Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding variables in a unix script Post 302348032 by sagar_evc on Thursday 27th of August 2009 07:47:55 AM
Old 08-27-2009
https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...t-numbers.html

read this post. This works for me

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

adding variables for, for loop

I have a structure which contains n number of elements. For example: stFruits : apple, grapes, strawberry, pear, kiwi, melon, papaya, mango, orange, sweetlime ..... etc Now i have to write a for loop as follows: int i; int j; j=stFruits.apple+stFruits.grapes+stFruits.pear+.... and so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass variables to a Unix script from a file

Hi, I am running a Java program from a unix script. I need to pass a variable to the Java code from a file. Here are teh details: cat Parm <<this is my Parameter file>> queuename=queue1 and my shell script is : #!/bin/ksh . ./Parm /opt/java1.5/bin/java -classpath ./java.jar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple unix variables in script

I'm creating a script that asks a user for a variable ex read filename; read numberinput; I also have a bunch of files named file.0 file.1 ... file.55 I'm trying to delete all files (if they exist) about file.$numberinput. Can someone help me out on how to include the variable as part... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenix4545
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Creating script adding 3 different variables in 3 columns

I have 3 variables with different information.. they look like this (row-wise aswell): Variable1 = Roland Kalle Dalius Variable2 = ake123 ler321 kaf434 Variable3 = Richardsen Sworden Lokthar How can I sort them by variable3 alphabetical and add them into the same output so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prantare
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Variables

Hi. I have a for loop that I use to extract integer values in a shell script (ksh). Now, I would like to add the values. My preference, from my c programming days, would be to do something like the commented out line below in the for loop. However, this is not recognised. So I use the line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikem22
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Define variables with UNIX script

oopps! I Meant "Define Variables within a UNIX Script" What would be the best way to define a variable in a unix shell script so anyone who views this script doesn't know what value is assigned to that variable. some other location... a="/usr/lib/fileA" Unix script... sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: macastor
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Datastage environment variables in Unix script

Hi All, I am using ETL tool Datastage and is installed on Linux environment. Few environment variables are set in datastage. Now my requirement is to use those environment variables in a unix script. Is there any option I can do it? Sugeestions from people working on datastage and linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bghosh
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding variables to repeating strings

Hello, I want to add a letter to the end of a string if it repeats in a column. so if I have a file like this: DOG001 DOG0023 DOG004 DOG001 DOG0023 DOG001 the output should look like this: DOG001-a DOG0023-a DOG004 DOG001-b (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
15 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Adding same value to variables in does each repetition of command

So, I have this command: mkdir rolled for %%x in (*gif) do convert %%x -roll +2+6 %%x|move %%x rolled I'd like to have the +2 and +6 accumulate here. In each new gif tackled, it should increase by the amount: +2 (for x) and +6 (for y) Is this possible? I'm on Windows, DOS. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
0 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)