Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mutt usage
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mutt usage Post 302342023 by Panos1962 on Friday 7th of August 2009 08:05:17 AM
Old 08-07-2009
mutt usage

I want to use mutt in order to send some files as attached files using the mutt pogram.

I've tried:

Code:
mutt -s "Some Subject" -a file1 -a file2 panos1962@gmail.com <message

to send the contents of "message" file as the main mail message, and the files "file1" and "file2" as attached files.

That comman is working well in CentOS, but in a new Ubuntu doesn't send any message to the specified address.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Panos1962; 08-07-2009 at 09:17 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

mutt -a question

Hi... Does sun solaris 5.10 mailx support mutt -a option?? I need to attach file1.txt using this option. In RedHat 5 seem ok but in sun solaris i dont know yet... Does anybody know?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mutt

i use mutt to send customers mail with attachments, works fine, but the problem i have is when customer receives automated message it is from root@blah.com i need it to say from customerservice@blah.com so if they reply it goes to customer service and not root. does anyone know where or what in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: customprogress
5 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Whats more with MUTT?

I have installed Mutt and successfully configured Gmail with it. I want to know can I change the sent form id to some what different ID like ab@abc.org instead of usual gmail ID. Apart form that why it is so powerful tool? What makes it very very powerful tool? I am thinking of using it for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

What is more with mutt?

HI I successfull configured MUTT with gmail on my Ubuntu 10.10. Can I do it for other mail clients like yahoo and live etc. Do I need to make another .muttrc file if yes how please help , I want to play more with mutt. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Attachments in MUTT.

Can any body figure out how to attach the attachments mails while drafting them in MUTT form any location on my system. I am not able to figure it out. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies
NMUDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							NMUDIFF(1)

NAME
nmudiff - email an NMU diff to the Debian BTS SYNOPSIS
nmudiff [options] DESCRIPTION
nmudiff should be run in the source tree of the package being NMUed, after the NMU is built. It assumes that the source packages (specifi- cally, the .dsc and any corresponding tar and diff files) for both the previous version of the package and the newly built NMU version are in the parent directory. It then uses debdiff to generate a diff between the previous version and the current NMU, and either runs mutt or an editor (using sensible-editor) so that the mail message (including the diff) can be examined and modified; once you exit the editor the diff will be mailed to the Debian BTS. The default behaviour is that if exactly one bug is closed by this NMU, then that bug will be mailed, otherwise a new bug will be submit- ted. This behaviour may be changed by command line options and configuration file options. OPTIONS
--new Instead of mailing the bug reports which are to be closed by this NMU, a new bug report is submitted directly to the BTS. --old Send the bug report to all of the bugs which are being closed by this NMU, rather than opening a new bug report. This option has no effect if no bugs are being closed by this NMU. --mutt Use mutt(1) for editing and sending the message to the BTS (default behaviour). This can be controlled using a configuration file option (see below). --no-mutt Use sensible-editor(1) to edit the message and then mail it directly using /usr/bin/sendmail. This can be controlled using a con- figuration file option (see below). --sendmail SENDMAILCMD Specify the sendmail command. The command will be split on white space and will be interpreted by the shell. Default is /usr/sbin/sendmail. The -t option will be automatically added if the command is /usr/sbin/sendmail or /usr/sbin/exim*. For other mailers, if they require a -t option, this must be included in the SENDMAILCMD, for example: --sendmail="/usr/sbin/mymailer -t". This can also be set using the devscripts configuration files; see below. --from EMAIL If using the sendmail (--no-mutt) option, then the email to the BTS will be sent using the name and address in the environment vari- ables DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME. If these are not set, then the variables EMAIL and NAME will be used instead. These can be over- ridden using the --from option. The program will not work in this case if an email address cannot be determined. --delay DELAY Indicate in the generated mail that the NMU has been uploaded to the DELAYED queue, with a delay of DELAY days. The default value is XX which adds a placeholder to the e-mail. A value of 0 indicates that the upload has not been delayed. This can also be set using the devscripts configuration files; see below. --no-delay, --nodelay Equivalent to --delay 0. --no-conf, --noconf Do not read any configuration files. This can only be used as the first option given on the command-line. --help Display a help message and exit successfully. --version Display version and copyright information and exit successfully. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The two configuration files /etc/devscripts.conf and ~/.devscripts are sourced in that order to set configuration variables. Command line options can be used to override configuration file settings. Environment variable settings are ignored for this purpose. The currently recognised variables are: NMUDIFF_DELAY If this is set to a number, e-mails generated by nmudiff will by default mention an upload to the DELAYED queue, delayed for the specified number of days. The value 0 indicates that the DELAYED queue has not been used. NMUDIFF_MUTT Can be yes (default) or no, and specifies whether to use mutt to compose and send the message or not, as described above. NMUDIFF_NEWREPORT This option controls whether a new bug report is made, or whether the diff is sent to the bugs closed by this NMU. Can be maybe (default), which sends to the existing bug reports if exactly one bug is being closed; yes, which always creates a new report, or no, which always sends to the reports of the bugs being closed (unless no bugs are being closed, in which case a new report is always made). BTS_SENDMAIL_COMMAND If this is set, specifies a sendmail command to use instead of /usr/sbin/sendmail. Same as the --sendmail command line option. SEE ALSO
debdiff(1), sensible-editor(1) and devscripts.conf(5). AUTHOR
nmudiff was written and is copyright 2006 by Steinar H. Gunderson and modified by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. The software may be freely redistributed under the terms and conditions of the GNU General Public License, version 2. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities NMUDIFF(1)