Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking server is not getting synchronized with ntp server Post 302324630 by mannam srinivas on Thursday 11th of June 2009 08:59:29 AM
Old 06-11-2009
hi
here from my local server to ntp server pinging is inhibited that's why we observed 100% packet loss but another local server with 100% packet loss is able to sync with ntp server

i beleive it's not a network problem if it's network problem another local server also should not get synced with ntp server where also we observed 100% packet loss right?
if my understanding is not correct could u pls eaplain it.

thank you

Srinu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ntp Server

Hi. i was wondering if anyone can show me or direct me on setting up a ntp server under redhat.. Is there any howtos so i can get familar to it "any good sites" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
3 Replies

2. Solaris

ntp server and ntp client

All, How do you set a Solaris 9 server which received ntp updates from a ntp server to broadcast them on a local subnet. I have created a /etc/inet/ntp.conf file to receive the updates from a server on network and need to make this server become like a ntp relay from the main server. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3 questions about NTP server

Folks; I'm setting up a new NTP server to sync time for our network. I have one Linux server that needs to point to that NTP server My 3 questions are: 1. I added the IP address for the NTP server to the "/etc/hosts" file on the Linux server. Is that all i need to do to make the Linux server... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ntp server setup

Not connected to the internet so I would like to set up 1 unix machine to be the ntp server and have it sync time to about 30 other machines that are all on an private 10net network?:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parrisjr
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

NTP server

Hi All.... I need to configure NTP server in my network, which is heterogeneous, containing Linux as well as windows systems. I'm planning to configure it on RHEL 5.0. What are the prerequisites for this and do I need to register this server? Can anyone give me as many information as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amol21
1 Replies

6. Linux

How often does Linux NTP server update its time with the external NTP server?

All here, thank you for listening. Now I've set up a Linux NTP server by adding a external windows NTP server in /etc/ntp.conf. Then I start the ntpd daemon. But how often does the Linux NTP server update its time with the external NTP server? I've looked up everywhere but found no information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MichaelLi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NTP server can not be reached

hello Guys, I have an NTP problem on my SUN N240 server. External NTP server is being used for this box and when i run 'ntpq -p' i get connection refused message; Code: ntpq -p ntpq: read: Connection refused Here this is the ntp.conf file: Code: cat /etc/ntp.conf # BEGIN NTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dyavuzy1
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Setting up NTP HP-UX clients from solaris NTP server

Hi I wonder if its possible to setup NTP clients running HP-UX o.s. from a solaris 10 NTP server? FR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Ntp client sync with local over ntp server

Hi, I have two ntp servers in my cluster and I want all the nodes in my cluster to sync with either of the ntp servers or just one. Unfortunately it keep rotating the sync, between my ntp server 1, ntp server 2 and local. Is there anyway I can change the sync to avoid local? # ntpq -p ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
3 Replies

10. Linux

What is the best OS for NTP server?

Hello I need to create NTP server for all my devices, What is the best OS for NTP Server? "CentOS, Redhat, Ubuntu " I tried before Ubuntu but some of device not detect the server Need your recommendation Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moudmm
2 Replies
ntp-wait(1)							   User Commands						       ntp-wait(1)

NAME
ntp-wait - Wait for ntpd to stabilize the system clock SYNOPSIS
ntp-wait [-flags] [-flag [value]] [--option-name[[=| ]value]] All arguments must be options. DESCRIPTION
ntp-wait will send at most num-tries queries to ntpd(8), sleeping for secs-between-tries after each status return that says ntpd(8) has not yet produced a synchronized and stable system clock. ntp-wait will do this quietly, unless the -v flag is provided. This can be useful at boot time, to delay the boot sequence until after ntpd -g has set the time. OPTIONS
-n number, --tries=number Number of times to check ntpd. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The default number for this option is: 100 The maximum number of times we will check ntpd to see if it has been able to synchronize and stabilize the system clock. -s secs-between-tries, --sleep=secs-between-tries How long to sleep between tries. This option takes an integer number as its argument. The default secs-between-tries for this option is: 6 We will sleep for secs-between-tries after each query of ntpd that returns "the time is not yet stable". -v, --verbose Be verbose. By default, ntp-wait is silent. With this option, ntp-wait will provide status information. -?, --help Display usage information and exit. -!, --more-help Pass the extended usage information through a pager. -v [{v|c|n --version [{v|c|n}]}] Output version of program and exit. The default mode is `v', a simple version. The `c' mode will print copyright information and `n' will print the full copyright notice. EXIT STATUS
One of the following exit values will be returned: 0 (EXIT_SUCCESS) Successful program execution. 1 (EXIT_FAILURE) The operation failed or the command syntax was not valid. 70 (EX_SOFTWARE) libopts had an internal operational error. Please report it to autogen-users@lists.sourceforge.net. Thank you. AUTHORS
Harlan Stenn NOTES
This document corresponds to version 4.2.8p13 of NTP. This manual page was AutoGen-erated from the ntp-wait option definitions. ntp (4.2.8p13) 20 Feb 2019 ntp-wait(1)