Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sending email via syslog-ng
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Sending email via syslog-ng Post 302330112 by balabit on Tuesday 30th of June 2009 08:59:43 AM
Old 06-30-2009
You could try to use the program(destination) and write a script that takes the log message from the standard input and mails it to you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending email

I have an Solaris 8 machine running a managment application. One of the features of this application is to configure alarm forwarding to an email undress. When i configured the application to do that, it asked me only about the recipient email address. Quesiton: how to configure my Solaris 8... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcheaib
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending email

hi, is there any possiblity to send email from the command prompt, for eg i want to send alert to any mail id like /data/logs is 80% to my hotmail account , xxx@hotmail.com is this really possible,, if not, then what are the prerequistes need to do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email with more than one files

Hi, I would like to send an email with more than one attachement. I am using uuencode. I want to achive by suing uuencode. Also please let me know other ways. -Thambi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Email with Attachment

Hi, I want to send an email with multiple attachment using uuencode and mail command. I am able to send with one attachment Ex:uuencode abc.txt abc.txt | mail test@test.com -s "Test3" Can anyone reply with syntax. Regards BS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajiora
3 Replies

5. Linux

sending an email

I have used an already-built ActiveX control to send email from my asp web pages. One of the parameters I fill is FromName which defines the tittle the recipient will see in the From entrance in his Inbox. Now Iīm trying to use mail to send an email from a Shell but I havenīt found the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RandomAccess
1 Replies

6. AIX

Sending an email notification when syslog goes down

Hi All of a sudden the syslog daemon in the server went down and then later I started it manually # ps -ef | grep syslogd root 217228 114906 0 Nov 16 - 0:00 /usr/sbin/syslogd root 430306 290870 0 14:18:11 pts/0 0:00 grep syslogd Can some one help me with a script which will monitor the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML Email

1) Can you please provide me with a best example of how to send an HTML email via mutt or mail or send email commands using bash shell. 2) I tried below but i am not able to get the variable values in the HTML email output. (cat <<-EOT <html> <head><title></title> </head> <body> <p>Hello,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email in UNIX

can you tell me what is the syntax if I need to keep someone in cc with the below email. mailx -s "shell script completed successfully" arun@gmail.com < /dev/null (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
4 Replies

10. Linux

Sending an email using mutt...

I wanted to send "config.log" to the usergroup that handles open source support for Octave 3.8.0, a programming language as there were build errors. In order to send an email from unix command line, I am trying to use mutt, and I need a straightforward way of sending emails, as the commands... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jon80
1 Replies
SYSLOG2DLF.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation					  SYSLOG2DLF.IN(1)

NAME
syslog2dlf - convert syslog log files to DLF SYNOPSIS
syslog2dlf DESCRIPTION
This script uses the Lire::Syslog module to create a DLF representation of the syslog log files. It can process all the syslog log formats supported by that module. EXAMPLES
To process a log as produced by syslog: $ syslog2dlf < syslog.log syslog2dlf will be rarely used on its own, but is more likely called by lr_log2report: $ lr_log2report syslog < /var/log/syslog.log SEE ALSO
Lire::Syslog(3pm) VERSION
$Id: syslog2dlf.in,v 1.6 2006/07/23 13:16:36 vanbaal Exp $ AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 SYSLOG2DLF.IN(1)