Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing string in multiple files Post 302352213 by girish1428 on Thursday 10th of September 2009 06:20:48 PM
Old 09-10-2009
Please test and try this....

Code:

for i in `find /user/home/ -type f`
do
sed "s/abcd/xyz/g" $i > temp; mv temp $i;
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a string in all files in a dir

Hello guys, I need help in globally replacing a string 'string1' with 'string2' in several files in a directory. In fact, also in all directories under it. Can anyone help me... Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing string in files

Hi, I Have 10 files ,I need replace $INPUT_LOCATION with $INPUT_LOCATION_upd .using sed command do it single file .How can change all files in single shot instead of doing individual file sed -s'/old/new/g' file1 Thanks, Mohan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming multiple files while replacing string

hi, i've found a few examples of scripts to do this but for some reason can't get them to work properly. basically i have some dirs with a few hundred files mixed in with a bunch of other files that were made with a typo in part of them. long-file-names-tyo-example.ext want to be able... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevin9
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a string in multiple subdirs to a new string??

I have following set of dirs: /dir1/dir2/subdir1 file1 file2 /dir1/dir3/subdir1 file4 file5 /dir1/dir4/subdir1 file6 file7 All of these files have a common string in them say "STRING1", How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing text from multiple files at multiple location

Hi, I have many files scattered in all different folders. I want to replace the text within all the files using a single command ( awk, sed...) Is it possible? example find all the files in which there is text "memory" and replace it with "branded_memories". the files can be at the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best method of replacing multiple strings in multiple files - sed or awk? most simple preferred :)

Hi guys, say I have a few files in a directory (58 text files or somthing) each one contains mulitple strings that I wish to replace with other strings so in these 58 files I'm looking for say the following strings: JAM (replace with BUTTER) BREAD (replace with CRACKER) SCOOP (replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
19 Replies

7. Solaris

Replacing a string in a long list of files

I have a script that needs to read a file with a long list of /path/filenames - replace the name of the server in each file - and write the file to the same path with a date extension. This is the script that I have so far #!/bin/ksh umask 022 LIST=`scripts.list` for i in $LIST do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjdamon
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing old TNS entries with New one in multiple files

I have requirement to replace old TNS entries with New one in multiple files. one file may contain more then one occurrence of tns. Example: Below is the one of occurrence in a current file(s). i am interested to replace only red part. <connection-pool name="Google_APP_CP"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDDubai333
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed parser behaving strange on replacing multiple words in multiple files

I have 4000 files like $cat clus_grp_seq10_g.phy 18 1002 anig_OJJ65951_1 ATGGTTTCGCAGCGTGATAGAGAATTGTTTAGGGATGATATTCGCTCGCGAGGAACGAAGCTCAATGCTGCCGAGCGCGAGAGTCTGCTAAGGCCATATCTGCCAGATCCGTCTGACCTTCCACGCAGGCCACTTCAGCGGCGCAAGAAGGTTCCTCG aver_OOF92921_1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with search and replacing multiple items in multiple files

Im having an issue when trying to replace the first column with a new set of values in multiple files. The results from the following code only replaces the files with the last set of values in val.txt. I want to replace all the files with all the values. for date in {1..31} do for val in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
1 Replies
SDL_PixelFormat(3)						 SDL API Reference						SDL_PixelFormat(3)

NAME
SDL_PixelFormat - Stores surface format information STRUCTURE DEFINITION
typedef struct SDL_PixelFormat { SDL_Palette *palette; Uint8 BitsPerPixel; Uint8 BytesPerPixel; Uint8 Rloss, Gloss, Bloss, Aloss; Uint8 Rshift, Gshift, Bshift, Ashift; Uint32 Rmask, Gmask, Bmask, Amask; Uint32 colorkey; Uint8 alpha; } SDL_PixelFormat; STRUCTURE DATA
palette Pointer to the palette, or NULL if the BitsPerPixel>8 BitsPerPixel The number of bits used to represent each pixel in a surface. Usually 8, 16, 24 or 32. BytesPerPixel The number of bytes used to represent each pixel in a surface. Usually one to four. [RGBA]mask Binary mask used to retrieve individual color values [RGBA]loss Precision loss of each color component (2^[RGBA]loss) [RGBA]shift Binary left shift of each color component in the pixel value colorkey Pixel value of transparent pixels alpha Overall surface alpha value DESCRIPTION
A SDL_PixelFormat describes the format of the pixel data stored at the pixels field of a SDL_Surface. Every surface stores a SDL_PixelFor- mat in the format field. If you wish to do pixel level modifications on a surface, then understanding how SDL stores its color information is essential. 8-bit pixel formats are the easiest to understand. Since its an 8-bit format, we have 8 BitsPerPixel and 1 BytesPerPixel. Since BytesPer- Pixel is 1, all pixels are represented by a Uint8 which contains an index into palette->colors. So, to determine the color of a pixel in a 8-bit surface: we read the color index from surface->pixels and we use that index to read the SDL_Color structure from surface->for- mat->palette->colors. Like so: SDL_Surface *surface; SDL_PixelFormat *fmt; SDL_Color *color; Uint8 index; . . /* Create surface */ . . fmt=surface->format; /* Check the bitdepth of the surface */ if(fmt->BitsPerPixel!=8){ fprintf(stderr, "Not an 8-bit surface. "); return(-1); } /* Lock the surface */ SDL_LockSurface(surface); /* Get the topleft pixel */ index=*(Uint8 *)surface->pixels; color=fmt->palette->colors[index]; /* Unlock the surface */ SDL_UnlockSurface(surface); printf("Pixel Color-> Red: %d, Green: %d, Blue: %d. Index: %d ", color->r, color->g, color->b, index); . . Pixel formats above 8-bit are an entirely different experience. They are considered to be "TrueColor" formats and the color information is stored in the pixels themselves, not in a palette. The mask, shift and loss fields tell us how the color information is encoded. The mask fields allow us to isolate each color component, the shift fields tell us the number of bits to the right of each component in the pixel value and the loss fields tell us the number of bits lost from each component when packing 8-bit color component in a pixel. /* Extracting color components from a 32-bit color value */ SDL_PixelFormat *fmt; SDL_Surface *surface; Uint32 temp, pixel; Uint8 red, green, blue, alpha; . . . fmt=surface->format; SDL_LockSurface(surface); pixel=*((Uint32*)surface->pixels); SDL_UnlockSurface(surface); /* Get Red component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Rmask; /* Isolate red component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Rshift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Rloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ red=(Uint8)temp; /* Get Green component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Gmask; /* Isolate green component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Gshift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Gloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ green=(Uint8)temp; /* Get Blue component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Bmask; /* Isolate blue component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Bshift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Bloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ blue=(Uint8)temp; /* Get Alpha component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Amask; /* Isolate alpha component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Ashift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Aloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ alpha=(Uint8)temp; printf("Pixel Color -> R: %d, G: %d, B: %d, A: %d ", red, green, blue, alpha); . . . SEE ALSO
SDL_Surface, SDL_MapRGB SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 23:01 SDL_PixelFormat(3)