Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to connect to Internet Post 302328044 by srinivas2828 on Tuesday 23rd of June 2009 08:29:13 AM
Old 06-23-2009
Unable to connect to Internet

Hi friends
recently i have installed SXDE 1/08 into my machine,and i installed wifi driver also
its working fine,Recently i was unable to connect to Internet,I have not changed any configurations and any installations,thing is that i got my iwk0 interface is UP and IP address also and i can able to ping my gateway and other machines in the same network btw No proxy server but my institute have firewall
but why it is behaving like this...any help
Code:
#ifconfig iwk0
iwk0: flags=201004843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DHCP,IPv4,CoS> mtu 1500 index 2
	inet 192.168.11.14 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.168.11.255

# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 loghost solaris

#svcs physical
disabled       14:24:57 svc:/network/physical:default
online         14:24:58 svc:/network/physical:nwam

bash-3.2$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 192.168.1.234
nameserver 202.88.238.3
nameserver 202.88.238.5
bash-3.2$ nslookup www.google.com
server:      192.168.1.234
address:     192.168.1.234#53

Non-authoritative answer:
www.google.com canonical name = www.l.google.com.
Name: www.l.google.com
address: 209.85.153.104

Last edited by srinivas2828; 06-23-2009 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: forgot to add text

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to the Internet

I running HPUX 11.0, Netscape gives me an error "Unable to locate Server" when using a www.something.com address. If I use an IP address I get past the router and onto the Internet. My workstation can get to the Router @ 192.168.0.1 and also it's local APACHE server. I have DHCP enabled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnalt
8 Replies

2. Solaris

trying to connect to internet

i have just installed solaris 10 on a 60 gb hard drive. now im trying to install my nic driver but when i put in the floppy disk for the nic card it cant read it, so then i found that i have to mount the floppy drive and i tried putting in the mount command but i dont know where to mount it and if... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
38 Replies

3. Solaris

How to connect to Internet

Hi I installed solaris developer edition 1/08 today.I want to connect to Broadband internet through my ADSL 2+ Modem/Router with a username and password. plz help in this case,I am new to sun solaris:confused: the modem itself is a router it worked well on ubuntu and red hat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santugvd
3 Replies

4. Linux

how to connect internet????

HI, Am using GPRS ( MOB # 3230 ) internet connection in windows Hw to use internet r connect in linux.. ( Red Hat Linux Ver.10 ) Please help me.. Thanks in adv.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharath raja
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to INTERNET using BSNL Broad band connection on Solaris-x86

Hi, Iam using BSNL broad band connection and i have installed two OS Xp & Sun solaris -x86 on my machine.Iam able to use INTERNET on windows Xp but not able to do it on solaris x86. I have tried using DHCP concept as well as sys-unconfig command in solaris but no results. When i use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't connect to Internet

Dear freinds... I downloaded solaris for x86 and was able to configure the lan correctly.. I can ping and share with other destops through lan... but still I can't connect to internet ? can you please help.. I put my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 to /etc/defaultrouter but with no use..... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
13 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

unable to connect internet on virtual machine

I have installed Oracle VM virtual box on Windows 7 and using LINUX (backtrack 5) as my virtual OS. The problem is i'm unable to connect to internet from my virtual OS. i'm using USB dongle (mobile broad band) to connect to internet from my host OS windows 7. I tried setting NAT in VM settings... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Unable to connect to internet on slackware 14.1 (hathway connection)

Hi, I have a wired internet connection of hathway provider. I would like to use the connection on my desktop as well as my laptop. My desktop pc has windows 7 and yesterday I installed slackware 14.1 (full installation) on my lenovo 3000 n100 laptop. Previously I had slacko puppy 5.7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinakbheed
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to connect to internet

Hello, I just installed CentOS 7 (Server with GUI) and guess what I could install Virtual Box Guest additions without installing any extra package/software which is great news ! Now bad news or not so great news. My Host OS is Windows 10, Virtual Box is the virtualization software. CentOS7-1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
0 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to connect guest VM to internet (QEMU via both 'User-mode networking' and 'TUN/TAP')

Hello, I installed FreeBSD 10.3 on AQEMU. I can't connect to internet in none of the modes of "Default, User-Mode Networking" and "TUN/TAP Networking". I am able to ping my host in the TAP networking mode (192.168.1.33 which is my IP addr in guest), but getting 'no route to host' for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies
ne(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     ne(4)

Name
       ne - Second Generation Ethernet Chip Interface

Syntax
       device ne0 at ibus? vector neintr

Description
       The interface provides access to a 10 Mb/s Ethernet network through the Digital's Second Generation Ethernet Chip (SGEC) based controller.

The  host's  Internet  address  is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl.  The interface employs the address resolution protocol
       described in to map dynamically between Internet and Ethernet addresses on the local network.

The driver normally tries to use a trailer encapsulation to minimize copying data on input and output.  This can be disabled for an  inter-
       face by setting the IFF_NOTRAILERS flag with an SIOCSIFFLAGS ioctl.  Trailers are only used for packets destined for Internet hosts.

The SIOCSPHYSADDR ioctl can be used to change the physical address of the adapter and the SIOCRPHYSADDR ioctl can be used to read its phys-
       ical address.

The SIOCADDMULTI and SIOCDELMULTI ioctls can be used to add or delete multicast addresses.   The  recognizes  a	maximum  of  16  multicast
       addresses.

The SIOCRDCTRS and SIOCRDZCTRS ioctls can be used to read or read and clear the Ethernet driver counters.  The argument to these two ioctls
       is a pointer to a counter structure, found in

The SIOCENABLBACK and SIOCDISABLBACK ioctls can be used to enable and disable the interface loopback mode respectively.

Diagnostics
       The diagnostic error messages contain relevant information provided by the driver. For example,

ne%d: self test failed <reason lists>
       Adapter did not pass the power-up self-test during autoconfiguration time.

ne%d: write CSR0 failed
       The driver was unable to set the initial value for the adapter.

ne%d: couldn't allocate ......
       The driver was unable to allocate memory for the internal data structures.  ne%d: can't handle af%d
       The interface was handed a message with addresses formated in an unsuitable address family, and the packet was dropped.

ne%d: memory error (MERR)
       A host memory problem or a memory parity error has occurred.

ne%d: SIOCADDMULTI fail, multicast list full
       Too many multicast requests have been made.

See Also
       arp(4p), inet(4f), intro(4n)

ne(4)