Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 Speed and Duplex Settings: bge Post 302349316 by brialt1 on Monday 31st of August 2009 04:12:45 PM
Old 08-31-2009
What I posted before are my changes, the original file includes only commented out material and the following:

Code:
#########################################################################
#
# The property below represents the list of subsystem vendor/device pairs
# with which driver operation is supported.  This list will be updated and
# extended as new subsystems are validated ...
#
bge-known-subsystems    = 0x108e1647,
                          0x108e1648,
                          0x108e16a7,
                          0x108e16a8,
                          0x17c20010,
                          0x17341013,
                          0x101402a6,
                          0x10f12885,
                          0x17c20020,
                          0x10b71006,
                          0x10280109,
                          0x1028865d,
                          0x0e11005a,
                          0x103c12bc;
#########################################################################

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Duplex Settings

Hi All I've been having a lot of errors logged on the Cisco Catalyst (4000 series) which one of my Solaris servers is patched into. I have a feeling they are duplex related, but I'm a bit stuck as to how to confirm that. How do I: 1. Check the duplex settings on my eri0 card? 2. Set the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saabir
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

NIC speed 100M/full duplex problem

I have a TOSHIBA AS7000 B150 Sun Box I wanted to run it with 100M/full duplex I had added this to the /etc/system file to make to setting permenant So it would be set correctly on reboot. set eri:eri_adv_100fdx_cap=1 set eri:eri_adv_100hdx_cap=0 set eri:eri_adv_autoneg_cap=0 But when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

command to change duplex settings..

Hi Folks, I want the command to change the duplex settings of a HP-UX server. Thanks in advance. Sagar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
2 Replies

4. Solaris

gigabit - fix speed/duplex on the switch ? or autoneg ?

Hi there We have a bit of a debate going here over what the prefered method is for setting 1000/Full on e1000g or nge interfaces is. As you aware the Solaris configration files for nge and e1000g dont allow you to "fix" 1000/Full but instead allow you to set auto-negotiate to ON but only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set full duplex for solaris 5.5

I would like to change half duplex to full duplex on solaris 5.5. I tried with below commands but they didnt work on solaris 5.5. #ndd -set /dev/le adv_100fdx_cap 1 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csreenivas
6 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to find the duplex speed on Windows

Hi, In UNIX, it's very easy to find the duplex speed. But in Windows, is there a easy way to find the duplex speed? I can't go to over 100 servers to find this out, I was wondering if I run one command to do this? Please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find half duplex or full duplex

Hi, How to find whether the server is running with half duplex or full duplex. I tried with the following command ndd -get /dev/ but am not getting any output,. Is the command correct? Also let me know how to change from half to full duplex. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to change Speed Duplex

How to change Speed Duplex ! How to change Speed Duplex by command chdev -P -l ent1 -a media_speed=1000_Full_Duplex How to change Speed Duplex by Smitty . smitty chgenet -> select adapter -> change Media speed etc. -> set "Apply change to DATABASE only" to yes -> Enter -> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
0 Replies

9. AIX

Connected and Running with half duplex speed

VIO Server connected to switch port and running with half duplex speed on one of the shared ethernet adapter. We have verified at switch end and everythings looks good. Other ethernet adapter in the VIO server are connected and running in Full duplex speed. Please help me find why this shared... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugunthanvh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script help for monitoring duplex settings

So I have a server I am trying to set up a script to send a Wall message notifying of my eth0 nic being set to 100 half duplex instead of 100 full duplex. I know I am trying to read from /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 to pull the parameters STARTMODE=onboot BOOTPROTO=static... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lutador72
6 Replies
sysconfigdb(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    sysconfigdb(8)

