Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parameter Passing problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parameter Passing problem Post 302336839 by kshji on Thursday 23rd of July 2009 01:48:55 AM
Old 07-23-2009
Publish your current version of your scripts. Also the command line, how you call your script. Easier to say what problem you have.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter passing

Hallo everyone, This is my problem below: /home/cerebrus/pax=>vat class2.sh ksh: vat: not found /home/cerebrus/pax=>cat class2.sh #!/bin/ksh set -x bdf|grep appsdev|awk '{ print $5 }'> class3 dd={cat class3} echo $dd /home/cerebrus/pax=> /home/cerebrus/pax=>./class2.sh + bdf +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
8 Replies

2. Programming

Passing parameter to makefile?

Hi, How to pass parameter to makefile? Please let me know if any one knows and also please put an example of makefile with this feature. thanks, Manju. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju_p
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wrong parameter passing!

Hi all I have a script which will take input as filename and passes it to a java program. It is as follows -------------------------------- FILENAME=$1 echo $FILENAME ${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java -cp DateProvider $FILENAME ------------------------------------------------- when I execute the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malle
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing asterisk As A Parameter

I have written a Shell Script Program which accepts 3 parameters as shown below: ./calc 20 + 2 in the above line ./calc is the Shell Script itself with 3 parameters, namely: 20 + and 2. Well, now let's look inside the Script: result=$1$2$3 echo $result The output will be as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter in quotes

Hi, PW='/as sysdba'; export PW in other module I call sqlplus ${PW} (this line I unable to change!) How I can define PW so that sqlplus calls PW in quotes i.e sqlplus '/as sysdba' I tried like this PW="'/as sysdba'"; export PW - no luck Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Positional parameter passing

Hi All, When passing parameters to a sheel script, the parameters are referenced by their positions such as $1 for first parameter, $2 for second parameter. these positional values can only have values ranging from $0-$9 (0,1,2,3...9). I have a shell script meant to accept 20 parameters. for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogologoma
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a parameter to AWK

Hi All, I am trying to pass a parameter to AWK on my KSH shell prompt as below. var1=2 echo $var1 awk -v var2=${var1} '{print var2}' testfile.txt I am passing the input file (testfile) to awk to get some o/p. It is having 10 records. When I run AWK, it is throwing the following errors... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

8. Programming

passing float parameter

I am surprised by GCC (this is ver. 4.2.4, Ubuntu 32 bit Intel) when a function declares a float parameter and it's prototype is missing, the parameters are messed up. Please see my code below: ~/test$ cat x1.c #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> set_p(int p1, float p2, int p3, int p4)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter more than 9

Hi, I've written a script where eleven parameter to be passed from command line which is inserting into an oracle table, it is working but the tenth and 11th parameter are not accepting as given it is referring to 1st parameter. HERE IS THE SCRIPT #!/bin/ksh #set -o echo $*... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar
4 Replies
Net::Rendezvous::Publish::Backend::Avahi(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	     Net::Rendezvous::Publish::Backend::Avahi(3pm)

NAME
Net::Rendezvous::Publish::Backend::Avahi - Publish zeroconf data via Avahi VERSION
version 0.04 COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2006 by Jack Bates. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2012 by Ioan Rogers. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. SEE ALSO
Net::Rendezvous::Publish - The module this module supports. Avahi <http://avahi.org/> AUTHORS
o Ioan Rogers <ioanr@cpan.org> o Jack Bates <jablko@cpan.org> BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
You can make new bug reports, and view existing ones, through the web interface at https://github.com/ioanrogers/Net-Rendezvous-Publish-Backend-Avahi/issues <https://github.com/ioanrogers/Net-Rendezvous-Publish-Backend- Avahi/issues>. SOURCE
The development version is on github at http://github.com/ioanrogers/Net-Rendezvous-Publish-Backend-Avahi <http://github.com/ioanrogers/Net-Rendezvous-Publish-Backend-Avahi> and may be cloned from git://github.com/ioanrogers/Net-Rendezvous-Publish-Backend-Avahi.git <git://github.com/ioanrogers/Net-Rendezvous-Publish-Backend-Avahi.git> perl v5.14.2 2012-06-27 Net::Rendezvous::Publish::Backend::Avahi(3pm)