Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: topas -P output to file
Operating Systems AIX topas -P output to file Post 302343809 by zxmaus on Thursday 13th of August 2009 04:30:34 PM
Old 08-13-2009
Hi,

try rather topasrec or smitty performance / smitty topas ...

To start a report that runs for 5 minutes and collects metrics every 1 minute, enter the following command:

Code:
topasrec -L -c 5 -s 60

... the file will be in the directory you were in when starting the record and in the format servername_timestamp.topas ... data will be binary and you can run it through nmon analyzer or generate a report via smitty topas panel.

Code:
topas -R

collects data as well and the data is stored automatically in /etc/perf/** but as far as I know there is no possibility to define any values like count or intervals - all you get is the default - and you would need to run it as well through either topasout or nmon analyzer or the smitty panel to really have useful data ...

There was a webinar last year from the AIX virtual usergroup about topas recording - have a look into '2008-9-25_Topas_Recording.wmv' that can be found here:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/systems/p...l-VUG-Replays/

I hope this helps,
kind regards
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Topas

Hi ! I would like to collect every minute the data of the "topas" to file. Under Redhat 9, it's possible to user comand "top" in batch mode ! How is it possible under unix with TOPAS ? Because there is not the parameter " -b"... example ----> topas > filename.out but, it doesn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cgatrader
1 Replies

2. AIX

nmon vs topas

good morning what is the better solution to examen a P570 ? because i use topas and nmon, and the results are totally different !!! with nmon, i have 80% free cpu, and with nmon, i have 90% of used cpu !!!!!! i take a shot with an intervall of 10s during 10 mn. thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

3. AIX

using TOPAS

Hi, I'm using topas to monitor CPU and Disk activity including paging space. Previously, I can see the percentage activity of the disk under column "BUSY%", now I can no longer view it (it's all zero), unless I will run IOSTAT 2 simultaneously. What would be the cause of this? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasion
2 Replies

4. AIX

topas -P save output

hi i have server monitor script which totally depends upon the output of TOP which works fine on HP. now i am told to put same script on aix i found that topas -P produces same output but it doesnt redirect output to file i have to kill/terminate it. is there any other way to this. as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
0 Replies

5. AIX

How to redirect output of topas?

Hi , How do i redirect output of topas to a file. i did not find any such option in topas command. Regards, Ashok (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect Topas output to a file

Hi, I want to know how to redirect the output of topas -P to a file in a readable format. I tried doing it by using topas -P > topas.txt but the output is not properly aligned and when I opened it using vi it ahd some characters. Please help me out in this. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Preetha
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with topas command

How do i display only one iteration of topas command. Ideally i would topas -P to show only one instance rather than keep on running. is there any swicth? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

9. AIX

Record topas command output

How to record output of below command in a text file. topas -P or is there any other command which will do the same thing in AIX. I would like to get a report something similar to below commands. top -b prstat -c (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
5 Replies

10. AIX

Need help on topas command

Hi, how to grep data from topas command...for example i have to grep owner from topas command Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
2 Replies
wdel(1) 						    Internet Applications - FTP 						   wdel(1)

NAME
wdel - A wget-like program for deleting files on ftp servers SYNOPSIS
wdel [option]... [URL [file]...]... DESCRIPTION
Wdel is a free utility that is able to delete files on an ftp server. Wdel is non-interactive and background-capable. It can delete files or whole directories and is meant to be a robust client even for unsta- ble connections and will therefore retry to delete a file, if the connection broke. Wdel supports connections through proxies, allowing you to use it in an environment that can access the internet only via a proxy or to provide anonymity by hiding your ip-address to the server. For SOCKSv5-proxies Wdel supports also listening mode, allowing you to use port-mode ftp through a proxy (useful if the remote ftp is behind a firewall or a gateway). URL-Input-Handling URLs are recognized by the ftp://-prefix. Wdel first reads the URLs from the command line, and associates every file with the last URL until a new URL is found (note that this is different from wput). Then, it reads the --input-file (if any) and parses the URLs in the same way. So you can specify e.g. one URL and read all filenames from a file. If there are no explicit filenames given for a singe URL, then the last part of the URL is taken to be the file/directory to be deleted. If there are filenames, then the last part of the URL is considered to be the directory where these files reside in. Slashes at the end of the URL or the filename (in case it is a directory to be deleted) are ignored. OPTIONS
There are no special options introduced by Wdel. All of Wput's options may be supplied, although some will not be of any effect because they do not apply for the process of deleting files. Please see wput(1) for a description of the options. SEE ALSO
Many options can be set in a wputrc file. For its documentation consult the sample file provided by Wput. wput(1) describes all setable options. Not all apply for wdel too though. AUTHOR
Wdel is written by Hagen Fritsch <fritsch+wdel-man@in.tum.de> and Jan Larres <jan@majutsushi.net> Hagen Fritsch, Jan Larres 0.6.2 wdel(1)