Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to connect to Internet Post 302328044 by srinivas2828 on Tuesday 23rd of June 2009 08:29:13 AM
Old 06-23-2009
Unable to connect to Internet

Hi friends
recently i have installed SXDE 1/08 into my machine,and i installed wifi driver also
its working fine,Recently i was unable to connect to Internet,I have not changed any configurations and any installations,thing is that i got my iwk0 interface is UP and IP address also and i can able to ping my gateway and other machines in the same network btw No proxy server but my institute have firewall
but why it is behaving like this...any help
Code:
#ifconfig iwk0
iwk0: flags=201004843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DHCP,IPv4,CoS> mtu 1500 index 2
	inet 192.168.11.14 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.168.11.255

# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 loghost solaris

#svcs physical
disabled       14:24:57 svc:/network/physical:default
online         14:24:58 svc:/network/physical:nwam

bash-3.2$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 192.168.1.234
nameserver 202.88.238.3
nameserver 202.88.238.5
bash-3.2$ nslookup www.google.com
server:      192.168.1.234
address:     192.168.1.234#53

Non-authoritative answer:
www.google.com canonical name = www.l.google.com.
Name: www.l.google.com
address: 209.85.153.104

Last edited by srinivas2828; 06-23-2009 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: forgot to add text

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to the Internet

I running HPUX 11.0, Netscape gives me an error "Unable to locate Server" when using a www.something.com address. If I use an IP address I get past the router and onto the Internet. My workstation can get to the Router @ 192.168.0.1 and also it's local APACHE server. I have DHCP enabled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnalt
8 Replies

2. Solaris

trying to connect to internet

i have just installed solaris 10 on a 60 gb hard drive. now im trying to install my nic driver but when i put in the floppy disk for the nic card it cant read it, so then i found that i have to mount the floppy drive and i tried putting in the mount command but i dont know where to mount it and if... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
38 Replies

3. Solaris

How to connect to Internet

Hi I installed solaris developer edition 1/08 today.I want to connect to Broadband internet through my ADSL 2+ Modem/Router with a username and password. plz help in this case,I am new to sun solaris:confused: the modem itself is a router it worked well on ubuntu and red hat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santugvd
3 Replies

4. Linux

how to connect internet????

HI, Am using GPRS ( MOB # 3230 ) internet connection in windows Hw to use internet r connect in linux.. ( Red Hat Linux Ver.10 ) Please help me.. Thanks in adv.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharath raja
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to INTERNET using BSNL Broad band connection on Solaris-x86

Hi, Iam using BSNL broad band connection and i have installed two OS Xp & Sun solaris -x86 on my machine.Iam able to use INTERNET on windows Xp but not able to do it on solaris x86. I have tried using DHCP concept as well as sys-unconfig command in solaris but no results. When i use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't connect to Internet

Dear freinds... I downloaded solaris for x86 and was able to configure the lan correctly.. I can ping and share with other destops through lan... but still I can't connect to internet ? can you please help.. I put my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 to /etc/defaultrouter but with no use..... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
13 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

unable to connect internet on virtual machine

I have installed Oracle VM virtual box on Windows 7 and using LINUX (backtrack 5) as my virtual OS. The problem is i'm unable to connect to internet from my virtual OS. i'm using USB dongle (mobile broad band) to connect to internet from my host OS windows 7. I tried setting NAT in VM settings... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Unable to connect to internet on slackware 14.1 (hathway connection)

Hi, I have a wired internet connection of hathway provider. I would like to use the connection on my desktop as well as my laptop. My desktop pc has windows 7 and yesterday I installed slackware 14.1 (full installation) on my lenovo 3000 n100 laptop. Previously I had slacko puppy 5.7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinakbheed
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to connect to internet

Hello, I just installed CentOS 7 (Server with GUI) and guess what I could install Virtual Box Guest additions without installing any extra package/software which is great news ! Now bad news or not so great news. My Host OS is Windows 10, Virtual Box is the virtualization software. CentOS7-1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
0 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to connect guest VM to internet (QEMU via both 'User-mode networking' and 'TUN/TAP')

Hello, I installed FreeBSD 10.3 on AQEMU. I can't connect to internet in none of the modes of "Default, User-Mode Networking" and "TUN/TAP Networking". I am able to ping my host in the TAP networking mode (192.168.1.33 which is my IP addr in guest), but getting 'no route to host' for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies
wrsmconf(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      wrsmconf(1M)

NAME
wrsmconf - manage WCI RSM controller configurations SYNOPSIS
/usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/wrsmconf create -c controller_id -f config_file wrsmconf initial -f config_file [ -c controller_id] wrsmconf remove [ -c controller_id] wrsmconf topology [ -c controller_id] wrsmconf dump -c controller_id -f config_file DESCRIPTION
wrsmconf provides a means to create, install, retrieve, and remove configurations for WCI remote shared memory (RSM) controllers. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: create -c controller_id -f config_file Create a set of per-node configurations for the specified controller and store them to the file config_file. The created file contains a per-node configuration for each node specified in the input for the specified controller. The file has a checksum on it and cannot be modified directly. This file can be used in a wrsmconf initial call on each node to install the node's configuration into the local driver. A list of nodes and WCI devices connected to those nodes is read from standard input. For each connected pair of links, specify the nodename (uname -n), safari port id, and link number on both sides of the connection. The format of the information looks like this: <nodename>.<wrsm-portid>.<linkno>=<nodename>.<wrsm-portid>.<linkno> <nodename>.<wrsm-portid>.<linkno>=<nodename>.<wrsm-portid>.<linkno> This interface is intended for installing configurations for testing (such as for SunVTS). Only direct-connect, non-striped configura- tions for 1 to 3 nodes can be specified. FM node ids and RSM hardware addresses are assigned to the specified nodes contiguously and in order starting from 0. initial -f config_file [-c controller_id] Install the configuration for the local node stored in the file config_file into the driver as the initial configuration for the speci- fied controller. This command fails under the following circumstances: o If controller_id is specified and the configuration in the file is not for the specified controller. o If the file does not contain a valid configuration for the local node or if the checksum in the file shows it has been modified. o If a configuration has already been installed for the controller. If this happens, use wrsmconf remove to remove the existing con- figuration. remove [ -c controller_id ] Disable communication through the installed configuration for all controllers or the specified controller and remove the configura- tion(s) from the driver. topology -c controller_id For each installed controller (or for the specified controller), print to stdout the set of nodes this controller is configured to reach, including the nodename, FM node id, and RSM hardware address for each node. The following is example output: FM Node ID Node Name Controller Instance Controller HW Addr 0 hpc00 0 101 0 hpc00 1 333 1 hpc01 0 102 1 hpc01 1 54 1 hpc01 2 34 2 hpc03 0 103 2 hpc03 1 103 2 hpc03 2 103 dump -c controller-id -f config_file Fetch the installed configuration for the specified controller from the driver and store it into the file config_file along with a checksum to protect the data. This configuration can later be installed with the command wrsmconf initial. EXIT STATUS
This command returns 0 on successful completion, and a non-zero value if an error occured. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWwrsm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
kstat(1M), wrsmstat(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 25 Jun 2003 wrsmconf(1M)