Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ssh login and auth errors
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ssh login and auth errors Post 302344105 by chompy on Friday 14th of August 2009 03:16:36 PM
Old 08-14-2009
What does your ssh command look like?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH Problem auth problem

Hi, Just recently we seem to be getting the following error message relating to SSH when we run the UNIX script in background mode: warning: You have no controlling tty. Cannot read confirmation.^M warning: Authentication failed.^M Disconnected; key exchange or algorithm negotiation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: budrito
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

X-server errors at login? I want to just get rid of this!

The CDE login manger may repeatedly scroll these error messages on the console: **************************************************************** * The X-server cannot be started on display <hostname>:0... * For details look into the file, Dtlogin.errorLogFile (default: *... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: emplate
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH errors

hellow Experts, I want to know that whenever i run ssh command, i get this error > ssh username@x.x.x.x ssh: connect to host x.x.x.x port 22: No route to host or connection refused i want to know the exact reason for these errors .. like because of firewall , no physical conection ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckypower
3 Replies

4. AIX

SSH + LDAP Auth Giving Fits

I'm having a bear of a time getting my LDAP connection going, so I hope someone here has some insight. I have AIX 5.3 running on an LPAR. I have ldap-client, ldap-max-crypto-client, gskak, and gskte installed. I'm able to set up the connection via mksecldap, and I can query users just fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlexDeGruven
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh pub key auth - can some please guide me idiot proof

hello. can somebody please idiot proff simple guide me how to set up ssh public key authenciation? i am stuck, i tried long and googled a lot but i cant get it. thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
4 Replies

6. Solaris

SCP & SSH errors

Hi I am trying to scp a file between to servers (both on same subnet and can see each other). However, whenever I try I get the following error: ld.so.1: ssh: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/bin/ssh: symbol EVP_CIPHER_CTX_key_length: referenced symbol not found lost connection I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skewbie
4 Replies

7. AIX

ssh public key auth "Remote login for account is not allowed" ?

Hello, Using AIX 6.1 boxes. User user1 connects from box A to box B using ssh. When password authentication is used everything is fine. When I configure user1 to use public key authentication sftp client works fine(no password asked), but ssh client fails. This is sshd log: Accepted publickey... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

telnet login successful ,but ssh can not login

why I can login by telnet using root account but when i use login by ssh using root account it is not successful ,is it different password i am sure ssh service is started (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH SSH encountered 1 errors during the transfer

This issue was resolved due to using the correct user transferring the file over to the desktop. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Computergal2104
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh errors

hello all Happy New year I have an issue here whenever I want to ssh into a particular server I get this error message "Disconnected: NO supported authentication methoids available (server sent publickey) I was trying to copy the public key to another server so that I do not need nto... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
7 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)