Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Email Attachment Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Email Attachment Script Post 302350310 by avronius on Thursday 3rd of September 2009 11:34:28 AM
Old 09-03-2009
identify a script that is working.
Code:
head -1 scriptname

Ensure that this line matches the line that starts your script.

Last edited by avronius; 09-03-2009 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: Fixed grammar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email Attachment

Hi, I have 2 questions regarding sending mail as attachment. 1. Using mime type (From Oracle tools which reside on UNIX) When send the mail(txt file) as an attachment, on some servers like Hotmail, the email goes perfect as an attachment. But on some servers like yahoo, get embedded mail which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad01
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email Attachment

Is there a way to send an email attachment? So far no where I've looked has given me any leads. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyro
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script that will send and email attachment

I'm looking for a sample of some code that will take the output from a file and generate an email that will include that text as an attachment. the script is in the borne shell. any help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davels
2 Replies

4. AIX

Email with Attachment

Hi, I have .ksh file which internally calls a .sql file. This sql file writes a file with the result. I am using the following command to send email with the result file as attachment uuencode file.txt file.txt | mail -s "Subject" abc@abc.com. When i run the .ksh file i get a message you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: piyushprabhakar
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending an attachment through email

As a part of requirement I need to send out mails with attachment from UNIX. I have to take query the Oracle DB and send the result of the query in an attachment through mail. I use the following script for the same. #!/bin/csh #!/bin/bash #!/bin/ksh ATTFILE=/folder1/test.xls cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl check email script not seeing attachment

The following script does pull the sender and Subject of the email but it is not seeing the attachment name. I know there is an attachment. I line in red SHOULD pull the filename out. this line is in the message: Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Picture 243.jpg" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ikon
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sent an email attachment, but the attachment is empty

I'm trying to send a .zip file from my unix box to my work email (email client outlook) The file name that I'm trying to sent is sites.zip and this is how I do it: uuencode sites.zip | mailx -s "testing" myname@mydomain.com When I open the .zip, the zip is empty. Looking around the we, I... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amb1s1
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attachment in email

I have a file in unix, while i do email that file to some one from unix, the attachment file data is displaying in the email. (as body of the email). but if the file has some special characters , the file is emailing as attachment. But i need the file as the body in the email if it has special... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nani1984
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email attachment using Operating System Script(UNIX) in Oracle Alerts

Good Day Kindly assist: I am creating an Alert that will notify supervisors of staff members who are due for probation report. I am using Operating System Script(Unix) as source.I have already developed the script. Now the challenge is if there are 3 employee records then the alert... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nosi27
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check email with attachment received or not from UNIX shell script?

Hello Guys, Here is the requirement!! I want to check the mail with attachment received or not through unix scripting. And send an notification email when mail with attachment already received. Any thoughts on this is much appreciated!! Regards, Harry (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharry2017
0 Replies
DH_INSTALLINIT(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)

NAME
dh_installinit - install upstart jobs or init scripts into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installinit [debhelperoptions] [--name=name] [-n] [-R] [-r] [-d] [-O] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installinit is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing upstart job files or init scripts with associated defaults files into package build directories, and in the former case providing compatibility handling for non-upstart systems. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm and prerm commands needed to set up the symlinks in /etc/rc*.d/ and to start and stop the init scripts. FILES
debian/package.upstart If this exists, it is installed into etc/init/package.conf in the package build directory. debian/package.init Otherwise, if this exists, it is installed into etc/init.d/package in the package build directory. debian/package.default If this exists, it is installed into etc/default/package in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts. -o, --onlyscripts Only modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts, do not actually install any init script, default files, or upstart job. May be useful if the init script or upstart job is shipped and/or installed by upstream in a way that doesn't make it easy to let dh_installinit find it. If no upstart job file is installed in the target directory when dh_installinit --onlyscripts is called, this program will assume that an init script is being installed and not provide the compatibility symlinks or upstart dependencies. -R, --restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the init script until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is different than the default behavior, which stops the script in the prerm, and starts it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. -r, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop init script on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the init script on install or upgrade, or stop it on removal. Only call update-rc.d. Useful for rcS scripts. -d, --remove-d Remove trailing d from the name of the package, and use the result for the filename the upstart job file is installed as in etc/init/ , or for the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d and the default file is installed as in etc/default/ . This may be useful for daemons with names ending in d. (Note: this takes precedence over the --init-script parameter described below.) -uparams --update-rcd-params=params -- params Pass params to update-rc.d(8). If not specified, defaults will be passed to update-rc.d(8). --name=name Install the upstart job file or the init script (and default file) using the filename name instead of the default filename, which is the package name. When this parameter is used, dh_installinit looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.upstart, debian/package.name.init and debian/package.name.default, instead of the usual debian/package.upstart, debian/package.init and debian/package.default. --init-script=scriptname Use scriptname as the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d/ (and also use it as the filename for the defaults file, if it is installed). If you use this parameter, dh_installinit will look to see if a file in the debian/ directory exists that looks like package.scriptname and if so will install it as the init script in preference to the files it normally installs. This parameter is deprecated, use the --name parameter instead. This parameter will be ignored completely for upstart jobs. --upstart-only Only install an upstart job file, and do not include maintainer script code to replace an init script with that upstart job. This parameter is intended for use when the "package.upstart" file is new and only to be used on Upstart-based systems. --error-handler=function Call the named shell function if running the init script fails. The function should be provided in the prerm and postinst scripts, before the #DEBHELPER# token. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHORS
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@canonical.com> Scott James Remnant <scott@canonical.com> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)