Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers vi Search for text, Replace with <CR> or control character. Post 302318050 by omega949 on Wednesday 20th of May 2009 03:49:45 PM
Old 05-20-2009
Thanks Padow,

Unfortunately, using your syntax causes each instance of " -I" to be replace with "^@" as in:

^@/myviews/nexus_7400rel/vobs/nexus/platforms/97400/include ^@/myviews/nexus_7400rel/vobs/nexus/modules/i2c/7400/include ^@/myviews/nexus_7400rel/vobs/nexus/modules/surface/7400/include

Any other ideas?

Omega949

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to search and replace based on character count

Hi, I wanted to add a newline character after every 100 characters in a file using a awk or shell without reading each line of the file. I want to run a command on the complete file. This does based on a string but i want to add a new line after every 100 characters ir-respective of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace any control character in the string

Need to replace any control character in the string in perl ---------- Post updated at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:50 PM ---------- Any help !!! Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace text

Hello, I am trying to search and replace but I don't know how to do it. My simple knowlegde in search and replace using sed is not helping me at all. File: its a cause value #22: dfg ggg Cause value #1: aasfa fasdf asfa value #22: affg gggg Basically i want to replace the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan1983a
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex:search/replace but not for escaped character

Hi Input: - -- --- ---- aa-bb-cc aa--bb--cc aa---bb---cc aa----bb----cc Output: . - -. -- aa.bb.cc (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chitech
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Control M (^M) character with new line

Hi All, We are getting an external file in abc.csv format. When opened in excel spread sheet, it is opening alright. But when opened in notepad, I see the contents in a single line. Ftp'd the file in binary mode to AIX UNIX host. When opened, I see Control M (^M) characters in place of New Line... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a particular word and replace the first character

Hi Unix gurus, I've a dna sequence in a file format known as fasta format (sequence header starts with > and ignored), an example shown below: >sequence_1 CGTATTCTCCGAATACC ATACG >sequence_2 CAGATTTTCAAATACCCCC In a file like this I want to do the following three search and replace. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a character and replace it with multiple lines

This is for AIX 6.1, I've a flat file and the format is like this DECLARE some statements; BEGIN some statements; END; I've to search BEGIN and replace it with the following 4 lines BEGIN For x in 1..1 LOOP BEGIN Similarly I've to search END and replace it with the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mukul Sharma
7 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Search for a pattern and replace a space at specific position with a Character in File

In file, we have millions of records each of 1000 in length. And at specific position say 800 there is a space, we need to replace it with Character X if the ID in that row starts with 123. So far i have used the below which is replacing space at that position to X but its not checking for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagmeet Singh
3 Replies
ldi_get_eventcookie(9F) 				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				   ldi_get_eventcookie(9F)

NAME
ldi_get_eventcookie - Retrieve an NDI event service cookie for the device represented by the layered driver handle SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/sunldi.h> int ldi_get_eventcookie(ldi_handle_t lh, char *name ddi_eventcookie_t * ecp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) PARAMETERS
ldi_handle_t lh Layered handle. char *name NULL-terminated string containing the event name. ddi_eventcookie_t *ecp Pointer to the kernel event cookie. DESCRIPTION
The ldi_get_eventcookie() function queries the device tree for a cookie matching the given event name and returns a reference to that cookie. The search is performed by calling up the device tree hierarchy of the device represented by the layered driver handle until the request is satisfied by a bus nexus driver, or the top of the dev_info tree is reached. The cookie returned by this function can be used to register a callback handler with ldi_add_event_handler(9F). RETURN VALUES
DDI_SUCCESS Cookie handle is returned. DDI_FAILURE Request was not serviceable by any nexus driver in the target device's ancestral device tree hierarchy. CONTEXT
This function may be called from user or kernel contexts. SEE ALSO
ldi_add_event_handler(9F), ldi_remove_event_handler(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 9 Feb 2004 ldi_get_eventcookie(9F)