Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Auto fsck -y at boot
Operating Systems Solaris Auto fsck -y at boot Post 302331561 by tazzy on Monday 6th of July 2009 02:33:52 PM
Old 07-06-2009
Auto fsck -y at boot

Does anyone know how or if its possible to automatically run fsck -y at boot if the initial fsck check finds that there has been data lost. Usually the initial fsck check will fix low level inconsistencies but if it finds that data has been lost it will put you into single user mode for you to log in as root and run fsck -y manually to repair the file system. Have certain locations that may lose power due to storms and will only run on UPS for a certain length of time, if this occurs at night lets say there is no one present to properly shut down the system. Was wanting to automate this if possible so when they fired the system back on in the morning it would automatically repair itself if it did find a problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Boot

Ok when i reboot my machine its a pain in the A** i do not have a monitor on it and i know its going to eventualy ask me to type BOot and then its going to ask me if i want to interact with the........ and then it will boot up fine... Hp UX 11i is what i am running and i would like it to boot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

freebsd auto login user at boot / i'm stuck

I run freebsd 4.8 and try to find the way or 'a' way to log in a certain user i created automaticaly at pc boot. I have searched the net, the manuals, but found nothing... could anyone please get me going by showing me an example or what file(s) i need to take a look at. i am not working... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: termiEEE
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

Auto-Port Aggregation startup fails on boot

I have a machine running HP-UX 11.23 (PARISC) and APA startup fails on boot. This is found in /etc/rc.log: Configure Auto-Port Aggregation(LAN Monitor) interfaces Output from "/sbin/rc2.d/S343hplm start": ---------------------------- get_start_dlpi_version: failed, errno is 22 ERROR: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kknigga
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

help auto starting app on boot

Hi I need a bit of help figuring out how to auto start an application on boot on an HPUX. I am a fairly exp AIX guy now working an HP shop. I use to change a /etc/rc... file. Any advise would be a great help TIA. –K If it is a help the program is a DB and runs as root /usr/ud{##}/startud... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KmJohnson
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Auto boot problem on Sun T2000

Hi All I have a problem on T2000 server. bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS 5.10 aaa Generic_120011-14 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T2000After the initial solaris installation server failed to boot: Rebooting with command: boot Boot device: disk:b File and args: The file just loaded does not appear... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouzist
1 Replies

6. Solaris

After command setenv auto-boot false machine's console not displaying

hi Alll, I want to install solaris 10 on exixting solaris mahcine. I tried for OK boot cdrom-install but it gave me fatal error - disk not bootable , boot command disable so i tried with ok setenv auto-boot? false Ok reset-all after this server rebooted automatically and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
2 Replies

7. Solaris

unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0)

What can I fix this issue? I have ran below commands but everything is same.:confused: WARNING: Last shutdown is later than time on time-of-day chip: check date. The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

has no rc.local in /etc, how to auto run cmd in the boot process?

Hi I want to run some cmd before the linux boot up and I want to let it run before sshd service start, any helps? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
fsck_cachefs(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  fsck_cachefs(1M)

NAME
fsck_cachefs - check integrity of data cached with CacheFS SYNOPSIS
fsck -F cachefs [-m] [-o noclean] cache_directory DESCRIPTION
The CacheFS version of the fsck command checks the integrity of a cache directory.This utility corrects any CacheFS problems it finds by default. There is no interactive mode. The most likely invocation of fsck for CacheFS file systems is at boot time from an entry in the /etc/vfstab file. See vfstab(4). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -m Check, but do not repair. -o noclean Force a check on the cache even if there is no reason to suspect there is a problem. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using fsck_cachefs to Force a Check on the Cache Directory The following example forces a check on the cache directory /cache3: example% fsck -F cachefs -o noclean /cache3 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cfsadmin(1M), fsck(1M), mount_cachefs(1M), vfstab(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2002 fsck_cachefs(1M)