Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking how to install ssh service in linux Post 302346111 by hwk07 on Friday 21st of August 2009 04:32:34 AM
Old 08-21-2009
ubuntu

ubuntu

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh install

hi , i am trying to install ssh on solaris8 i have downloaded openssh. if anyone have installed openssh before , i like to know if there are anything else needed to install it. Some web sites says you need zlib and so on. i am confused. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oppai
1 Replies

2. Solaris

could not able to start the ssh service plz suggest

Hi Gurus I could not able to start the ssh service plz suggest root@bics-uatsrvr-01 # svcs -x ssh svc:/network/ssh:default (SSH server) State: offline since Thu May 28 04:12:02 2009 Reason: Service svc:/system/filesystem/usr:default is not running because a method failed. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

3. Web Development

hosting service that allow me to compile and install my own apache

Is there any cheap hosting service that allow me to compile and install my own apache and php ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with the SSH & Telnet Service

Hi gurus of Unix, I am newby in Unix, I need to Know the following. How I know if SSH & Telnet service is UP in Solaris? Please I appreciate your answer Regard Andres (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
2 Replies

5. Solaris

ssh service location on Solaris 8

Hi where can i find the ssh service on solaris 8 if "sshd" it is not available on /etc/init.d? i want to restart the service. i did a "which" and i found this. is this the right path? i want to double check since this is a prod server. bash-2.03# which sshd /usr/sbin/sshd Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrist
4 Replies

6. Programming

doing a socket connection using ssh service

Trying to establish a socket connection using ssh service - but want to use different login name for ssh than what currently logged in as - if under shell know to use ssh -l <login-name> host - however - not sure how to tell o.s. to use different login name when use connect command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clcoh11
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Helpme !! ssh service in maintenance mode

Hi Guys, Virtual Machine - Solaris 10 ssh service is in maintenance mode, when i tried to disable it it got disabled but when i enabling it ( svcadm enable ssh) it is coming in maintenance mode...... Pls help (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Allow AD service account SSH to Linux systems without 2FA

I have Windows AD server and all of the linux computers are joined to AD. Recently, 2FA has been activated, I wish to exclude some of the domain service accounts from 2FA # less /etc/pam_radius_acl.conf sshd:* # /etc/pam.d/sshd auth required pam_sepermit.so auth requisite... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidpar007
0 Replies
ubuntu-dev-tools(5)						File Formats Manual					       ubuntu-dev-tools(5)

NAME
ubuntu-dev-tools - Configuration for the ubuntu-dev-tools package. DESCRIPTION
The ubuntu-dev-tools package is similar in scope to the devscripts(1) package, providing a collection of scripts which may be of use to Ubuntu and Debian developers or others wishing to build Debian packages. Some of these scripts have options which may be configured on a system-wide and per-user basis. These options are configured in devscripts.conf(5). All variables are described in the script's manpages. Package-wide variables begin with "UBUNTUTOOLS" and are listed below. Every script which reads the configuration files can be forced to ignore them by using the --no-conf command-line option. ENVIRONMENT
All ubuntu-dev-tools configuration variables can be set (and overridden) by setting them in the environment (unlike devscripts). In addition, several scripts use the following environment variables: UBUMAIL Overrides DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME when the target is clearly Ubuntu. Can either contain an e-mail address or Full Name <email@example.org>. DEBEMAIL, DEBFULLNAME As in devscripts(1). PACKAGE-WIDE VARIABLES The currently recognised package-wide variables are: UBUNTUTOOLS_BUILDER This specifies the preferred test-builder, one of pbuilder (default), sbuild, pbuilder-dist. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBIAN_MIRROR The preferred Debian archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ftp.debian.org/debian (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBSEC_MIRROR The preferred Debian security archive mirror. Should be of the form http://security.debian.org (no trailing slash). If not speci- fied, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_PORTS_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ports.ubuntu.com (no trailing slash). If not specified, the mas- ter will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The launchpad instance to communicate with. e.g. production (default) or staging. UBUNTUTOOLS_MIRROR_FALLBACK Whether or not to fall-back to the master archive mirror. This is usually the desired behaviour, as mirrors can lag the masters. If on a private network with only a local mirror, you may want to set this to no. One of yes (default) or no. UBUNTUTOOLS_UPDATE_BUILDER Whether or not to update the test-builder before each test build. One of yes or no (default). UBUNTUTOOLS_WORKDIR The directory to use for preparing source packages etc. When unset, defaults to a directory in /tmp/ named after the script. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1), devscripts.conf(5) AUTHORS
This manpage was written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. ubuntu-dev-tools December 19 2010 ubuntu-dev-tools(5)