Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print processing status in script Post 302351967 by yesmani on Thursday 10th of September 2009 05:12:35 AM
Old 09-10-2009
Thanks for ur reply,,

i am actually trying to print the the status continuoslu until it ends,,,

something like "status bar" which will indicate dots[printing dots] until the operation is in progress,,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

printer status for print spooler: help

Hey people I am currently working on a print spooler for unix over a network. I need help regarding the status of the printer. Is there any way to know when the printer has finished a previous job, so that the next job from the queue can be processed. Also is there any other way to print other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rage
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print exit status in AWK

Hi all, How can I print the exit status in AWK? echo $? doesnt work for me Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check status of last print command?

I am working on an Linux based application where I am using lp -onobanner -s -d$RPTDEST command to print the file on desired printer. Variable $RPTDEST could be different each time even for the same user. I need to implent the check if last print command was succesful or not, so that application... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpmore
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need with script which i am doing to print the status

df -h | awk '{if ($5 < 86%) {" " print 'status ok'} else {print 'Highdisk usage'}} i am trying to check if th disk usage is above 86% please let me know what the problem. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arch12
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lpstat print queue remain SENDING status

Hi All, When I type the following command: lpstat -pthcgl240 I get the following : Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- --------- --- ------------------ ---------- ---- -- ----- --- --- thcgl24 @CGBP SENDING 636... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj1986
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print queue hung in "SENDING" status

Dear All, Realized recently some of the print queue configured with rembak, are hung in "SENDING" status. The only workaround for this is to disable and enable back the print queue. This issue happen very random and frequent. I turned on the debug mode for a print queue and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj1986
0 Replies

7. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search strings from a file in files in a directory recursively; then print the string with a status

Hi All, I hope somebody would be able to help me. I would need to search a string coming from a file, example file.txt: dog cat goat horse fish For every string, I would need to know if there are any files inside a directory(recursively) that contains the string regardless of case.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to match string and print status

Dear team, Need support to built awk script for below requirement Input file LOTC cluster state: ------------------- Node safNode=SC_2_1 joined cluster | Node safNode=SC_2_2 joined cluster | Node safNode=PL_2_3 fail cluster | AMF cluster state: ------------------... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanul karim
16 Replies
DIFF3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison SYNOPSIS
diff3 [ -ex3 ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
Diff3 compares three versions of a file, and publishes disagreeing ranges of text flagged with these codes: ==== all three files differ ====1 file1 is different ====2 file2 is different ====3 file3 is different The type of change suffered in converting a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways: f : n1 a Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3. f : n1 , n2 c Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2. If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1. The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication. When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of the lower-numbered file is suppressed. Under the -e option, diff3 publishes a script for the editor ed that will incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3, i.e. the changes that normally would be flagged ==== and ====3. Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3). The following command will apply the resulting script to `file1'. (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1 FILES
/tmp/d3????? /usr/lib/diff3 SEE ALSO
diff(1) BUGS
Text lines that consist of a single `.' will defeat -e. Files longer than 64K bytes won't work. DIFF3(1)