Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail with attachments
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sendmail with attachments Post 302351004 by Ygor on Sunday 6th of September 2009 09:21:09 PM
Old 09-06-2009
This is a script I have to send html mail with a pdf attachment...
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

export MAILTO="spam@ebay.com"
export SUBJECT="Mail Subject"
export BODY="/tmp/email_body.html"
export ATTACH="/tmp/attachment.pdf"
(
 echo "To: $MAILTO"
 echo "Subject: $SUBJECT"
 echo "MIME-Version: 1.0"
 echo 'Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="-q1w2e3r4t5"'
 echo
 echo '---q1w2e3r4t5'
 echo "Content-Type: text/html"
 echo "Content-Disposition: inline"
 cat $BODY
 echo '---q1w2e3r4t5'
 echo 'Content-Type: application; name="'$(basename $ATTACH)'"'
 echo "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64"
 echo 'Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="'$(basename $ATTACH)'"'
 uuencode --base64 $ATTACH $(basename $ATTACH)
 echo '---q1w2e3r4t5--'
) | /usr/sbin/sendmail $MAILTO

I'm using GNU uuencode, hence the --base64, so you may need to change it.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Ygor For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Attachments

Hi I find that the attachment size are very limited. For eg, if we wish to analyse explorers from Sun systems or messages file, definitely they will exceed the given 3.5MB .. Dun you think so?:p (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachments

Dear all, I've been working with AIX for, um, 15 years now and I have read all I can about the above, but I am stuck. Everything seems to point to using sendmail on the command line to embed a uuencoded attatchment will not work. Using something like "(cat plain.txt;uuencode attach.file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Attachments in MUTT.

Can any body figure out how to attach the attachments mails while drafting them in MUTT form any location on my system. I am not able to figure it out. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Script: Gmail cannot find attachments

Hi. I am using a script on HP-UX to send emails that include a Pdf attachment to clients. The scipt makes use of sendmail. The scripts works for everything except gmail. When I go on gmail via my Web Browser, I can see the message with the attachment, but if I try to view or download the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wahooka
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Png Attachments

I use sendmail to send html emails, my script works perfect and sends email with plain text attachment. Now i need to attache png file to the email and this attachment part is not working. ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $TO" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail gz Attachments

Hi All, I have a problem again with sendmail content type . I am trying to attach the gz file to the html email but couldnt figure out even after extensive google. Here is my code. ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $MAILTO" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing multiple PNG attachments using sendmail

Need assistance in using the below script and having multiple png file attachments in the same script . Your inputs are appreciated. I dont have uuencode , I use either mailx, sendmail, mpack . ( echo "to: samplemail@somewhere.com" echo "from: samplemail@elsewhere.com" echo "subject:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail - Attachments & Subjects

Hi All, Not been around in a while. However I have been all over tinternet (google) for days looking for a solution. Where I work has decided to use Sendmail on our Linux and Unix estate for sending emails via scripts. So I am hoping to eventually get a working solution for Sendmail and not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakelly
3 Replies
OCI_FIELD_NAME(3)														 OCI_FIELD_NAME(3)

oci_field_name - Returns the name of a field from the statement

SYNOPSIS
string oci_field_name (resource $statement, mixed $field) DESCRIPTION
Returns the name of the $field. PARAMETERS
o $statement - A valid OCI statement identifier. o $field - Can be the field's index (1-based) or name. RETURN VALUES
Returns the name as a string, or FALSE on errors. EXAMPLES
Example #1 oci_field_name(3) example <?php // Create the table with: // CREATE TABLE mytab (number_col NUMBER, varchar2_col varchar2(1), // clob_col CLOB, date_col DATE); $conn = oci_connect("hr", "hrpwd", "localhost/XE"); if (!$conn) { $m = oci_error(); trigger_error(htmlentities($m['message']), E_USER_ERROR); } $stid = oci_parse($conn, "SELECT * FROM mytab"); oci_execute($stid, OCI_DESCRIBE_ONLY); // Use OCI_DESCRIBE_ONLY if not fetching rows echo "<table border="1"> "; echo "<tr>"; echo "<th>Name</th>"; echo "<th>Type</th>"; echo "<th>Length</th>"; echo "</tr> "; $ncols = oci_num_fields($stid); for ($i = 1; $i <= $ncols; $i++) { $column_name = oci_field_name($stid, $i); $column_type = oci_field_type($stid, $i); echo "<tr>"; echo "<td>$column_name</td>"; echo "<td>$column_type</td>"; echo "</tr> "; } echo "</table> "; // Outputs: // Name Type // NUMBER_COL NUMBER // VARCHAR2_COL VARCHAR2 // CLOB_COL CLOB // DATE_COL DATE oci_free_statement($stid); oci_close($conn); ?> NOTES
Note In PHP versions before 5.0.0 you must use ocicolumnname(3) instead. This name still can be used, it was left as alias of oci_field_name(3) for downwards compatability. This, however, is deprecated and not recommended. SEE ALSO
oci_num_fields(3), oci_field_type(3), oci_field_size(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_FIELD_NAME(3)