Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Auto fsck -y at boot
Operating Systems Solaris Auto fsck -y at boot Post 302331749 by jlliagre on Tuesday 7th of July 2009 05:57:01 AM
Old 07-07-2009
I guess the OP isn't using Solaris 10.
Latest Solaris 10 releases support ZFS boot. No fsck is ever necessary with it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Boot

Ok when i reboot my machine its a pain in the A** i do not have a monitor on it and i know its going to eventualy ask me to type BOot and then its going to ask me if i want to interact with the........ and then it will boot up fine... Hp UX 11i is what i am running and i would like it to boot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

freebsd auto login user at boot / i'm stuck

I run freebsd 4.8 and try to find the way or 'a' way to log in a certain user i created automaticaly at pc boot. I have searched the net, the manuals, but found nothing... could anyone please get me going by showing me an example or what file(s) i need to take a look at. i am not working... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: termiEEE
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

Auto-Port Aggregation startup fails on boot

I have a machine running HP-UX 11.23 (PARISC) and APA startup fails on boot. This is found in /etc/rc.log: Configure Auto-Port Aggregation(LAN Monitor) interfaces Output from "/sbin/rc2.d/S343hplm start": ---------------------------- get_start_dlpi_version: failed, errno is 22 ERROR: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kknigga
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

help auto starting app on boot

Hi I need a bit of help figuring out how to auto start an application on boot on an HPUX. I am a fairly exp AIX guy now working an HP shop. I use to change a /etc/rc... file. Any advise would be a great help TIA. –K If it is a help the program is a DB and runs as root /usr/ud{##}/startud... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KmJohnson
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Auto boot problem on Sun T2000

Hi All I have a problem on T2000 server. bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS 5.10 aaa Generic_120011-14 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T2000After the initial solaris installation server failed to boot: Rebooting with command: boot Boot device: disk:b File and args: The file just loaded does not appear... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouzist
1 Replies

6. Solaris

After command setenv auto-boot false machine's console not displaying

hi Alll, I want to install solaris 10 on exixting solaris mahcine. I tried for OK boot cdrom-install but it gave me fatal error - disk not bootable , boot command disable so i tried with ok setenv auto-boot? false Ok reset-all after this server rebooted automatically and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
2 Replies

7. Solaris

unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0)

What can I fix this issue? I have ran below commands but everything is same.:confused: WARNING: Last shutdown is later than time on time-of-day chip: check date. The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

has no rc.local in /etc, how to auto run cmd in the boot process?

Hi I want to run some cmd before the linux boot up and I want to let it run before sshd service start, any helps? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
fsck.xfs(8)                                                   System Manager's Manual                                                  fsck.xfs(8)

NAME
fsck.xfs - do nothing, successfully SYNOPSIS
fsck.xfs [ filesys ... ] DESCRIPTION
fsck.xfs is called by the generic Linux fsck(8) program at startup to check and repair an XFS filesystem. XFS is a journaling filesystem and performs recovery at mount(8) time if necessary, so fsck.xfs simply exits with a zero exit status. If you wish to check the consistency of an XFS filesystem, or repair a damaged or corrupt XFS filesystem, see xfs_check(8) and xfs_repair(8). FILES
/etc/fstab. SEE ALSO
fsck(8), fstab(5), xfs(5), xfs_check(8), xfs_repair(8). fsck.xfs(8)