Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Converting Blocks to megabytes and gigabytes. Post 302359376 by garethr on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 11:35:24 AM
Old 10-06-2009
bc can be useful:

E.g. Number of blocks in 100MB:

Code:
# echo "(100*1024*1024)/512" | bc

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to convert file_size from bytes to megabytes

Hi All, OS:AIX 64 bits. Requirement is to convert file_size from bytes to megabytes through shell script as below: export DBALIST="xyz@rediffmail.com" ls -ltr abcd.txt > file_size.result export file_size=`awk -F" " '{ print $5 }' file_size.result` if ] then mailx -s "File abcd.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert 512-blocks to 4k blocks

I'm Unix. I'm looking at "df" on Unix now and below is an example. It's lists the filesystems out in 512-blocks, I need this in 4k blocks. Is there a way to do this in Unix or do I manually convert and how? So for container 1 there is 7,340,032 in size in 512-blocks. What would the 4k block be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockycj
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to split this file into blocks and then send these blocks as input to the tool called Yices?

Hello, I have a file like this: FILE.TXT: (define argc :: int) (assert ( > argc 1)) (assert ( = argc 1)) <check> # (define c :: float) (assert ( > c 0)) (assert ( = c 0)) <check> # now, i want to separate each block('#' is the delimeter), make them separate files, and then send them as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

centOS memory leak - MEGABYTES per day

hi i've notice a huge problem on my newly installed centOS server and i have no idea how to solve it and where to start.. memory on server 3 GB and it goes down, down, down.. after reboot it shows 71mb used after a hour its 76mb and after 24h it's around 200 later = more i have NO idea... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Duplicate blocks in an inode

I have 2 duplicate blocks in an inode and I want to get rid of one of them so that I can get into my pc. The message I get is Multiply-claimed block(s) in inode 5997500: 12690101 12690101. All help is appreciated. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nighttrain
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help converting df output to gigabytes

I need some help converting the disk space values in kilobytes to gigabytes. I can't use df -h because the report has to be in megabytes for some disk space tracking software the customer is using. I have been playing around with trying to assign variables I can use outside of awk so I can do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kuliksco
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row blocks to column blocks

Hello, Searched for a while and found some "line-to-column" script. My case is similar but with multiple fields each row: S02 Length Per S02 7043 3.864 S02 54477 29.89 S02 104841 57.52 S03 Length Per S03 1150 0.835 S03 1321 0.96 S03 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blocks into table

please help, I have a huge file with blocks of data which I need to convert to a tabular format. Input sample id: GO:0000017 name: alpha-glucoside transport namespace: biological_process def: "The directed movement of alpha-glucosides into, out of or within a cell, or between... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
3 Replies
MACUTIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)