Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ssh login and auth errors
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ssh login and auth errors Post 302344538 by daytripper on Monday 17th of August 2009 02:59:56 AM
Old 08-17-2009
Now I'm not sure what's going on. I just now read your post, System, and tried to login after clearing my known hosts and everything else in /.ssh, and the server won't accept my password. I don't understand this at all, because I can still login through ftp without any problems. But for some reason logging in through ssh doesn't accept my password. Does this mean their server is having a problem?

Also when I ftp'd to my account I tried to mkdir .ssh but it said
Code:
550 Make directory operation failed.

Thanks for the help, but I seem to have hit a brick wall.

Last edited by daytripper; 08-17-2009 at 04:03 AM.. Reason: ...my own stupidity...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH Problem auth problem

Hi, Just recently we seem to be getting the following error message relating to SSH when we run the UNIX script in background mode: warning: You have no controlling tty. Cannot read confirmation.^M warning: Authentication failed.^M Disconnected; key exchange or algorithm negotiation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: budrito
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

X-server errors at login? I want to just get rid of this!

The CDE login manger may repeatedly scroll these error messages on the console: **************************************************************** * The X-server cannot be started on display <hostname>:0... * For details look into the file, Dtlogin.errorLogFile (default: *... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: emplate
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH errors

hellow Experts, I want to know that whenever i run ssh command, i get this error > ssh username@x.x.x.x ssh: connect to host x.x.x.x port 22: No route to host or connection refused i want to know the exact reason for these errors .. like because of firewall , no physical conection ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckypower
3 Replies

4. AIX

SSH + LDAP Auth Giving Fits

I'm having a bear of a time getting my LDAP connection going, so I hope someone here has some insight. I have AIX 5.3 running on an LPAR. I have ldap-client, ldap-max-crypto-client, gskak, and gskte installed. I'm able to set up the connection via mksecldap, and I can query users just fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlexDeGruven
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh pub key auth - can some please guide me idiot proof

hello. can somebody please idiot proff simple guide me how to set up ssh public key authenciation? i am stuck, i tried long and googled a lot but i cant get it. thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
4 Replies

6. Solaris

SCP & SSH errors

Hi I am trying to scp a file between to servers (both on same subnet and can see each other). However, whenever I try I get the following error: ld.so.1: ssh: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/bin/ssh: symbol EVP_CIPHER_CTX_key_length: referenced symbol not found lost connection I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skewbie
4 Replies

7. AIX

ssh public key auth "Remote login for account is not allowed" ?

Hello, Using AIX 6.1 boxes. User user1 connects from box A to box B using ssh. When password authentication is used everything is fine. When I configure user1 to use public key authentication sftp client works fine(no password asked), but ssh client fails. This is sshd log: Accepted publickey... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

telnet login successful ,but ssh can not login

why I can login by telnet using root account but when i use login by ssh using root account it is not successful ,is it different password i am sure ssh service is started (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH SSH encountered 1 errors during the transfer

This issue was resolved due to using the correct user transferring the file over to the desktop. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Computergal2104
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh errors

hello all Happy New year I have an issue here whenever I want to ssh into a particular server I get this error message "Disconnected: NO supported authentication methoids available (server sent publickey) I was trying to copy the public key to another server so that I do not need nto... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
7 Replies
netrc(4)							   File Formats 							  netrc(4)

NAME
netrc - file for ftp remote login data DESCRIPTION
The .netrc file contains data for logging in to a remote host over the network for file transfers by ftp(1). This file resides in the user's home directory on the machine initiating the file transfer. Its permissions should be set to disallow read access by group and oth- ers (see chmod(1)). The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by SPACE, TAB, or NEWLINE characters: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the EOF is reached or another machine token is encountered. default Same as machine name, except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. The default token is normally used as follows: default login anonymous password user@site Such an entry gives the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note: if this token is present in the .netrc file, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process supplies the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password. If the remote server does not require an additional account password, the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions the same as ftp macdef. A macro is defined with the specified name; its contents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive NEWLINE characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A Sample .netrc File A .netrc file containing the following line: machine ray login demo password mypassword allows an autologin to the machine ray using the login name demo with password mypassword. FILES
~/.netrc SEE ALSO
chmod(1), ftp(1), in.ftpd(1M) SunOS 5.10 3 Jul 1990 netrc(4)