Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX help auto starting app on boot Post 302326246 by KmJohnson on Wednesday 17th of June 2009 11:40:20 AM
Old 06-17-2009
thank you both. I am sure with the notes provided and the doc's referance I can get this resolved. Smilie happy days!! -KJ

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Boot

Ok when i reboot my machine its a pain in the A** i do not have a monitor on it and i know its going to eventualy ask me to type BOot and then its going to ask me if i want to interact with the........ and then it will boot up fine... Hp UX 11i is what i am running and i would like it to boot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
1 Replies

2. Slackware

starting up something on boot

I'm trying to bring up a database server when the linux 6.2 machine is restarted, in unix i can set up a Sxxdbstart script under rc3.d and run su user -c /path/to/my/script How can I do this in linux? I thought I could just run it under the rc.d/rc.local script and add it at the end of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to capture my app starting up.

This is the script for the cold backup that we get from mycat every time it goes down and up again. It's a huge email that we get and all within the body. Here is the dilemma; I would like to capture just the “”successful start up of the luminis app.”” I don't know if I need to do an “if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parente
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Auto fsck -y at boot

Does anyone know how or if its possible to automatically run fsck -y at boot if the initial fsck check finds that there has been data lost. Usually the initial fsck check will fix low level inconsistencies but if it finds that data has been lost it will put you into single user mode for you to log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazzy
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error situation handling when starting app from a script

Hi, in my bash script I start 3rd party app that runs quickly normally and returns some data that I use later for processing. However if there are problems the app doesn't return anything and just hangs... then my script also hangs of course, awaiting for the app to comeback. Was wondering how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomSu
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
GIT-NOTES(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-NOTES(1)

NAME
git-notes - Add/inspect object notes SYNOPSIS
git notes [list [<object>]] git notes add [-f] [-F <file> | -m <msg> | (-c | -C) <object>] [<object>] git notes copy [-f] ( --stdin | <from-object> <to-object> ) git notes append [-F <file> | -m <msg> | (-c | -C) <object>] [<object>] git notes edit [<object>] git notes show [<object>] git notes remove [<object>] git notes prune DESCRIPTION
This command allows you to add/remove notes to/from objects, without changing the objects themselves. A typical use of notes is to extend a commit message without having to change the commit itself. Such commit notes can be shown by git log along with the original commit message. To discern these notes from the message stored in the commit object, the notes are indented like the message, after an unindented line saying "Notes (<refname>):" (or "Notes:" for the default setting). This command always manipulates the notes specified in "core.notesRef" (see git-config(1)), which can be overridden by GIT_NOTES_REF. To change which notes are shown by git-log, see the "notes.displayRef" configuration. See the description of "notes.rewrite.<command>" in git-config(1) for a way of carrying your notes across commands that rewrite commits. SUBCOMMANDS
list List the notes object for a given object. If no object is given, show a list of all note objects and the objects they annotate (in the format "<note object> <annotated object>"). This is the default subcommand if no subcommand is given. add Add notes for a given object (defaults to HEAD). Abort if the object already has notes (use -f to overwrite an existing note). copy Copy the notes for the first object onto the second object. Abort if the second object already has notes, or if the first object has none (use -f to overwrite existing notes to the second object). This subcommand is equivalent to: git notes add [-f] -C $(git notes list <from-object>) <to-object> In --stdin mode, take lines in the format .ft C <from-object> SP <to-object> [ SP <rest> ] LF .ft on standard input, and copy the notes from each <from-object> to its corresponding <to-object>. (The optional <rest> is ignored so that the command can read the input given to the post-rewrite hook.) append Append to the notes of an existing object (defaults to HEAD). Creates a new notes object if needed. edit Edit the notes for a given object (defaults to HEAD). show Show the notes for a given object (defaults to HEAD). remove Remove the notes for a given object (defaults to HEAD). This is equivalent to specifying an empty note message to the edit subcommand. prune Remove all notes for non-existing/unreachable objects. OPTIONS
-f, --force When adding notes to an object that already has notes, overwrite the existing notes (instead of aborting). -m <msg>, --message=<msg> Use the given note message (instead of prompting). If multiple -m options are given, their values are concatenated as separate paragraphs. -F <file>, --file=<file> Take the note message from the given file. Use - to read the note message from the standard input. -C <object>, --reuse-message=<object> Reuse the note message from the given note object. -c <object>, --reedit-message=<object> Like -C, but with -c the editor is invoked, so that the user can further edit the note message. --ref <ref> Manipulate the notes tree in <ref>. This overrides both GIT_NOTES_REF and the "core.notesRef" configuration. The ref is taken to be in refs/notes/ if it is not qualified. NOTES
Every notes change creates a new commit at the specified notes ref. You can therefore inspect the history of the notes by invoking, e.g., git log -p notes/commits. Currently the commit message only records which operation triggered the update, and the commit authorship is determined according to the usual rules (see git-commit(1)). These details may change in the future. AUTHOR
Written by Johannes Schindelin <johannes.schindelin@gmx.de[1]> and Johan Herland <johan@herland.net[2]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Johannes Schindelin and Johan Herland GIT
Part of the git(7) suite NOTES
1. johannes.schindelin@gmx.de mailto:johannes.schindelin@gmx.de 2. johan@herland.net mailto:johan@herland.net Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-NOTES(1)