Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to connect to Internet Post 302328823 by jlliagre on Thursday 25th of June 2009 09:18:22 AM
Old 06-25-2009
If nslookup resolves www.google.com but not traceroute, you might have a hosts entry missing the dns service in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to the Internet

I running HPUX 11.0, Netscape gives me an error "Unable to locate Server" when using a www.something.com address. If I use an IP address I get past the router and onto the Internet. My workstation can get to the Router @ 192.168.0.1 and also it's local APACHE server. I have DHCP enabled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnalt
8 Replies

2. Solaris

trying to connect to internet

i have just installed solaris 10 on a 60 gb hard drive. now im trying to install my nic driver but when i put in the floppy disk for the nic card it cant read it, so then i found that i have to mount the floppy drive and i tried putting in the mount command but i dont know where to mount it and if... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
38 Replies

3. Solaris

How to connect to Internet

Hi I installed solaris developer edition 1/08 today.I want to connect to Broadband internet through my ADSL 2+ Modem/Router with a username and password. plz help in this case,I am new to sun solaris:confused: the modem itself is a router it worked well on ubuntu and red hat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santugvd
3 Replies

4. Linux

how to connect internet????

HI, Am using GPRS ( MOB # 3230 ) internet connection in windows Hw to use internet r connect in linux.. ( Red Hat Linux Ver.10 ) Please help me.. Thanks in adv.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharath raja
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to INTERNET using BSNL Broad band connection on Solaris-x86

Hi, Iam using BSNL broad band connection and i have installed two OS Xp & Sun solaris -x86 on my machine.Iam able to use INTERNET on windows Xp but not able to do it on solaris x86. I have tried using DHCP concept as well as sys-unconfig command in solaris but no results. When i use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't connect to Internet

Dear freinds... I downloaded solaris for x86 and was able to configure the lan correctly.. I can ping and share with other destops through lan... but still I can't connect to internet ? can you please help.. I put my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 to /etc/defaultrouter but with no use..... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
13 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

unable to connect internet on virtual machine

I have installed Oracle VM virtual box on Windows 7 and using LINUX (backtrack 5) as my virtual OS. The problem is i'm unable to connect to internet from my virtual OS. i'm using USB dongle (mobile broad band) to connect to internet from my host OS windows 7. I tried setting NAT in VM settings... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Unable to connect to internet on slackware 14.1 (hathway connection)

Hi, I have a wired internet connection of hathway provider. I would like to use the connection on my desktop as well as my laptop. My desktop pc has windows 7 and yesterday I installed slackware 14.1 (full installation) on my lenovo 3000 n100 laptop. Previously I had slacko puppy 5.7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinakbheed
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to connect to internet

Hello, I just installed CentOS 7 (Server with GUI) and guess what I could install Virtual Box Guest additions without installing any extra package/software which is great news ! Now bad news or not so great news. My Host OS is Windows 10, Virtual Box is the virtualization software. CentOS7-1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
0 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to connect guest VM to internet (QEMU via both 'User-mode networking' and 'TUN/TAP')

Hello, I installed FreeBSD 10.3 on AQEMU. I can't connect to internet in none of the modes of "Default, User-Mode Networking" and "TUN/TAP Networking". I am able to ping my host in the TAP networking mode (192.168.1.33 which is my IP addr in guest), but getting 'no route to host' for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies
rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)					  System Administration Commands				       rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)

NAME
rpc.nisd_resolv, nisd_resolv - NIS+ service daemon SYNOPSIS
rpc.nisd_resolv [-v | -V] [ -F [-C fd]] [-t xx] [-p yy] DESCRIPTION
rpc.nisd_resolv is an auxiliary process which provides DNS forwarding service for NIS hosts requests to both ypserv and rpc.nisd that are running in the NIS compatibility mode. It is generally started by invoking rpc.nisd(1M) with the -B option or ypserv(1M) with the -d option. Although it is not recommended, rpc.nisd_resolv can also be started independently with the following options. This command requires that the /etc/resolv.conf file be setup for communication with a DNS nameserver. The nslookup utility can be used to verify communication with a DNS nameserver. See resolv.conf(4) and nslookup(1M). OPTIONS
-F Run in foreground. -C fd Use fd for service xprt (from nisd). -v Verbose. Send output to the syslog daemon. -V Verbose. Send output to stdout. -t xx Use transport xx. -p yy Use transient program# yy. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nslookup(1M), rpc.nisd(1M), resolv.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 rpc.nisd_resolv(1M)