Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server Hang @ init command
Operating Systems Solaris Server Hang @ init command Post 302337488 by bullz26 on Friday 24th of July 2009 08:58:16 AM
Old 07-24-2009
I suggest u to use reboot command, inted of init 6, Coz wen the CPU / Memory utilization is high init 6 will not work at times

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hang linux server :(

All greetings:) I had problem: hangs linux a server, and hangs always on miscellaneous and at various times, for example, can stand about one week, and can and in some minutes after reboot. Tried on a server to put windows 2003, with him problems do not arise. What could it be?:) I from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDaniel
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server Unixware hang up

Hi, I,ve a Unixware 7.1.4 Server, that it works OK, but suddenly it's hang up for six hours. In the server's console appears the messages of the registration product, the same that appears when the machine restart normally. while thats messages appears the console is lock and the server is out... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: By_Jam
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

INIT: Command respawning too rapidly

INIT:Command is respawning too rapidly Check for errors: id:cons /usr/sbin/getty console console A solution I read about in a different HPUX Forums help pages on line, said to add the -h option to this command in the /etc/inittab file to correct the problem. I tried this and it did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1bigdog
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

server hang problem

Hello everybody.. I have RHEL-4 Server with kernel - Linux 2.6.9-78.0.1.ELlargesmp x86_64 It is used for Development usage.. That server got hang and so reboot was required, when checked log file i found following messages, kernel: warning: many lost ticks. kernel: Your time source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant
4 Replies

5. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Commands with options hang server

Hello Folks, when i run simple ls command i am getting the output properly. See below: # ls ecapPlat.err FileMover.log.2 FileScrubber.log.1 MeasServer.log mysentfile surv.log ecapPlat.log FileMover.log.3 FileScrubber.log.2 MeasServer.log.1 netConfig.err TimeServer.log FileMover.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manuswami
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Hang when run command with /dev/console

hi guys, I don't know why I run this command: echo a>/dev/console It is not responsed from console and hang. If I run echo a>/dev/null, it is OK. here it is the console file: mcl1101 root#ls -ltr /dev/console lrwxrwxrwx 1 root other 30 Aug 18 2009 /dev/console ->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: caspian
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Server Hang in Linux RHEL 5.5

Dear All , One of our Oracle Database Server , which got hanged a couple of days before , so that we could not login to the Server , but it was pinging. So we tried various options and at last we did a reboot of this server. To find out the root cause of the Server Hang , when i checked the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 5.3 NFS export not mounting, rpcinfo hang/timeout on server

Been trying to get a directory NFS-mounted with no success. I've tried both NFS v3 and v4, but currently trying v4. I can't figure out what's going on here. server: sbkovwadmd01 sbkovwadmd01# chnfsdom Current local domain: edw.dev sbkovwadmd01# lssrc -a | grep nfs | grep active nfsd ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eckertd
3 Replies
INIT(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   INIT(8)

NAME
init - initialize machine upon booting SYNOPSIS
/$cputype/init [ -ctm ] [ command ... ] DESCRIPTION
Init initializes the machine: it establishes the name space (see namespace(4) and newns in auth(2)), and environment (see env(3)) and starts a shell (rc(1)) on the console. If a command is supplied, that is run instead of the shell. On a CPU server the invoked shell runs cpurc(8) before accepting commands on the console; on a terminal, it runs termrc and then the user's profile. Options -t (terminal) and -c (CPU) force the behavior to correspond to the specified service class. Otherwise init uses the value of the environment variable $service to decide the service class. Init sets environment variables $service (either to the incoming value or according to -t or -c), $objtype (to the value of $cputype), $user (to the contents of #c/user), and $timezone (to the contents of /adm/timezone/local). With option -m init starts only an interactive shell regardless of the command or service class. On a CPU server, init requires the machine's password to be supplied before starting rc on the console. Init is invoked by boot(8), which sets the arguments as appropriate. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/init.c SEE ALSO
rc(1), auth(2), boot(8) INIT(8)