Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX: How to check which authentication method we are using for a user? Post 302351696 by quanba on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 09:18:12 AM
Old 09-09-2009
AIX: How to check which authentication method we are using for a user?

In /etc/security/user, we can set which authentication method we use for each user. for example:

test:
admin = false
rlogin = false
SYSTEM = "NONE"

I want to test whether SYSTEM=NONE (without ") is acceptable. How can I verify it? and How can we check which authentication mehtod we are using?

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any simple method to check date format (YYDDD)?

Hi Guru's, Are there any simple method to check the date format which is in "YYDDD" (ex: 08002 for 02-Jan-2008)? Eventhough this can be implemented in several way's, I need the simpler one. Any idea would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Mysore Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

2. AIX

AIX and radius authentication

We want to use RADIUS to authenticate our AIX server logins. Can anybody tell me how to set on AIX server up to use a Radius server to authenticate or point me to documentation on setting up AIX to use Radius to authenticate user login. Our problem is that we have a few users that access our... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Identify which authentication method was used at logon

Experts, Is there any way to know which authentication method the user used to login into the box? I mean, is possible to identify if an active user had logged using keys or password for example? Let me clarify: we have a script that we want to allow users to execute only if they have used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmattos
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Check Installation Method used to install solaris 10

Is there any way i can check if the solaris server was build using jumpstart or normal cd installation .. though i can get the info from install_log but it only shows it was build from flash archive .. but does not give info regarding cd+flash, or jumpstart+flash .. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if host key authentication is setup

Hey all, I have a script that I use for some automated installs. Unfortunately for the script to work the server that it's running from needs to have host-key authentication setup to the target server. If it isn't setup beforehand and the script is executed the install partially completes and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rike255
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

best method to compress files in aix 5.3

Good morning, I have a file that is 200 MB and I want to compress it to the fullest, which is the best method or command to compress files in aix? Thank you very much and best regards. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
8 Replies

7. IP Networking

Cygwin remote ssh with key authentication method

Hi experts, I am not sure in which forum to submit this question. If this is not the correct place then please let me know where to submit this thread. My requirement is to invoke windows batch scripts from linux shell script. Hence, I have installed openssh in Cygwin on the windows machine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Looking for suggestion on authentication method for UNIX/Windows

Hello, We have mid level infrastructure of all on-premises servers. All windows servers are getting authenticated by Microsoft Active Directory Services, half Unix (Solaris+Linux) servers are getting authentication by NIS and other half by LDAP. We have plans to migrate from NIS to LDAP, so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

9. AIX

Best method to encrypt AIX LTO6 tape backups?

Hello, I need to be able to encrypt LTO tapes that our AIX writes to for backups. We have a tape library (IBM TS3100) that our AIX host uses to write to LTO6 tapes. We then take those tapes off-site and restore to another AIX system using a 3580-H6S LTO6 tape drive - this is a very simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
pam_rhosts_auth(5)					Standards, Environments, and Macros					pam_rhosts_auth(5)

NAME
pam_rhosts_auth - authentication management PAM module using ruserok() SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1 DESCRIPTION
The rhosts PAM module, /usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1, authenticates a user via the rlogin authentication protocol. Only pam_sm_authenticate() is implemented within this module. pam_sm_authenticate() uses the ruserok(3SOCKET) library function to authenticate the rlogin or rsh user. pam_sm_setcred() is a null function. /usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1 is designed to be stacked on top of the /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1 module for both the rlogin and rsh services. This module is normally configured as sufficient so that subsequent authentication is performed only on failure of pam_sm_authenticate(). The following option may be passed in to this service module: debug syslog(3C) debugging information at LOG_DEBUG level. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pam(3PAM), pam_authenticate(3PAM), ruserok(3SOCKET), syslog(3C), libpam(3LIB), pam.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The interfaces in libpam() are MT-Safe only if each thread within the multi-threaded application uses its own PAM handle. SunOS 5.10 28 Oct 1996 pam_rhosts_auth(5)