Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat how to undo the last installed update on fedora. Post 302353482 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 15th of September 2009 12:10:29 PM
Old 09-15-2009
Linux does not have restore points. Unlike Windows you should use a tool like Acronis to backup your system, you can even use dd if you want. After the backup then apply the update.

To revert, you restore the backup. Linux had advantages over Windows, but this is not one of 'em.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Dual Boot Win XP And Fedora with Fedora Installed First

Hi everyone, I hope this question goes here. Anyways, I have a unique situation where my friend's comp has Fedora installed and wants to add Win XP as a dual boot without formatting the drive. Is it possible to create a partition on the current hard drive and then install win xp? I couldn't find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i know the latest update packages i have installed on solaris 9 ???

i want to know the update packages that i have installed on my solaris 9 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MONMON
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Undo the Veritas mirroring and update from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10

Hi all I wish to undo the mirroring for root and update the Solaris version from 8 to 10. Since i am lack of knowledge and experience on this, hope you all can help me double check the step and correct me. Existing disk groups details root@leo # vxdg list NAME STATE ID... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Fedora 14 Update

Hi experts. I have installed Fedora 13 and new release Fedora 14 is available, then: If I instal fedora 14 from CD created from iso file Will be lost all my data and current configuration? What is the correct process to update my system? Thanks a lot for your advice and please be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orma
4 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backups for devices running iOS 4 or later. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --udid UDID target specific device by its 40-digit device UDID. -s, --source UDID use backup data from device specified by UDID. -i, --interactive request passwords interactively on the command line. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. --remove remove items which are not being restored. --password PWD supply the password of the source backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. encryption on|off [PWD] enable or disable backup encryption. changepw [OLD NEW] change backup password on target device. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)