Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Log file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log file Post 302343845 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 13th of August 2009 08:17:33 PM
Old 08-13-2009
No. Windows is windows. Are you running cygwin? Is that why you are looking at files thru Windows?

Cygwin has a windows-like screen you can use - it is called xwindows, on linux it could be called gnome, for example.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

alert_oss.log oracle log file in hp-unix

Hi I have go this alert_oss.log that is basically capturing all the oracle errorlogs.Now the problem is that it is one huge file and to see log of some particular date i tried cat alert_oss.log | grep 'Mar 25 10:44:45 2007' > alert_25.txt is not giving me the required output. pls suggest ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Assassin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename log file according to log file age

Hi Experts, i am new in shell programming. i am having some problem of checking the log file age and rename it. for example: when i run the shell script, the script will check how old is the log file, if the log is already 10 days old(variable). then the log file will rename. hope to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ewawong
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename a log file to old, then create a new log file.

Hi all, I have about 15 directories all with exactly the same structure. I have a file in each of them called log.txt. This file sits in /home/ftp/*usernamehere*/ftptransfer/log/ Username here is the only change in each of the 15 directories. I want to create a SIMPLE shell script that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log file entries based on the Date/Timestamp within log file

If a log file is in the following format 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 29-Jul-10 ::: Log message 30-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 :::... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl's buffered I/O is causing me to miss latest log file entries in log colorizer. How to fix?

I've been finding myself using a log file colorizer written in perl to reformat and colorize the output from many different programs. Mainly, however, I use it to make the output from "tail -f" commands more readable. The base perl script I use is based on "colorlogs.pl" available from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcsteiner
1 Replies

7. BSD

Kerberos log file does not log when ticket is destroyed

Hi, in the log file there is line when the ticket is issued but when an user destroys the ticket there is no record. Does someone have an idea? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaspar
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Script to monitor /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log file

AM in need of some plugin/script that can monitor HP-UX file "/var/opt/resmon/log/event.log" . Have written a scrip in sh shell that is working fine for syslog.log and mail.log as having standard format, have interrogated that to Nagios and is working as I required . But same script failed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check log file size every 10 minute. Alert if log not update

How to check log size every 10min. by script (can use crontab) if log size not change with alert "Log not update" Base run on SunOS 5.8 Generic_Virtual sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise logFiles="log1.log log2.log" logLocation="/usr/home/test/log/" Out put. Tue Jan 31... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
3 Replies

10. Web Development

How to log http 404 error to a separate log file?

Apache Web Server: how to log http 404 error to a separate log file and i do not want to log in access.log please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies
NTFSPROGS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      NTFSPROGS(8)

NAME
libntfs-gnomevfs - Module for GNOME VFS that allows access to NTFS filesystems. OVERVIEW
The GNOME virtual filesystem (VFS) provides universal access to different filesystems. The libntfs-gnomevfs module enables GNOME VFS aware clients to seamlessly utilize the NTFS library libntfs. So you can access an NTFS filesystem without needing to use the NTFS utilities themselves (at least in theory anyway). In practice this is probably more useful for programs and programmers to make using libntfs easier, more generic, and to allow easier debugging of libntfs. Examples Prerequisites To be able to follow these examples you will need to have installed the test utilities from the gnome-vfs-2.4.x package. The easiest way to do this is to download and compile the gnome-vfs-2 package, e.g. download from: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/desktop/2.4/2.4.0/sources/gnome-vfs-2.4.0.tar.gz Then run ./configure followed by make and make install (as root). This will install it into /usr/local so it should not conflict with your existing installation from rpm or deb packages which will be in /usr. Note you may also need to add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and then run ldconfig (as root) to let your system see the installed gnome- vfs-2.4.x libraries. Then run ./configure followed by make and make install (as root) in the main ntfsprogs directory to build and install the libntfs-gnomevfs module and libntfs library which is used by the module. Copying a file from an NTFS partition To copy the file autoexec.bat from the main directory of an NTFS partition (/dev/hda1) to the /tmp directory on your system you could run: /path/to/gnome-vfs-2.4.x/test/test-xfer file:///dev/hda1#libntfs:/autoexec.bat /tmp/autoexec.bat To copy a file from a directory inside the NTFS partition you would just specify the full path. So for example to copy the file win.ini from the Windows directory you would run: /path/to/gnome-vfs-2.4.x/test/test-xfer file:///dev/hda1#libntfs:/Windows/win.ini /tmp/win.ini Shell access to an NTFS partition For debugging it is most useful to be able to do various things to the NTFS partition while it is being operated upon by libntfs. This is achieved using the test-shell utility (from the gnome-vfs-2.4.x package) by running: /path/to/gnome-vfs-2.4.x/test/test-shell This drops you into the GNOME VFS shell from where you can now cd into the NTFS partition (/dev/hda1) by typing: cd file:///dev/hda1#lib- ntfs:/ You are now in the root directory of the NTFS partition. The first thing you will probably want to do is to type "ls" to display the directory contents. You could then change directories using the "cd" command, e.g. to enter the Windows directory you would type: cd Windows You can then open files, seek inside files, read from files (write is not enabled at present), etc thus exercising large portions of the NTFS library. Use the "help" command while in the shell to see the available commands. BUGS
No bugs are known but there are several limitations at the moment: You cannot get information about files other than what the "ls" command in the test-shell can give you, i.e. the "info" command in the test-shell does not work. Further access to the partition is read-only and hence you cannot write to files. This will be changed in the future once the module has had more wide testing. There may be other limitations and possibly bugs. Please report any problems to the NTFS mailing list: linux-ntfs-dev@lists.source- forge.net AUTHORS
The libntfs-gnomevfs module was written by Jan Kratochvil. This man page was written by Anton Altaparmakov. AVAILABILITY
The ntfsprogs package which contains the libntfs-gnomevfs module can be downloaded from http://www.linux-ntfs.org/content/view/19/37/ These manual pages can be viewed online at http://man.linux-ntfs.org/ntfsprogs.8.html SEE ALSO
ntfsprogs(8) Linux-NTFS version 2.0.0 November 2003 NTFSPROGS(8)