Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mutt usage
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mutt usage Post 302342023 by Panos1962 on Friday 7th of August 2009 08:05:17 AM
Old 08-07-2009
mutt usage

I want to use mutt in order to send some files as attached files using the mutt pogram.

I've tried:

Code:
mutt -s "Some Subject" -a file1 -a file2 panos1962@gmail.com <message

to send the contents of "message" file as the main mail message, and the files "file1" and "file2" as attached files.

That comman is working well in CentOS, but in a new Ubuntu doesn't send any message to the specified address.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Panos1962; 08-07-2009 at 09:17 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

mutt -a question

Hi... Does sun solaris 5.10 mailx support mutt -a option?? I need to attach file1.txt using this option. In RedHat 5 seem ok but in sun solaris i dont know yet... Does anybody know?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mutt

i use mutt to send customers mail with attachments, works fine, but the problem i have is when customer receives automated message it is from root@blah.com i need it to say from customerservice@blah.com so if they reply it goes to customer service and not root. does anyone know where or what in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: customprogress
5 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Whats more with MUTT?

I have installed Mutt and successfully configured Gmail with it. I want to know can I change the sent form id to some what different ID like ab@abc.org instead of usual gmail ID. Apart form that why it is so powerful tool? What makes it very very powerful tool? I am thinking of using it for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

What is more with mutt?

HI I successfull configured MUTT with gmail on my Ubuntu 10.10. Can I do it for other mail clients like yahoo and live etc. Do I need to make another .muttrc file if yes how please help , I want to play more with mutt. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Attachments in MUTT.

Can any body figure out how to attach the attachments mails while drafting them in MUTT form any location on my system. I am not able to figure it out. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies
flea(1) 							   User Manuals 							   flea(1)

NAME
flea - Report a bug (or rather a flea) in mutt. SYNOPSIS
flea DESCRIPTION
flea is a shell script which helps you to submit a bug report against the mutt(1) mail user agent. If you invoke flea, you'll first be prompted for a short description of the problem you experience. This will be used as the bug report's subject line, so it should be concise, but informative. You are then asked to assign an initial severity level to the problem you observe; flea will give you a description which severity level is appropriate or not. Then, you are asked for the location of a core dump (normally named core) which may have been left over by a crash of your mutt(1). You can just type "no" here, or you can enter the path leading to a core dump. flea will try to use either sdb(1), dbx(1), or gdb(1) to extract some information from this core dump which may be helpful to developers in order to determine the reason for the crash. Finally, you are asked whether or not you want to include personal and system mutt(1) configuration files with the bug report. If at all possible, we urge you to answer these questions with "yes", since a reference configuration makes it incredibly easier to track down a problem. If you are using Debian GNU/Linux, flea will now check whether or not mutt has been installed as a Debian package on your system, and sug- gest to file the bug against the mutt(1) and Debian bug tracking systems. This option was added since the mutt(1) project uses another instantiation of the Debian bug tracking system, so submitting bugs against both systems in one pass is simple. You are then dropped into your favorite editor as determined by the EDITOR and VISUAL environment variables. Please give us details about the problem in the empty space below the line reading "Please type your report below this line". We are most interested in precise information on what symptoms you observe and what steps may be used to reproduce the bug. Chances are that problems which can easily be reproduced will be fixed quickly. So please take some time when filling out this part of the template. The remainder of the template contains various kinds of information gathered from your system, including output of the uname(1) command, output from mutt(1) itself, and your system's mutt(1) configuration files. You may wish to browse through this part of the bug report form in order to avoid leaking confidential information to the public. If you leave the editor, flea will give you the option to review, re-edit, submit, or abandon your bug report. If you decide to submit it, a mail message containing your report will be sent to <submit@bugs.guug.de>. You'll receive a copy of this message. While your bug report is being processed by the bug tracking system, you will receive various e-mail messages from the bug tracking system informing you about what's going on: Once your bug report has been entered into the bug tracking system, it will be assigned a unique serial number about which you are informed via e-mail. If you wish to submit additional information about the bug, you can just send it to the address serial@bugs.guug.de. Later, you will most likely receive questions from the developers about the problem you observed, and you will eventually be informed that your bug report has been closed. This means that the bug has been fixed at least in the cvs(1) repository. If the answers you receive don't satisfy you, don't hesitate to contact the developers directly under mutt-dev@mutt.org. You can also browse your bug report and all additional information and replies connected to it using the bug tracking system's Web inter- face under the following URL: http://bugs.guug.de/ ENVIRONMENT
flea will use the following environment variables: EMAIL Your electronic mail address. Will be used to set the bug report's From header, and to send you a copy of the report. LOGNAME Your login name. If the EMAIL environment variable isn't set, this will be used instead to send you a copy of the report. Setting the sender will be left to sendmail(1) on your system. REPLYTO If set, the bug report will contain a Reply-To header with the e-mail address contained in this environment variable. ORGANIZATION If set, the bug report will contain an Organization header with the contents of this environment variable. PAGER If set, this environment variable will be expected to contain the path to your favorite pager for viewing the bug report. If unset, more(1) will be used. VISUAL If set, this environment variable will be expected to contain the path to your favorite visual editor. EDITOR If set, this environment variable will be expected to contain the path to your favorite editor. This variable is examined if and only if the VISUAL environment variable is unset. If EDITOR is unset, vi(1) will be used to edit the bug report. FILES
core If present, this file may contain a post-mortem memory dump of mutt. It will be inspected using the debugger installed on your sys- tem. SEE ALSO
dbx(1), gdb(1), lynx(1), mutt(1), muttrc(5), sdb(1), sendmail(1), uname(1), vi(1) The mutt bug tracking system: http://bugs.guug.de/ AUTHOR
flea and this manual page were written by Thomas Roessler <roessler@does-not-exist.org>. Unix July 2000 flea(1)