Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu i am new to opengl , how to work opengl in ubuntu Post 302349714 by Corona688 on Tuesday 1st of September 2009 04:15:20 PM
Old 09-01-2009
It looks like you need qt-dev, or something like qt-dev.

This code will only work with qt by the way, which is wholly unnecessary for OpenGL. It's probably a bad idea in general to tie functionality that has nothing to do with a GUI into a GUI, as it will make it very hard to make the code work anywhere else. You need X and mesa and SDL; write for that and your GL code should work anywhere.

here's a better introduction I think. Took me a while to find it. SDL is nearly everywhere these days, unlike qt.

Last edited by Corona688; 09-01-2009 at 05:20 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Help with OpenGL in Fedora Core 4.

I'm pretty much new to this Linux stuff, I installed FC4 the other night to try it out. I'm having a slight problem when launching Quake 3, it's giving me the error GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem I've updated my video drivers to the latest version and went through fglrxconfig,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filth Pig
3 Replies

2. AIX

Need to install opengl for GXT4500.

Hi, I try to install opengl bat it give a error that i need the opengl base level fileset 5.3.0.0 I use AIX 5.3 and my oslevel is now 5300-03. Where can i find the opengl files i need (5.3.0.0)? Thanks Peter. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xeonbb
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to compile openGL code which is in C++ in ubuntu

Hi, I am trying to compile openGL code which is written in c++ ..but i am getting error msgs like this root@lxdevenv:~/Desktop# g++ diss.cpp -o diss -I/usr/X11R6/include/ -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXi -lXmu -lglut -lGL -lGLU diss.cpp:1:23: error: windows.h: No such file or directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How to draw cylinder using openGL

Hi Sir, i am new to openGL, i want to know how to draw cylinder using openGL code in C or C++.. And i have to insert bitmap images on cylinder.. How to do this .. please guide me ... Thanking You in advance .. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. Programming

How to Decode an image using openGL

Hi, How to decode an image using openGL library libjpeg .. which are the steps needed to do this using C language.. actually my work is to decode the image, store it on the buffer, and place it on cube surface.. please guide me,,any answer will appreciated .. (8 Replies)
8 Replies

6. Programming

Draw a 3D cylinder using openGL.

Hi, please give me, how to code to draw 3D cylinder in openGL, that should be rotated in x-direction. waiting for your reply .. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Programming

How to install openGL packages?

Hi, Any one help me regarding how to install openGL packages to work in linux. And i installed some of the packages(gl,glu), but i don't know whether they are installed are not .. Which command is should use to check whether openGL is installed are not .. I am Thankful for any kind of... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 8 and openGL

Hi everybody, Sorry to bother you one more time, but I have a problem with my Solaris 8 installation. Actually, Solaris works well, I can start X and access my desktop (CDE), but I'm having troubles using Cadds (a CAO software). Cadds works, but the 3D visualization is very slow compare to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firstpost
4 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Difference between opengl es and directfb

i dont know in which forum to ask this question ..... :( . pardon me if it is not this forum i wanted to know difference between openGL ES and directfb as far i know directfb is alternative to x11 in linux for embedded devices. something like ... application | ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexzander18
1 Replies
UBUNTU-BUILD(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   UBUNTU-BUILD(1)

NAME
ubuntu-build - command-line interface to Launchpad build operations SYNOPSIS
ubuntu-build <srcpackage> <release> <operation> DESCRIPTION
ubuntu-build provides a command line interface to the Launchpad build operations. OPERATIONS
Listed below are the available operations for ubuntu-build: status Outputs the build status of the package on Launchpad on all architectures. retry Requests that the package has another attempt at rebuilding from source. This will only work if the package has Failed to build on Launchpad. rescore Requests that the package's build priority be raised in the build queue. Only members of the Launchpad build administrators may issue this operation, and it may only be performed on packages which Need building. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for ubuntu-build: -h or --help Display a help message and exit. Retry and rescore options: These options may only be used with the 'retry' and 'rescore' operations. -a ARCHITECTURE, --arch=ARCHITECTURE Rebuild or rescore a specific architecture. Valid architectures include: amd64, sparc, powerpc, i386, armel, armhf, ia64, lpia, hppa. Batch processing: These options and parameter ordering is only available in --batch mode. Usage: ubuntu-build --batch [options] <package>... --batch Enable batch mode --series=SERIES Selects the Ubuntu series to operate on (default: current development series) --retry Retry builds (give-back). --rescore=PRIORITY Rescore builds to <priority>. --arch2=ARCHITECTURE Affect only 'architecture' (can be used several times). Valid architectures are: amd64, sparc, powerpc, i386, armel, armhf, ia64, lpia, hppa. AUTHORS
ubuntu-build was written by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@canonical.com>, and this manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3 or (at your option) any later version. ubuntu-dev-tools June 2010 UBUNTU-BUILD(1)