Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Where to download EIS-DVD?
Operating Systems Solaris Where to download EIS-DVD? Post 302351585 by incredible on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 04:43:52 AM
Old 09-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster5u
If without EIS-DVD. Can we process install SunSolaris ourselve?
It is EIS-DVD is just for latest patching. Is it necessary update.
Of course you can install Solaris with no issues. provided you have a valid contract, you can sign up online for Sunsolve and download the recommended patches for patching as well. Firmware for the h/w can be downloaded too. EIS dvd is a restricted copy.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

File .profile-EIS

Where is the file .profile-EIS???:confused::confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flavio841
6 Replies

2. Solaris

EIS-DVD Version

how to know which eis-dvd version is installed on the system ? and is there a way to get EIS-DVD for March past year (2009) ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to Install EIS DVD for SPARC (solaris 10)

hello, i need to install eis dvd (recommanded patches) dvd for a client, but i don't know the procedure, can you please help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feg
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'

I am getting an error similar to this when I try to watch dvd's. Every program has a similar version of this. unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'For VLC I have found a way to fix it. CD/DVD Drive not working VLC error (SOLVED) (Page 1) - Help & Support (Stable) - CrunchBang Linux Forums... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. Solaris

EIS Patch JumpStart

Dear Gurus, What is the proper method, steps and configs for me to perform EIS Patch installation through JumpStart Server-Client for Solaris 10? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisSquad
1 Replies

6. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
softwareupdate(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 softwareupdate(8)

NAME
softwareupdate -- system software update tool SYNOPSIS
softwareupdate command [args ...] DESCRIPTION
Software Update checks for new and updated versions of your software based on information about your computer and current software. Invoke softwareupdate by specifying a command followed by zero or more args. softwareupdate requires admin authentication for all commands except --list. If you run softwareupdate as a normal admin user, you will be prompted for a password where required. Alternatively, you can run softwareupdate as root and avoid all further authentication prompts. The following commands are available: -l | --list List all available updates. -i | --install Each update specified by args is downloaded and installed. args can be one of the following: -r | --recommended All updates that are recommended for your system. These are prefixed with a * character in the --list output. -R | --restart Automatically restart (or shut down) if required to complete installation. -a | --all All updates that are applicable to your system, including those non-recommended ones, which are prefixed with a - character in the --list output. (Non-recommended updates are uncommon in any case.) item ... One or more specified updates. The --list output shows the item names you can specify here, prefixed by the * or - characters. See EXAMPLES. -d | --download Each update specified by args is downloaded but not installed. The values of args are the same as for the --install command. Updates downloaded with --download can be subsequently installed with --install, or through the App Store (as long as they remain applicable to your system). Updates are downloaded to /Library/Updates, but are not designed to be installed by double-clicking the packages in that directory: always use --install or the App Store to actually perform the install. --ignore identifier ... Manages the per-machine list of ignored updates. The identifier is the first part of the item name (before the dash and version number) that is shown by --list. See EXAMPLES. --reset-ignored Clears the per-machine list of ignored updates. --schedule on | off Manages the per-machine automatic (background) check preference. -h | --help Print command usage. EXAMPLES
The following examples are shown as given to the shell: softwareupdate --list Software Update Tool Finding available software Software Update found the following new or updated software: * MacBookAirEFIUpdate2.4-2.4 MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update (2.4), 3817K [recommended] [restart] * ProAppsQTCodecs-1.0 ProApps QuickTime codecs (1.0), 968K [recommended] * JavaForOSX-1.0 Java for OS X 2012-005 (1.0), 65288K [recommended] sudo softwareupdate --install JavaForOSX-1.0 Software Update Tool Finding available software Downloading Java for OS X 2012-005 Downloaded Java for OS X 2012-005 Installing Java for OS X 2012-005 Done with Java for OS X 2012-005 Done. sudo softwareupdate --ignore JavaForOSX Ignored updates: (JavaForOSX) sudo softwareupdate --schedule Automatic check is on Mac OS September 11, 2012 Mac OS