Based on return code , I want to do initiate some jobs in other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhib45
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to write c codes in UNIX

Sorry for asking a very basic question. How do i compile my c codes in UNIX. That is how do i know whether any c compiler is there in my system? If nothing is present where from do i get one and load into my system? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rraajjiibb
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you Sum UNIX return codes

Hi, I know how to read a return code after executing a single command. "echo $?". But I do not know how to sum the return code for a group of commands. If I string 3 commands together and I do an echo $? all I get is the retunr code for the last command. Example below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1tt45uuprs7
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Codes for Diacritics

Could someone please correctly tell the codes to use on Unix operating systems to produce the below diacritics: A Ā = Unicode Character 'LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH MACRON' (U+0100) a ā = Unicode Character 'LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH MACRON' (U+0101) D Ḍ = Unicode Character... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Krishna Birth
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CUPS printing and control escape codes

I ported application from SysV to Linux and run into troubles with printing. Application uses lp and HP JetDirect-based printers, it inserts HP control codes in the file and uses plain lp -d dest doc-file command to print it. The Linux (Ubuntu 8) has CUPS system, which I am not familiar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error Codes for VCS

Do we have common VCS error codes for all platforms. eg. 10195 Agent(s) for group %s failed on system %s for all Linux,Solaris and windows ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Printer printing control codes

Solaris 10: Having some trouble with a new printer printing control codes. This is an HP MFP M632. Tried a few ppd files and without a ppd file using commands similar to the follow: lpadmin -p L4102A -v /dev/null -m netstandard -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kuliksco
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to remove unused html codes from the file using UNIX?

Hi All, We have a HTML source which will be processed using a informatica workflow. In between these two we have a Unix script which transforms the file. We are getting an error from past week in the informatica saying invalid format, because the file has unused html reference (0-8,14-31 etc)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
2 Replies
L-DIALCODES(5)							File Formats Manual						    L-DIALCODES(5)

NAME
L-dialcodes - UUCP phone number index file DESCRIPTION
The L-dialcodes file defines the mapping of strings from the phone number field of L.sys(5) to actual phone numbers. Each line in L-dialcodes has the form: alpha_string phone_number The two items can be separated by any number of blanks or tabs. Lines beginning with a `#' character are comments. A phone number in L.sys can be preceded by an arbitrary alphabetic character string; the string is matched against the list of alpha_strings in L-dialcodes. If a match is found, phone_number is substituted for it. If no match is found, the string is discarded. L-dialcodes is commonly used either of two ways: (1) The alphabetic strings are used as prefixes to denote area codes, zones, and other commonly used sequences. For example, if L-dialcodes included the following lines: chi 1312 mv 1415 In L.sys you could enter: chivax Any ACU 1200 chi5551234 ogin:--ogin: nuucp mvpyr Any ACU 1200 mv5556001 ogin:--ogin: Uuucp instead of chivax Any ACU 1200 13125551234 ogin:--ogin: nuucp mvpyr Any ACU 1200 14155556001 ogin:--ogin: Uuucp (2) All phone numbers are placed in L-dialcodes, one for each remote site. L.sys then refers to these by name. For example, if L-dialcodes contains the following lines: chivax 13125551234 mvpyr 14155556601 then L.sys could have: chivax Any ACU 1200 chivax ogin:--ogin: nuucp mvpyr Any ACU 1200 mvpyr ogin:--ogin: Uuucp This scheme allows a site administrator to give users read access to the table of phone numbers, while still protecting the login/password sequences in L.sys. FILES
/etc/uucp/L-dialcodes /etc/uucp/UUAIDS/L-dialcodes L-dialcodes example SEE ALSO
uucp(1), uux(1), L.sys(5), uucico(8). 4.3 Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1996 L-DIALCODES(5)