Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat how to undo the last installed update on fedora. Post 302353489 by pludi on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 12:16:48 PM
Old 09-15-2009
If you've got the root filesystem on a LVM logical volume, and have space left in the volume group, you can do a snapshot, and restore to that if you don't like the update.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Dual Boot Win XP And Fedora with Fedora Installed First

Hi everyone, I hope this question goes here. Anyways, I have a unique situation where my friend's comp has Fedora installed and wants to add Win XP as a dual boot without formatting the drive. Is it possible to create a partition on the current hard drive and then install win xp? I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i know the latest update packages i have installed on solaris 9 ???

i want to know the update packages that i have installed on my solaris 9 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MONMON
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Undo the Veritas mirroring and update from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10

Hi all I wish to undo the mirroring for root and update the Solaris version from 8 to 10. Since i am lack of knowledge and experience on this, hope you all can help me double check the step and correct me. Existing disk groups details root@leo # vxdg list NAME STATE ID... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Fedora 14 Update

Hi experts. I have installed Fedora 13 and new release Fedora 14 is available, then: If I instal fedora 14 from CD created from iso file Will be lost all my data and current configuration? What is the correct process to update my system? Thanks a lot for your advice and please be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orma
4 Replies
LVREMOVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVREMOVE(8)

NAME
lvremove - remove a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvremove [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-f|--force] [-h|-?|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] LogicalVolumePath [LogicalVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
lvremove removes one or more logical volumes. Confirmation will be requested before deactivating any active logical volume prior to removal. Logical volumes cannot be deactivated or removed while they are open (e.g. if they contain a mounted filesystem). Removing an origin logical volume will also remove all dependent snapshots. If the logical volume is clustered then it must be deactivated on all nodes in the cluster before it can be removed. A single lvchange com- mand issued from one node can do this. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -f, --force Remove active logical volumes without confirmation. EXAMPLES
Remove the active logical volume lvol1 in volume group vg00 without asking for confirmation: lvremove -f vg00/lvol1 Remove all logical volumes in volume group vg00: lvremove vg00 SEE ALSO
lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8), lvchange(8), lvm(8), lvs(8), lvscan(8), vgremove(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) LVREMOVE(8)