Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX how to unzip wget-latest.tar.gz Post 302345596 by rainbow_bean on Wednesday 19th of August 2009 04:13:56 PM
Old 08-19-2009
how to unzip wget-latest.tar.gz

I download wget-latest.tar.gz from Index of /gnu/wget, however, it saved in my windows as wget-latest.tar.tar

After I ftp it to aix server,
#file wget-latest.tar.tar
wget-latest.tar.tar: data or International Language text

how to uzip it?

---------- Post updated at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:12 PM ----------

gzip -c wget-latest.tar.tar |tar xvf -
tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; 0 not equal to 72165.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to unzip and extract tar file in single command

In order to save diskspace and avoid of disk full during unzip then extract the tar file is there any tar unzip command would unzip and extract tar at the same time (test123.tar.gz) thank in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkrainbow
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help find wget, less, unzip source code

Where can I find the source code to basic unix core utilities like less, wget, and unzip? I'm on a HP-UX system that is missing a lot of basic tools. I Don't have admin access to the box. Google searches won't give me the source code. I would like to install some of the missing tools, like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
4 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

file zip,rar,tar,compress,uncompress,unzip,unrar

i want know how to compress and uncompress file using unix, compress uncompress,zip,unzip,rar,unrar,how its work and more about this.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ismael xavier
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to untar latest tar file

I am trying to put together a script that will check for the latest file in a directory then extract it. The extraction and the scheduling I can do, but am not sure how to get it to check for the latest file. These files are uploaded every evening by an external party and the previous days files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stheologo
3 Replies

5. Linux

Unzip selected files in .tar.gz file

Hi All, By accident, i deleted some files. Fortunately I have a backup backup.tar.gz files (750GB). It's too big for me to untar to get the file Is it possible that i could get the selected files in backup.tar.gz if i know exactly where the files are located. Thanks. Ken (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trongkhuongsg
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract .zip file without using unzip,tar

Hi, Need to extract a file containing multiple .txt files without using tar/unzip as they are not available (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santoshdrkr
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wget doesn't download eclipse tar.gz

I try to download eclipse IDE from : https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/luna/SR1a/eclipse-cpp-luna-SR1a-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz&mirror_id=1136 but when i run the wget command i get : wget... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget and tar

Is it possible to pipe a tar -xzf with a wget ? Thank you :). wget http://www.openbioinformatics.org/annovar/download/0wgxR2rIVP/annovar.latest.tar.gz | tar -xzf annovar.latest.tar.gz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to supress output from tar and unzip commands?

I have the below two commands in my script. tar -xf hello.tar unzip -o tempp.zip When i run the script i see the below on my standard out. How can i suppress output coming from both the tar and unzip on my standard output. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Tar and unzip on single command

Hi All, First of all I don't know whether this is possible. or no. Thought of getting experts thought. I am having a tar file which contains zipped file in it . I tried individual command with extraction and it worked tar -tvf TRANS_279.tar -rw-rw-r-- qqa00 1394 2016-10-03 10:39:19... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
8 Replies
BF_TAR(1)						    Bogofilter Reference Manual 						 BF_TAR(1)

NAME
bf_tar - shell script to write a tar file of a bogofilter directory to stdout SYNOPSIS
bf_tar [-r] [-R] bogofilter_directory DESCRIPTION
bf_tar bundles a bogofilter working directory in tar format and copies it to standard output (your console, or where you redirect it, see EXAMPLES below). OPTIONS
The -r option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files after the archive has been written successfully. The default is to leave log files. The -R option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files before the archive is written. This may reduce chances that the resulting archive is recoverable should it become damaged. The archive may be smaller though. The default is to leave log files. EXIT STATUS
The script exits with status code 0 if everything went well, and nonzero if it encountered trouble. EXAMPLES
o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter > outfile.tar Writes a standard .tar file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar. o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter | gzip -9 -c > outfile.tar.gz Writes a gzipped .tar.gz file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar.gz. o bf_tar `pwd`/mydirectory > outfile.tar Prepend $(pwd)/ or `pwd`/ if you want to specify an absolute path instead of a relative path. NOTES
This script is meant for use with Berkeley DB based bogofilter versions. This script requires a SUSv2 compliant pax utility. This script expects a SUSv2 compliant shell. Solaris systems should have the SUNWxcu4 package installed (when bogofilter is configured) so that /usr/xpg4/bin/sh can be used. AUTHORS
Matthias Andree Bogofilter 10/22/2012 BF_TAR(1)