Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server Hang @ init command
Operating Systems Solaris Server Hang @ init command Post 302337874 by samar on Sunday 26th of July 2009 03:39:53 AM
Old 07-26-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullz26
I suggest u to use reboot command, inted of init 6, Coz wen the CPU / Memory utilization is high init 6 will not work at times
as i understand here hommin wants to get to OBP but not to reboot.
of cource its possible also to get to OBP by rebooting and then send "break" from rsc or from keyboard, but personally i think this is not solution ..

Hommi, what is server model and OS version. ?
after hanging do u able to type something? if you can give me output svcs -xv ..
these logs last logs by the system hang?

good luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hang linux server :(

All greetings:) I had problem: hangs linux a server, and hangs always on miscellaneous and at various times, for example, can stand about one week, and can and in some minutes after reboot. Tried on a server to put windows 2003, with him problems do not arise. What could it be?:) I from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDaniel
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server Unixware hang up

Hi, I,ve a Unixware 7.1.4 Server, that it works OK, but suddenly it's hang up for six hours. In the server's console appears the messages of the registration product, the same that appears when the machine restart normally. while thats messages appears the console is lock and the server is out... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: By_Jam
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

INIT: Command respawning too rapidly

INIT:Command is respawning too rapidly Check for errors: id:cons /usr/sbin/getty console console A solution I read about in a different HPUX Forums help pages on line, said to add the -h option to this command in the /etc/inittab file to correct the problem. I tried this and it did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1bigdog
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

server hang problem

Hello everybody.. I have RHEL-4 Server with kernel - Linux 2.6.9-78.0.1.ELlargesmp x86_64 It is used for Development usage.. That server got hang and so reboot was required, when checked log file i found following messages, kernel: warning: many lost ticks. kernel: Your time source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant
4 Replies

5. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Commands with options hang server

Hello Folks, when i run simple ls command i am getting the output properly. See below: # ls ecapPlat.err FileMover.log.2 FileScrubber.log.1 MeasServer.log mysentfile surv.log ecapPlat.log FileMover.log.3 FileScrubber.log.2 MeasServer.log.1 netConfig.err TimeServer.log FileMover.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manuswami
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Hang when run command with /dev/console

hi guys, I don't know why I run this command: echo a>/dev/console It is not responsed from console and hang. If I run echo a>/dev/null, it is OK. here it is the console file: mcl1101 root#ls -ltr /dev/console lrwxrwxrwx 1 root other 30 Aug 18 2009 /dev/console ->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: caspian
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Server Hang in Linux RHEL 5.5

Dear All , One of our Oracle Database Server , which got hanged a couple of days before , so that we could not login to the Server , but it was pinging. So we tried various options and at last we did a reboot of this server. To find out the root cause of the Server Hang , when i checked the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 5.3 NFS export not mounting, rpcinfo hang/timeout on server

Been trying to get a directory NFS-mounted with no success. I've tried both NFS v3 and v4, but currently trying v4. I can't figure out what's going on here. server: sbkovwadmd01 sbkovwadmd01# chnfsdom Current local domain: edw.dev sbkovwadmd01# lssrc -a | grep nfs | grep active nfsd ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eckertd
3 Replies
stopped(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						stopped(7)

NAME
stopped - event signalling that a job has stopped SYNOPSIS
stopped JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE RESULT=RESULT [PROCESS=PROCESS] [EXIT_STATUS=STATUS] [EXIT_SIGNAL=SIGNAL] [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The stopped event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job has stopped. The JOB environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for single-instance jobs. If the job was stopped normally, the RESULT environment variable will be ok, otherwise if the job was stopped because it has failed it will be failed. When the job has failed, the process that failed will be given in the PROCESS environment variable. This may be pre-start, post-start, main, pre-stop or post-stop; it may also be the special value respawn to indicate that the job was stopped because it hit the respawn limit. Finally in the case of a failed job, one of either EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL may be given to indicate the cause of the stop. Either EXIT_STATUS will contain the exit status code of the process, or EXIT_SIGNAL will contain the name of the signal that the process received. The normal exit job configuration stanza can be used to prevent particular exit status values or signals resulting in a failed job, see init(5) for more information. If neither EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL is given for a failed process, it is because the process failed to spawn (for example, file not found). See the system logs for the error. init(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. It is typically combined with the starting(7) event by services when inserting themselves as a dependency. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the stopped event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running whenever another service would be running, started before and stopped after it, might use: start on starting apache stop on stopped apache A task that must be run after another task or service has been stopped might use: start on stopped postgresql SEE ALSO
starting(7) started(7) stopping(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 stopped(7)