Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris ISO image
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris ISO image Post 302341434 by ronsy84 on Thursday 6th of August 2009 02:30:33 AM
Old 08-06-2009
Thanks andres ,

i will first download and install the oS on VMwareSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

Mounting an ISO image on Solaris

Many software packages can be downloaded in the form of an ISO image. ISO images can also be created from CD and saved as ISO images: $ cat /dev/somecd > somename.iso Rather than burning the image to a CD-ROM to access its contents, it is easy to mount the image directly into the filesystem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kduffin
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need iso image on CD_ROM of 9.01 to 9.07 HPUX How do I get one

There is a HP APPOLLO series 700 workstation where I am working that runs some CAD/CAM software. The department has not upgraded, backup, or done anything with the box. They have been using it this way for years. It doesn't boot up now, seems like probably bad drive. It would be nice to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: camsoft
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount iso image

I would like to mount an iso CD image on my Suse linux (SLES 9), the image has been copied to my suse linux machine. am able to mount the iso image manually by mount -oloop /iso/SLES-9-i386-CD1.iso /free but I would like to put the above entry in /etc/fstab so that when the machine is rebooted,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Writing ISO image to CD

I want to install Ubuntu 7.10 and I have ISO image ubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386.iso . How can I convert to a bootable CD on linux or on windows. Thanks, J. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: superuser84
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Create an ISO image of whole system

Hi All, Please help me with this. My plan is to create an ISO image of my current solaris 8 OS.Because we use a stripped out version of solaris 8 which is different than the standard one in CD. Will dd command will do ? My idea is to create a VMware image from iso file and play it in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
6 Replies

6. AIX

How to mount an ISO image in AIX 5.2

Hi, Could anyone let me know how to mount an ISO image in AIX 5.2 ? --SaiP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saip
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX ISO image file

Hi all, Can anyone get the link to download the iso image of AIX as i am new to AIX need to study and work on the concepts of AIX. Thnx in advance... VINU:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinuvinod
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to modify an iso image file

Hi, I'm trying to create a customized debian installer on a USB key. I found a tutorial on how to create the usb key. After the USB key is prepared, all you have to do is to copy the iso file to the stick. So what I need to do now is to be able to modify the content of the iso file before... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ?

Hello Everyone, Can anyone let me know how to make minimal boot.iso from rhl6 installation dvd iso image. I have a dvd image with me but i want to make just a minimal boot media. Somehow it is not shipped with dvd iso. I know we can download boot.iso from redhat site but is there any anyway we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
5 Replies

10. Solaris

How to Create ISO Image of a CD/DVD in Solaris 10?

Hi Solaris 10 Experts, How can I create an ISO Image of a CD/DVD from the cdrom to a temporary directory, and then use that image to burn it on a blank DVD in the cdrom in Solaris 10 1/13 OS environment? Please provide me with an example. With best regards, SS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssabet
1 Replies
vmmouse_detect(1)					      General Commands Manual						 vmmouse_detect(1)

NAME
vmmouse_detect - VMware mouse device autodetection tool SYNOPSIS
vmmouse_detect OPTIONS
vmmouse_detect has no options DESCRIPTION
vmmouse_detect is a tool for detecting if running in a VMware environment where vmmouse is used. It exits with a 0 return value if the vmmouse client is enabled, and 1 if not. DIAGNOSTICS
vmmouse_detect's exit status is used to communicate information. 0 vmmouse_detect found a mouse and exited normally. 1 Either the vmmouse client was not enabled, or it is not being run from within a VMware virtual machine. BUGS
Please report bugs in vmmouse_detect <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mdetect/vmmouse_detect>. AUTHORS
vmmouse_detect is copyright 2007 VMware, Inc. LICENSING
The vmmouse_detect source code is licensed under a BSD-like license. See COPYING for details. This manual page is licensed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
mdetect(1), XFree86(1) X Version 11 xf86-input-vmmouse 12.9.0 vmmouse_detect(1)