NAME
sysconfigdb - Manage the subsystem configuration database SYNOPSIS
/sbin/sysconfigdb -s /sbin/sysconfigdb {-a | -u} [-t target] -f file subsystem-name /sbin/sysconfigdb {-m | -r} [-t target] -f file [subsystem-name] /sbin/sysconfigdb -d [-t target] subsystem-name /sbin/sysconfigdb -l [-t target] [subsystem-name,...] Specifies a subsystem that contains the attributes you want to modify. The subsystem name and attributes are in a stanza-formatted input file. You must specify only one subsystem name when deleting (-d), adding (-a), or replacing (-u) a subsystem. In other cases, when you do not specify a subsystem name the operation is attempted for all the subsystems and attributes specified in the input file. FLAGS
Adds the specified subsystem entry to the target file. Deletes the specified subsystem entry from the target file. Specifies the input file, a stanza-formatted file that contains entries for one or more subsystems. The default target file is the /etc/sysconfigtab file. Specify another target file by using the -t target flag. Lists the specified subsystem entries in the target file. If you do not specify subsystem-name,... arguments, all subsystem entries in the target file are listed. The /etc/sysconfigtab file is the default target file. Merges subsystem attributes specified in the input file with the subsystem attributes in the target file. If you do not specify a subsys- tem-name argument, all subsystem entries in the input file are merged. The /etc/sysconfigtab file is the default target file. Removes the subsystem entries specified in the input file from the target file. The only entries removed are those which have attribute names and val- ues that exactly match those in the input file. If you do not specify a subsystem-name argument, all subsystem entries in the input file with exactly-matching attributes are removed from the target file. The /etc/sysconfigtab file is the default target database file. Syn- chronizes the /etc/sysconfigtab file and the in-memory configuration database by updating the in-memory database so that it matches the /etc/sysconfigtab file. Specifies the target file for the operation. If you do not specify this flag, the default target file is the /etc/sysconfigtab file. Replaces a subsystem entry in the target file with the subsystem entry specified in the input file. DESCRIPTION
The sysconfigdb command is used to manage the /etc/sysconfigtab subsystem configuration database. However, it can also be used to maintain any text file that has the same format as the /etc/sysconfigtab file. The file being managed by the sysconfigdb command is called the tar- get file. By default, the target file is the /etc/sysconfigtab file. To specify another file as a target file, use the -t file flag. To modify a target file, create an input stanza-formatted file, as described in stanza(4). This stanza file contains the name of one or more subsystems, each with a list of attributes and their values. When the target file is the /etc/sysconfigtab file, modifications you make to it are automatically synchronized into the in-memory subsys- tem configuration database. However, the subsystems are unchanged until the next time they are configured. When the target file is another file, there is no synchronization with the in-memory subsystem configuration database. For example, suppose you create the following file named table_mgr.stanza that defines the attributes for a subsystem named table_mgr_1 and a subsystem named tbl_mgr_2: table_mgr_1: size = 10 name = Ten Element Table tbl_mgr_2: size = 5 name = Five Element Table To add the contents of this file to the /etc/sysconfigtab database and to have those modifications synchronized with the in-memory configu- ration database, enter the following commands: # sysconfigdb -a -f table_mgr.stanza table_mgr_1 # sysconfigdb -a -f table_mgr.stanaz tbl_mgr_2 The above example does not change the value of attributes in the running kernel. To modify the value of attributes in the run- ning kernel you must do one of the following: Use the sysconfig -r command Unconfigure and reconfigure the subsystem that contains the attribute value Reboot your system Always use the sysconfigdb command to modify the /etc/sysconfigtab database as it automatically updates the in-memory copy of the database. This ensures that the kernel has immediate access to any changes. The file is also automatically merged during an update installation and changes will be merged into the new system. To add the contents of the file table_mgr.stanza to another text file named /etc/sampleconfigdb, enter the following command: # sysconfigdb -a -t /etc/sampleconfigdb -f table_mgr.stanza Because the output file is not the /etc/sysconfigtab file, the in-memory configuration data- base is not updated. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to execute the commmand when the /etc/sysconfigtab file is the target file and the operation will modify it. EXAMPLES
The following list shows examples of using the sysconfigdb command: To replace an existing entry in the /etc/sysconfigtab file, use the -u flag: # sysconfigdb -u -f table_mgr.stanza table_mgr_1 The above command replaces the table_mgr_1 entry in the /etc/sysconfigtab file with the information in the table_mgr.stanza file for the table_mgr_1 subsystem. The command updates the in-memory copy of the subsystem configuration database to match the modified /etc/sysconfigtab file. To merge information in a stanza-formatted file with the /etc/sysconfigtab file, use the -m flag: # sysconfigdb -m -f table_mgr.stanza tbl_mgr_2 The above command merges the tbl_mgr_2 information from the table_mgr.stanza file with the information already in the tbl_mgr_2 entry in the /etc/sysconfigtab file. The command updates the in-memory copy of the subsystem configuration database to match the modified /etc/sysconfigtab file. To list the entry for a subsystem in the /etc/sysconfigtab file, use the -l flag: # sysconfigdb -l table_mgr_1 table_mgr_1: size = 10 name = Ten Element Table The above command does not update the in-memory copy of the subsystem configuration database. To delete the entry for a subsystem from the /etc/sysconfigtab file, use the -d flag: # sysconfigdb -d table_mgr_1 The above command deletes the table_mgr_1 entry from the /etc/sysconfigtab file and updates the in-mem- ory copy of the subsystem configuration database to match the modified /etc/sysconfigtab file. FILES
The subsystem configuration database RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cfgmgr(8) sysconfig(8) Files: sysconfigtab(4), stanza(4) delim off sysconfigdb(8)