Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding variables in a unix script Post 302348034 by vbe on Thursday 27th of August 2009 07:49:13 AM
Old 08-27-2009
ant:/home/vbe $ echo "$A+$B+$C"
3+4+9.5
ant:/home/vbe $ echo "$A+$B+$C"|bc

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

adding variables for, for loop

I have a structure which contains n number of elements. For example: stFruits : apple, grapes, strawberry, pear, kiwi, melon, papaya, mango, orange, sweetlime ..... etc Now i have to write a for loop as follows: int i; int j; j=stFruits.apple+stFruits.grapes+stFruits.pear+.... and so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass variables to a Unix script from a file

Hi, I am running a Java program from a unix script. I need to pass a variable to the Java code from a file. Here are teh details: cat Parm <<this is my Parameter file>> queuename=queue1 and my shell script is : #!/bin/ksh . ./Parm /opt/java1.5/bin/java -classpath ./java.jar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple unix variables in script

I'm creating a script that asks a user for a variable ex read filename; read numberinput; I also have a bunch of files named file.0 file.1 ... file.55 I'm trying to delete all files (if they exist) about file.$numberinput. Can someone help me out on how to include the variable as part... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenix4545
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Creating script adding 3 different variables in 3 columns

I have 3 variables with different information.. they look like this (row-wise aswell): Variable1 = Roland Kalle Dalius Variable2 = ake123 ler321 kaf434 Variable3 = Richardsen Sworden Lokthar How can I sort them by variable3 alphabetical and add them into the same output so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prantare
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Variables

Hi. I have a for loop that I use to extract integer values in a shell script (ksh). Now, I would like to add the values. My preference, from my c programming days, would be to do something like the commented out line below in the for loop. However, this is not recognised. So I use the line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikem22
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Define variables with UNIX script

oopps! I Meant "Define Variables within a UNIX Script" What would be the best way to define a variable in a unix shell script so anyone who views this script doesn't know what value is assigned to that variable. some other location... a="/usr/lib/fileA" Unix script... sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: macastor
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Datastage environment variables in Unix script

Hi All, I am using ETL tool Datastage and is installed on Linux environment. Few environment variables are set in datastage. Now my requirement is to use those environment variables in a unix script. Is there any option I can do it? Sugeestions from people working on datastage and linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bghosh
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding variables to repeating strings

Hello, I want to add a letter to the end of a string if it repeats in a column. so if I have a file like this: DOG001 DOG0023 DOG004 DOG001 DOG0023 DOG001 the output should look like this: DOG001-a DOG0023-a DOG004 DOG001-b (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
15 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Adding same value to variables in does each repetition of command

So, I have this command: mkdir rolled for %%x in (*gif) do convert %%x -roll +2+6 %%x|move %%x rolled I'd like to have the +2 and +6 accumulate here. In each new gif tackled, it should increase by the amount: +2 (for x) and +6 (for y) Is this possible? I'm on Windows, DOS. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
0 Replies
PDF::API2::Annotation(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				PDF::API2::Annotation(3pm)

NAME
PDF::API2::Annotation - annotation management METHODS
$ant = PDF::API2::Annotation->new Returns a annotation object (called from $page->annotation). $ant->link $page, %opts Defines the annotation as launch-page with page $page and options %opts (-rect, -border or 'dest-options'). $ant->url $url, %opts Defines the annotation as launch-url with url $url and options %opts (-rect and/or -border). $ant->file $file, %opts Defines the annotation as launch-file with filepath $file and options %opts (-rect and/or -border). $ant->pdfile $pdfile, $pagenum, %opts Defines the annotation as pdf-file with filepath $pdfile, $pagenum and options %opts (same as dest). $ant->text $text, %opts Defines the annotation as textnote with content $text and options %opts (-rect and/or -open). $ant->movie $file, $contentype, %opts Defines the annotation as a movie from $file with $contentype and options %opts (-rect). $ant->rect $llx, $lly, $urx, $ury Sets the rectangle of the annotation. $ant->border @b Sets the border-styles of the annotation, if applicable. $ant->content @lines Sets the text-content of the annotation, if applicable. $ant->open $bool Display the annotation either open or closed, if applicable. $ant->dest( $page, -fit => 1 ) Display the page designated by page, with its contents magnified just enough to fit the entire page within the window both horizontally and vertically. If the required horizontal and vertical magnification factors are different, use the smaller of the two, centering the page within the window in the other dimension. $ant->dest( $page, -fith => $top ) Display the page designated by page, with the vertical coordinate top positioned at the top edge of the window and the contents of the page magnified just enough to fit the entire width of the page within the window. $ant->dest( $page, -fitv => $left ) Display the page designated by page, with the horizontal coordinate left positioned at the left edge of the window and the contents of the page magnified just enough to fit the entire height of the page within the window. $ant->dest( $page, -fitr => [ $left, $bottom, $right, $top ] ) Display the page designated by page, with its contents magnified just enough to fit the rectangle specified by the coordinates left, bottom, right, and top entirely within the window both horizontally and vertically. If the required horizontal and vertical magnification factors are different, use the smaller of the two, centering the rectangle within the window in the other dimension. $ant->dest( $page, -fitb => 1 ) (PDF 1.1) Display the page designated by page, with its contents magnified just enough to fit its bounding box entirely within the window both horizontally and vertically. If the required horizontal and vertical magnification factors are different, use the smaller of the two, centering the bounding box within the window in the other dimension. $ant->dest( $page, -fitbh => $top ) (PDF 1.1) Display the page designated by page, with the vertical coordinate top positioned at the top edge of the window and the contents of the page magnified just enough to fit the entire width of its bounding box within the window. $ant->dest( $page, -fitbv => $left ) (PDF 1.1) Display the page designated by page, with the horizontal coordinate left positioned at the left edge of the window and the contents of the page magnified just enough to fit the entire height of its bounding box within the window. $ant->dest( $page, -xyz => [ $left, $top, $zoom ] ) Display the page designated by page, with the coordinates (left, top) positioned at the top-left corner of the window and the contents of the page magnified by the factor zoom. A zero(0) value for any of the parameters left, top, or zoom specifies that the current value of that parameter is to be retained unchanged. $ant->dest( $name ) (PDF 1.2) Connect the Annotation to a "Named Destination" defined elswere. AUTHOR
Alfred Reibenschuh perl v5.14.2 2014-03-09 PDF::API2::Annotation(3pm)