Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Log file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log file Post 302343833 by fido.genial on Thursday 13th of August 2009 07:01:05 PM
Old 08-13-2009
Log file

Hi All,

I am new to Linux OS. I am trying to run a batch programs, so i using Shell script to run the batch files. And the binaries which i am running dumps log data to command prompt.I am trying to store this in log file ">log.txt". I have posted below my shell script code

#!/bin/sh

PATH=/bin:/prj/bin
/prj/bin/RunLibTestStatic -pf tiff.cfg -lqp 0 30 -lqp 1 32 >> out_qp30.txt
echo "Done."

This will create a file " OUT_QP~1.txt " instead of "out_qp30.txt"

please let me know how to correct this problem.

Thanks
fido

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

alert_oss.log oracle log file in hp-unix

Hi I have go this alert_oss.log that is basically capturing all the oracle errorlogs.Now the problem is that it is one huge file and to see log of some particular date i tried cat alert_oss.log | grep 'Mar 25 10:44:45 2007' > alert_25.txt is not giving me the required output. pls suggest ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Assassin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename log file according to log file age

Hi Experts, i am new in shell programming. i am having some problem of checking the log file age and rename it. for example: when i run the shell script, the script will check how old is the log file, if the log is already 10 days old(variable). then the log file will rename. hope to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ewawong
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename a log file to old, then create a new log file.

Hi all, I have about 15 directories all with exactly the same structure. I have a file in each of them called log.txt. This file sits in /home/ftp/*usernamehere*/ftptransfer/log/ Username here is the only change in each of the 15 directories. I want to create a SIMPLE shell script that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete log file entries based on the Date/Timestamp within log file

If a log file is in the following format 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 28-Jul-10 ::: Log message 29-Jul-10 ::: Log message 30-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 31-Jul-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 1-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 ::: Log message 2-Aug-10 :::... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl's buffered I/O is causing me to miss latest log file entries in log colorizer. How to fix?

I've been finding myself using a log file colorizer written in perl to reformat and colorize the output from many different programs. Mainly, however, I use it to make the output from "tail -f" commands more readable. The base perl script I use is based on "colorlogs.pl" available from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcsteiner
1 Replies

7. BSD

Kerberos log file does not log when ticket is destroyed

Hi, in the log file there is line when the ticket is issued but when an user destroys the ticket there is no record. Does someone have an idea? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaspar
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Script to monitor /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log file

AM in need of some plugin/script that can monitor HP-UX file "/var/opt/resmon/log/event.log" . Have written a scrip in sh shell that is working fine for syslog.log and mail.log as having standard format, have interrogated that to Nagios and is working as I required . But same script failed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check log file size every 10 minute. Alert if log not update

How to check log size every 10min. by script (can use crontab) if log size not change with alert "Log not update" Base run on SunOS 5.8 Generic_Virtual sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise logFiles="log1.log log2.log" logLocation="/usr/home/test/log/" Out put. Tue Jan 31... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
3 Replies

10. Web Development

How to log http 404 error to a separate log file?

Apache Web Server: how to log http 404 error to a separate log file and i do not want to log in access.log please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)