Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Global zone name from local zone Post 302332949 by jlliagre on Friday 10th of July 2009 12:33:42 PM
Old 07-10-2009
22blaze: Did you check that method ? I never had any success with it.
fugitive: As I already wrote, what you are asking for cannot be done by design. Non global zones are independent and shouldn't know anything about other zones. If they can, this is a bug and will be fixed.
Of course, nothing forbids you to create a file (eg: <zonepath>/root/etc/globalname) or to populate the /etc/inet/hosts file in each non global zone from the global one to tell them its hostname.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris Zone : Non global Zone check failed

Hi All , I try to install some packages in my global zone... On the execution of the installion of the script it quits by saying the error "Non global zone check failed" Kindly help me in this regard Thanks in advance, jeganr (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Not able to ping global zone from local zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to ping the local zone from global zone when i am trying to ping i am getting below ICMP Host Unreachable from gateway zone ( 192.268.35.210) for icmp from zone ( 192.168.35.210) to sun1 ( 192.168.35.210) However i can ping local zone from global please... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
12 Replies

3. Solaris

sharing a directory between local and global zone

is this the step? add fs set dir=/export set special=/export set type=lofs add options rw end i notice i can't post immediately, moderator needs to moderate. i have 1 more post still haven't appear in the forum..hmm.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binary0011
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Covert Global zone to local zone

Dears, I would like to convert solaris 10 x86 and solaris 10 sparc (Global Zones) physical servers into Local zones. i found a document which seems to be helpful but i'm stuck @ the 1st step. to test this i want to do it 1st on x86 system running under vmware ESXi and if it succeeds i will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mduweik
1 Replies

5. Solaris

how to add a default gateway in a zone of different VLAN of global zone

Hi Greetings... I have an issue in connecting the zone from outside the network and it is because of default gateway. I can ping default gateway from inside the zone and not able to ping from global zone due to different VLAN issue. If i add two different gateways and restart network services,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvpotugunta
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 local zone on Solaris 11 global zone

Hi, A quick question: Can Solaris 10 local zones be moved to a Solaris 11 global zone and work well? Thank you in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

7. Solaris

showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone

can some one help me out as it is showing 2 different time zones in global zone and nonglobal zone .In global zone it is showing in GMT while in nonglobal zone i it showing as PDT. System in running with solaris 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Scripting changes to multiple zone configurations in the same Global Zone

So this is Solaris 11.1. I have a Global zone that has several non-global zones running in it. I want to change the capped-memory.physical resources setting in ALL the zone configs of the running zones. if I were to do this manually here's what I would do: zonecfg -z zone1 select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 zone has no external network access (except to Global Zone)

Hi, hoping someone can help, its been a while since I used Solaris. After creating a NGZ (non global zone), the NGZ can access the GZ (Global Zone) and the GZ can access the NGZ (using ssh, zlogin) However, the NGZ cannot access any other netwqork devices, it can't even see the default router ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GazinLincoln
2 Replies
net_zoneidtonetid(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				     net_zoneidtonetid(9F)

NAME
net_zoneidtonetid - map a zoneid_t struture identifier to a netid_t structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/neti.h> netid_t net_zoneidtonetid(const zoneid_t zone); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
zone valid zoneid_t structure that refers to a running zone. DESCRIPTION
The net_zoneidtonetid() function maps the given zoneid_t structure (used to represent a zone that is currently running) into a netid_t structure that is associated with the IP instance supporting network functions for that zone. RETURN VALUES
The net_zoneidtonetid() function returns -1 if no mapping took place. Otherwise, it returns the netid_t structure currently used by the zoneid_t structure. For zones that are using a shared IP instance, the netid_t structure for the instance owned by the global zone is returned. CONTEXT
The net_zoneidtonetid() function may be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
net_netidtozonid(9F), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 1 May 2008 net_zoneidtonetid(9F)