Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX NFS mount point monitoring script Post 302330066 by elmesy on Tuesday 30th of June 2009 07:22:01 AM
Old 06-30-2009
Thanks for the replies, I have just gone with this for now.

HOSTNM=`hostname`
DATE=$(date +"%d-%b-%y %H:%M")
SHORTNAME="FileSystem Mount"
LONGNAME="Filesystem Test"

#Checking Filesytem Test

df -k | grep Test
if [ $? == "1" ]
then

echo $LONGNAME is not running on $HOSTNM please investigate. Sent by myscript $DATE | mail -s "$SHORTNAME is not accessible" you@domain.com"

fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the file modification time of a file on nfs mount point

Hi I am accessing a file on nfs mounted device, after completing using of the file, i am tring to restore the access time and modification times of the file. So i got the previous modified time of the file using stat() function and trying to set the date and time for the file, To set these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
6 Replies

2. Linux

one nfs mount point for many logical volumes

hi i am wondering if it is possible to use one nfs mount point for several logical volumes. i have a top level directory /imaging with data1 - data50 below it. each dataX directory is a logical volume configured through LVM. if i mount them separately on the client (i.e. 50 lines in fstab... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user23
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

NFS mount point problem

Hi Forum I am trying to mount /NFS as nfs mountpoint on two servers ( A & B ). After mounting the nfs filesystem, both of them behave normally for around 10 mins and after that the NFS file handle become stale and the mountpoints dont respond. While executing df -kh, the output hang out and the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajdasuwal
15 Replies

4. Solaris

No write permission on NFS mount point

hi all i have mounted one nfs mount point but i has no write permission on it. when i am going to make a directory it is giving an error # mkdir 1 mkdir: Failed to make directory "1"; Permission denied i shared using command # share -F nfs -o rw -d "backup" /backup mounted using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for NFS mount point

Hi , i have create the bash script for nfs but in this script asking for mount point only once it is it prompting for second time. example: do you wants to create any other mount point ? note(if i give yes it should ask me to add the mount point else it should proceed with next step) it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulne25
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS mount point

Hi, Can you tell me something about NFS mount point ? Regards, Maddy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Regarding NFS mount point

Dear All, We have two different mount points in Linux NFS one is 15 TB and another one is 15 TB. Can we club both of the two mount points and club in to a single volume in Linux. As we need to restore Database in that single volume. Kindly help us on this. Regards , rj (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Sol 10 - Strange NFS behaviour - adminnfs prefix to mount point

Something has changed..... /etc/vfstab entry:- host1:/backup/RMAN - /RMAN nfs - no rw,hard,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,llockBut when I mount it, and run df -k | grep RMANResults are:- host1:/backup/RMAN 54971960832 26752241664 28219719168 49% ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies
Test::Requires(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Test::Requires(3)

NAME
Test::Requires - Checks to see if the module can be loaded SYNOPSIS
# in your Makefile.PL use inc::Module::Install; test_requires 'Test::Requires'; # in your test use Test::More tests => 10; use Test::Requires { 'HTTP::MobileAttribute' => 0.01, # skip all if HTTP::MobileAttribute doesn't installed }; isa_ok HTTP::MobileAttribute->new, 'HTTP::MobileAttribute::NonMobile'; # or use Test::More tests => 10; use Test::Requires qw( HTTP::MobileAttribute ); isa_ok HTTP::MobileAttribute->new, 'HTTP::MobileAttribute::NonMobile'; # or use Test::More tests => 10; use Test::Requires; test_requires 'Some::Optional::Test::Required::Modules'; isa_ok HTTP::MobileAttribute->new, 'HTTP::MobileAttribute::NonMobile'; DESCRIPTION
Test::Requires checks to see if the module can be loaded. If this fails rather than failing tests this skips all tests. Test::Requires can also be used to require a minimum version of Perl: use Test::Requires "5.010"; # quoting is necessary!! # or use Test::Requires "v5.10"; AUTHOR
Tokuhiro Matsuno <tokuhirom @*(#RJKLFHFSDLJF gmail.com> THANKS TO
kazuho++ # some tricky stuff miyagawa++ # original code from t/TestPlagger.pm tomyhero++ # reported issue related older test::builder tobyink++ # documented that Test::Requires "5.010" works ENVIRONMENT
If the "RELEASE_TESTING" environment variable is true, then instead of skipping tests, Test::Requires bails out. SEE ALSO
"TestPlagger.pm" in t LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2017-10-06 Test::Requires(3)