Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Error: Can't open display: :0.0 Post 302342255 by girish1428 on Saturday 8th of August 2009 06:54:26 AM
Old 08-08-2009
Many thanks Scott.
It worked :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to open display from windows to solaris?

How can I telnet from my windows XP machine to my Ultra 60 and run firefox? I am unable to open the display using /usr/openwin/bin/xhost like I do from one Sun machine to another? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ridgeback00
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xhost: unable to open display????

I am a dba, not an sa, that recently had to take over administering an HP-UX server. Needless to say I am not in a comfortable area, but found out that of all people I am the most knowledgeable on unix here .... scary thought I know. I am having troubles exporting my display to a Windows XP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soestx
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xhost unable to open display

I am trying to install ORACLE 10g database on HP-UNIX 11.11 I am running OUI runinstaller from exceed terminal from windows PC. I have set DISPLAY=IPAddress of PC:0.0 When installer starts it is giving me error of display (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymg
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Gtk-WARNING cannot open display" from ssh

I am trying to do something on another computer through ssh and I keep getting this:"(gedit:6169): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:"I have googled the interweb and this forum and found many posts but nothing seems to work. I have freshly installed Ubuntu 8.10 with updates on the machine and I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrabbit6
4 Replies

5. Solaris

X11 and "Cannot Open Display" errors

Greetings Forumers! I'm posting a solution to an Issue I ran into this week: Getting applications to display on another through X11 and SSH. I have run into this issue many years ago and finally found my notes. Some of you may already know the answer to this issue but it took me a while to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't Open Display localhost:0.0

I'm trying to connect to my linux server but I'm having some major problems. The server had OEL 5 installed and my local pc is running Windows XP. I'm using PuTTy to connect to the server with Xming running on my loacl machine. I login as root and run the following command - export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethnsolomons
5 Replies

7. Solaris

SMC Display error

Dear all, I try to run smc but i have the below message : It appears you are attempting to run the graphical Solaris Management Console from a terminal which does not have a suitable 'DISPLAY' environment. Please check your 'DISPLAY' settings and that the user identity of this terminal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhrabah
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xWindows error: xhost unable to open display

I am trying to direct a AIX display to my XWindows and I am at a dead end now! So this what I've done so far: 1. In putty settings, I set "Enable X11 forwarding" and also set "X diplay location" to "localhost:0" (without quotes, of course) 2. Via putty, connected to my AIX server 3. On... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
1 Replies

9. Linux

(PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Hai (PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: how to solve this in linux Double post.. continue here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayd
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

(PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Error message: (PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: How to solve this issue in linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayd
1 Replies
SONATA(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SONATA(1)

NAME
sonata - GTK+ client for the Music Player Daemon SYNOPSIS
sonata [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
Sonata is an elegant GTK+ music client for the Music Player Daemon (MPD). OPTIONS
-h, --help Show this help and exit -p, --popup Popup song notification (requires D-Bus) -t, --toggle Toggles whether the app is minimized to tray or visible (requires D-Bus) -v, --version Show version information and exit --hidden Start app hidden (requires systray) --visible Start app visible (requires systray) --profile=[NUM] Start with profile [NUM] play Play song in playlist pause Pause currently playing song stop Stop currently playing song next Play next song in playlist prev Play previous song in playlist pp Toggle play/pause; plays if stopped repeat Toggle repeat mode random Toggle random mode info Display current song info status Display MPD status SEE ALSO
Website: http://sonata.berlios.de MPD Website: http://www.musicpd.org AUTHOR
Sonata was written by Scott Horowitz <stonecrest@gmail.com>. This manual page is currently maintained by Scott Horowitz <stonecrest@gmail.com>. It was originally written by Michal Cihar <michal@cihar.com>. October 20, 2006 SONATA(1)