Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Gentoo on ppc with GXT6500P Gfx? Post 302340387 by acrux on Monday 3rd of August 2009 09:49:59 AM
Old 08-03-2009
it's available a 64bit ISO of CRUX PPC 2.5.
Bootkernel is already patched to work with gxt4000p/6000p and gxt4500p/6500p video cards.

have fun!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rogue PPC RPm

Hello, i need to Rogue RPm for PPC, anybody knows where i can get it? Thanks. i am new to Unix, thats why ia m postin here. Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ro'Taygahn
3 Replies

2. Linux

Redhat Linux 8 gfx card prob

hi guys, i have just installed Redhat Linux 8 on my home computer and it doesn't have the valid driver for my Radeon 9800 xt have looked about for it and can't find the driver. My computer works fine in a way, i can use it, but it would just be nice to have it set up fully correct so i can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SemperFi
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Which GFX driver version am I'm using under Ubuntu 7.04?

I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 7.04 with a Gnome desktop. Following some instructions on the ATI site I think I just managed to install 8.36.5 of the drivers for my Radeon 9500, I'm getting a "Proprietary Drivers in use" warning icon at the top right of the screen, which I activated with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Fedora 12 on PPC

I'm trying to install a linux system on a IBM PowerPC 275 system. I noticed that fedora 12 supports PowerPC. Does anyone have experience with this? I don't want to pay the fee for an enterprise licence for red hat or suse. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Issues after moving gfx card

Hello, I have a Sun V880 and a raptor gfx -8p today i installed a lsi card and had to use the pci slot that the gfx was using as it needed a 5v rail, after doing so i did a reconfigure boot with boot -r and now i no longer have a functioning display Im probably missing something simple,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xccxcc
3 Replies
VESA(4)                                                      Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                      VESA(4)

NAME
vesa - Generic VESA video driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Device" Identifier "devname" Driver "vesa" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
vesa is an Xorg driver for generic VESA video cards. It can drive most VESA-compatible video cards, but only makes use of the basic stan- dard VESA core that is common to these cards. The driver supports depths 8, 15 16 and 24. SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The vesa driver supports most VESA-compatible video cards. There are some known exceptions, and those should be listed here. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. The driver auto-detects the presence of VESA-compatible hardware. The ChipSet name may optionally be specified in the config file "Device" section, and will override the auto-detection: "vesa" The following driver Options are supported: Option "ShadowFB" "boolean" Enable or disable use of the shadow framebuffer layer. Default: on. This option is recommended for performance reasons. Option "ModeSetClearScreen" "boolean" Clear the screen on mode set. Some BIOSes seem to be broken in the sense that the newly set video mode is bogus if they are asked to clear the screen during mode setting. If you experience problems try to turn this option off. Default: on. SEE ALSO
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), Xserver(1), X(7) AUTHORS
Authors include: Paulo Ce'sar Pereira de Andrade. X Version 11 xf86-video-vesa 2.3.1 VESA(4)