Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to find server name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to find server name Post 302340563 by RahulJoshi on Tuesday 4th of August 2009 01:17:50 AM
Old 08-04-2009
this does not solve purpose

uname -n ==it gives machine name not server name
and
host name == gives current host system

I WANT TO KNOW SERVER NAME

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find i.p address of our server

I don't have root access. How do I find i.p address of our sun server? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpotluri
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find NFS server

How can I tell what lpar on AIX is the NFS server? For some reason today I am drawing a blank on what the process name is to search for. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vigsgb
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Need to find whether my unix server is a stand alone server or its in a cluster

Hi All, Could any one pls tell me how to find whether a unix server is a stand alone server or its in a cluster. I need a command through which i can find whether the unix m/c is clustered or not. Thanx in advance Regards, Naveen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naveen Kumar V
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Find server details

Hi experts Is there a command or a way in Solaris to find server details like this: SUN240R 2 @ 160MHz CPU 1Gb memory Solaris8 lan0 (16SV LAN) 100FD lan1 (45CI LAN) 100FD lan2 (8CON LAN) 10HD lan3 (38SY LAN) 100HD Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lalelle
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find a non-keon server

hi, how to find whether we are working in keon or non-keon server in unix thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find out all shells on server ??

hi is there any way to find out all the shells on server i know bash / ksh are available on all servers but just for Curiosity i want to know .. is there any command for that ??? i can find it out by this $ /usr/bin >find . -name \*sh ./remsh ./csh ./ksh ./rsh ./chsh ./rksh ./sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the process in different server

suppose there are in 10 different server how can i know in which server a process (ex:oracle )is running (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Command to find if a server is a VIP or normal server

I have a list of servers which has both VIP and normal server. Is there a command to identify which server is a VIP and which is a normal server? Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Usha Rajesh
1 Replies
UNAME(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  UNAME(1)

NAME
uname -- Print operating system name SYNOPSIS
uname [-amnprsv] DESCRIPTION
The uname utility writes symbols representing one or more system characteristics to the standard output. The following options are available: -a Behave as though all of the options -mnrsv were specified. -m print the machine hardware name. -n print the nodename (the nodename may be a name that the system is known by to a communications network). -p print the machine processor architecture name. -r print the operating system release. -s print the operating system name. -v print the operating system version. If no options are specified, uname prints the operating system name as if the -s option had been specified. SEE ALSO
hostname(1), machine(1), sw_vers(1), uname(3) STANDARDS
The uname utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). The -p option is an extension to the standard. BSD
November 9, 1998 BSD