Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: generate a report
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting generate a report Post 302345970 by sailaja_80 on Thursday 20th of August 2009 06:10:10 PM
Old 08-20-2009
Thanks durden for your reply.
I am doing like below.

db2 -tvf "${var[Perforce_Script_Name]}" > $outdir
Is generating a file outdir liek this

DROP TABLE GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS
DB20000I The SQL command completed successfully.
CREATE TABLE GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS ( CONTACT_ID VARCHAR(30) )

grep "successfully" $outdir >> $suc_Logfile
echo "${var[Object_Name]}" >> $suc_Logfile

generating file like this

RMS_RPT_PERIOD_DIM

Now i need report.. like but i dotn know if we can do like this.

RMS_RPT_PERIOD_DIM Successful
abc successfull
as i was not able to do that.. i am tryign to send the lines where successfully word is not there to a different file

so i am trying like this...
grep -L "successfully" $suc_Logfile >> $Final_Suc
I tried to use awk command as well but was not successful

Thanks much for ur help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help generate report from log files

Hi Expert, I have some confusing to generate report from the log file as shown below: filename :test1.log start_time date end_time number code P 000029.621 20070823 000029 12134567890 111111111111 00 0 000 003... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate report in HTML file from Oracle DB

Hi Team, I need a suggestion/comments for my below requirement. I have a procedure which performs some DDL operations & loads data into a Oracle table. This status contains Audit data. What i wanted to do is, once the procedure is completed (daily), shell script should retrive the data from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
4 Replies

3. AIX

Re-Generate error report

Hi Is there a way to re-generate AIX error report after clearing it? I mean if I did errclear 0, Does the error log get erased? Is there a command that will get entries back in errpt? I hope that made sense. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dardeer
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate a report

I am trying to generate a report for a file called phone_book awk -f {phone_book} why does this not work? Nothing happens at all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gustave
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate report based on data in files.

Hi All, I need to develop a shell script which does sanity check of a data file, as below. 1. For DATE columns, it should check if date is given in proper format or not? For example, if format of date is expected as DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS and we received the date in formation like DDMMYYYY HH24,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script that generate a report from a combined sudoers

Hello Gurus Is anyone aware of a script/utility that can be used to generate a report from a combined "sudoers" file for more than 100 servers in one go please? Basic query: Which particular user or an user group can execute root equivalent commands or has the ability for e.g. to do a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapil514
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate a Summary report

Hi All, Script to meet my requirement might be simpler for UINIX experts.. :) I need to generate an summary report in .txt file using shell script I have Reject directory in Unix server which contains all reject files for three diff categories- Presentation, Chapter and Scene Following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sakthikalluri
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to generate report for each user ?

I have 3 user in my linux machine let's say a,b,c .By Using last command I am able to identify list of last logged in user and by w command who is logged in and what they are doing and by history command all command used by particular user all will be shown. Now I want to write shell script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beingswarupmall
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate .csv/ xls file report

There can be thousand of .ksh in a specific directory where sql files are called from ksh. Requirement is to loop through all the files content and generate a report like below: Jobname Type type sqlname gemd1970 sql daily tran01 gemw1971 sql weekly ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk use to generate report

Hi , In a directory list of ddl files are stored in the given format above. Above is the sample ddl file. The ddl file name is same as that of table name ie email_notifications.ddl I want to generate below report using awk utility reading all the ddl files stored in /ddl path Desired output:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vedanta
1 Replies
DROP 
ROLE(7) SQL Commands DROP ROLE(7) NAME
DROP ROLE - remove a database role SYNOPSIS
DROP ROLE [ IF EXISTS ] name [, ...] DESCRIPTION
DROP ROLE removes the specified role(s). To drop a superuser role, you must be a superuser yourself; to drop non-superuser roles, you must have CREATEROLE privilege. A role cannot be removed if it is still referenced in any database of the cluster; an error will be raised if so. Before dropping the role, you must drop all the objects it owns (or reassign their ownership) and revoke any privileges the role has been granted. The REASSIGN OWNED [reassign_owned(7)] and DROP OWNED [drop_owned(7)] commands can be useful for this purpose. However, it is not necessary to remove role memberships involving the role; DROP ROLE automatically revokes any memberships of the target role in other roles, and of other roles in the target role. The other roles are not dropped nor otherwise affected. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the role does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name of the role to remove. NOTES
PostgreSQL includes a program dropuser [dropuser(1)] that has the same functionality as this command (in fact, it calls this command) but can be run from the command shell. EXAMPLES
To drop a role: DROP ROLE jonathan; COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard defines DROP ROLE, but it allows only one role to be dropped at a time, and it specifies different privilege requirements than PostgreSQL uses. SEE ALSO
CREATE ROLE [create_role(7)], ALTER ROLE [alter_role(7)], SET ROLE [set_role(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP ROLE(7)