Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formatting output in columns
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting output in columns Post 302346720 by mohsin.quazi on Monday 24th of August 2009 02:44:51 AM
Old 08-24-2009
Thanks a lot !!

I have become fan of awk now.. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text formatting to 132 columns

I want to take a file that is generated in 132 columns from a unix based report generator and transfer it to a windows environment and preserve the column length. Any ideas how I can do this so that whatever windows based text editor that reads the document will know it should be in 132 columns?... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmossman
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting info into columns

Hi This question has kind of been asked before but I couldn't get any of the solutions to work. I need to format fields being cut from a file into columns so it looks like a table. e.g Full name Address Hiredate Joe Smith London 11.01.01 Bill King ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: straight_edge
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting a line of data into columns

Hi all, I'm a little stuck with a data file I've been collecting data in. The file contains one field of data running continuously down the file and I can't work out how to format the data into three columns. This is a mock up of the file: Each r# is a random number and varies in length, this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nistleloy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting of output

Hi Experts, I have to create a report for certain audit and my output looks as follows I m trying to format my output to look like Any inputs would be highly appreciated Thanks Syed (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Formatting

Hi Guys I need help removing some lines from output i am receiving from a shell script. Here is the output: http://i52.tinypic.com/10z0fut.png I am trying to remove the output that i have circled. . ${EDW}/extracts/bin/extracts_setup2.sh . ${EDW}/extracts/extracts.conf ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mooey1232003
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting columns

Hi I have a file that is several gigs in size and basically I want to change the format of it. Obviously I cannot go through it manually. The file looks like this: 897 2 901 2 905 2 909 2 913 2 917 2 921 2 925 2 929 2 933 2 937 2 941 2 945 2 949 0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kylle345
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting columns in file

I have a script that creates a file with three column output. The columns look like this: Policy Name Name Volume VLS-EDWARDS-ARCHIVED_FILE-WINDOWS 10 12 XLZ-BASE-CYGWIN-ARCHIVED-FILE-LINUX 2 21 ZLX-GOLD-FILES-JAPANFILERS1-LINUX 20 27 ZLX-GOLD-FILES-JAPANFILERS2-LINUX13 29... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl syntax for formatting columns and text

Dear all, Pzl let me know what is the syntax for converting the columns format to text as i have lots of values for but when i put these values in xls sheet the values are automatically converted to and one more question i have is how to call values from shell script into perl script eg. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash formatting data into columns

Hi guys, I'm trying to create a table of aggregated data using just bash commands. My data is in three columns, for example: 2014-01-01 testA 64 2014-01-01 testB 27 2014-02-01 testA 31 2014-02-02 testB 29 2014-02-02 testC 12 And the result I am looking for is: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mccmjc
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output formatting

Hi , can anyone help me in this Input file Name= XYZ Company= ALPHA City= Stockhomn Equipment=computer Country=Sweden Name=MNC Company=Beta City=Kaulampur Equipment=computer Country=Malaysia Name=JVC Company=gamma City=Kiruna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swets
3 Replies
PWMCONFIG(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      PWMCONFIG(8)

NAME
pwmconfig - tests the PWM outputs of sensors and configures fancontrol SYNOPSIS
pwmconfig WARNING
pwmconfig will attempt to stop your fans, one at a time, for approximately 5 seconds each. This may cause your processor temperature to rise. Verify that all fans are running at normal speed after this program has exited. pwmconfig does its best to check that the fans are spinning when they are supposed to, but due to the diversity of available motherboards and fans, it shouldn't be blindly trusted. Always verify by yourself. It is strongly recommended to run pwmconfig at a time when there is no significant system load, to minimize the risk of overheating. DESCRIPTION
pwmconfig searches your sensors for pulse width modulation (PWM) controls, and tests each one to see if it controls a fan on your mother- board. Note that many motherboards do not have PWM circuitry installed, even if your sensor chip supports PWM. When a connection is established between a PWM control and a fan, pwmconfig can generate a detailed correlation, to show how a given fan is responding to various PWM duty cycles. Lastly, pwmconfig will enter in fancontrol configuration mode (unless you decide to skip that part.) In this mode, you are invited to enter several parameters which will determine how the fancontrol daemon regulates the speed of one or more fans in your system based on tempera- ture measurements. In particular, you will have the opportunity to establish mappings between fans and temperature inputs, define the tem- perature range over which the speed of the fan should be adjusted dynamically, the minimum speed at which the fan should spin, etc. See fancontrol(8) for additional information. BUGS
The term "PWM" is used because most fan control systems in computers are based on pulse width modulation. Some motherboards however use DC variation instead. So, the term "PWM" should be seen as a generic term for "fan speed control", regardless of the actual method used. SEE ALSO
fancontrol(8), sensors(1). AUTHORS
Marius Reiner <marius.reiner@hdev.de>, Jean Delvare <khali@linux-fr.org> lm-sensors 3 September 28, 2008 PWMCONFIG(8)